It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump envisions bill allowing many immigrants to stay in US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He's a dealmaker and a salesman.
All good businessmen and politicians are.
Business is politics.

We'll see if he's different.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: EightAhoy

I assume you're a Trump supporter and the topic of the thread is about Trump. Take a wild guess.

Trump lied during his campaign and is now going back on what he said. Promising one thing and then doing something different is called a lie.

That is one way to look at it, or.. (this is going to sound like BUT OBAMA...but I promise that is not my intent) remember all the bush initiatives that obama was going to reverse and did not... sometimes you make promises on the campaign trail and when you get elected you get the entire picture and have no choice but to change your stance.

Or yea he could be lying.. :p

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I highly doubt anything will happen with this.

The Leftest in no way want this, they would loose a very important issue and would only accept a solution put forth by a leftest.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
He's being a traitor to the people that put him in office.

Utterly shameful...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Lol its a trick! Right now trump has dems backed into the spot he wants them. watch it will require illegals to register and bar them from federal funding programs. Which will not fly ever with dems and dems will kill the bill! At that point he will address the issue with the nation stating the facts and that a massive wave of ice inforcement is going to be happening because its a national security issue with millions of undocumented illegal aliens and no ability to track them how can he expected to get rid of the non violent ones if they become violent later.

Bang game over dems! It puts the ball in there court and allows them to fail or bend to his ideas which if they do take isn't a path to citizenship and becomes a data base on where to start.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've got news for some of you, if you think there's a rational way to round up 14+ million people, you're living in a dream world. The only pragmatic thing to do is make them legal to where their applicable to our laws and taxes and then do whatever is necessary to secure borders to minimize further incursions...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Wrong.
People are born rich, or born in to wealth.
And you know it.

Not everyone born into a wealthy family ends up wealthy. You still have to be handed cash, either to help you get started in life, or as an inheritance. Ultimately, it's your own choice to accept that money or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I have no problem with A path to "legal" status.

But for me there has to be a part that makes it so that if you enter after the law there will be no new law years down the line Giving anyone that enters illegally another amnesty 20 to 30 years down the line.

Anyone that enters illegally after a trump amnesty WILL BE DEPORTED.
And anyone that DOES NOT FOLLOW the path to legal status can also be deported.
No ifs ands or buts you ether get legal status or go home because if you don't you will be sent home when caught.
And the law should also allow those that follow the path to legal status to be deported IF they COMMIT a FELONY IN the first 10 years.

It will never happen. They can sign onto that plan now, but in 30 years time when enforcement needs to happen, they'll just look for another amnesty. It's going to be a recurring issue, just as it always has been.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
I've got news for some of you, if you think there's a rational way to round up 14+ million people, you're living in a dream world. The only pragmatic thing to do is make them legal to where their applicable to our laws and taxes and then do whatever is necessary to secure borders to minimize further incursions...

I guess you are a holocaust denier if you don't think it is possible to round up any creed of people.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
He's being a traitor to the people that put him in office.

Utterly shameful...

I hope this is sarcasm.
If it's not, then you have no idea how things work.
Everything in life, business and politics is a give and take.

You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GAB4754

Key word RATIONAL... Something many rightists and leftists need to learn
edit on 28-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Wrong.
And you know it.

Not everyone born into a wealthy family ends up wealthy. You still have to be handed cash, either to help you get started in life, or as an inheritance. Ultimately, it's your own choice to accept that money or not.

But you said "no one is born rich". Babies are not handed cash and can not decide to accept or deny the wealth they were born in to.
edit on 2017-02-28T19:56:27-06:002201728America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: EightAhoy

I assume you're a Trump supporter and the topic of the thread is about Trump. Take a wild guess.

Yeah, well I support balanced, achievable policy. Spent half of my career dealing with political, legislative, and regulatory processes and procedures. Odd things fascinate me. Trump's campaign being one such thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Wrong.
And you know it.

Ultra Philosophical.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

But you said nobody is born rich. Babies are not handed cash and can not decide to accept or deny the wealth they were born in to.

Everyone is born with nothing. Luck is at play for your financial status as a child. Once you're old enough to comprehend money though, it's up to you to accept it or reject it. The same is true of large sums which actually make you wealthy. Being born with a silver spoon, is one thing... but that's family money. Being born wealthy is another, at that point you have no money.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Wouldn't it be ironic if this new bill actually makes illegal immigration even worse? Now that would be funny, not in a good way though.

I don't know if it will go that way but giving illegals an easier route to legality points to it. Not saying that's a good or bad thing, just something interesting when taking his campaigning into account.

Amnesty bills makes illegal immigration much worse. We can all look back at the Reagan Amnesty and see that it fixed nothing.

I do not believe Trump is that dumb.

If it is a residency permit, I am guessing it will have strict rules attached that most illegals will not want to sign. If he is smart it will be a deportation bill disguised as an amnesty bill that will not be morally objectionable.

The bill would have things like companies having to pay illegals minimum wage, illegals having to pay taxes and back taxes, people with residency permits are denied any form of welfare. anchor baby laws repealed
The bill would also have a cutoff, any new illegals would be instant deported no questions asked.

Here would be my bill
Any illegal who reports and gets 10 other illegals deported gets citizenship. dog eat dog.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ultra Philosophical.

Not really my intent. Just speaking from experience, and somewhat from my philosophy that I don't believe in inheritance. It should be up to each generation to make their way in the world.

A few have had family backgrounds like mine where they've been able to make that choice. A few (not many) make it. Many others never get to be in that situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

But you said nobody is born rich. Babies are not handed cash and can not decide to accept or deny the wealth they were born in to.

Everyone is born with nothing. Luck is at play for your financial status as a child. Once you're old enough to comprehend money though, it's up to you to accept it or reject it. The same is true of large sums which actually make you wealthy. Being born with a silver spoon, is one thing... but that's family money. Being born wealthy is another, at that point you have no money.

Everybody is born with a parent.
So everybody is born with something.
Some are rich.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Everybody is born with a parent.
So everybody is born with something.
Some are rich.

Rich parents don't necessarily mean rich children.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Any illegal who reports and gets 10 other illegals deported gets citizenship. dog eat dog.

Brutal that would cause people to get murdered real quick!
edit on 28-2-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join