It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump envisions bill allowing many immigrants to stay in US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Trump thinks he might have the magic solution to the mounting illegal immigrant problem.

A path to "legal" status is in the making !!

He says compromise in Congress is the answer to legislation.

This is not for criminals and violent immigrants.

Well ?

(CNN)President Donald Trump wants to pass an immigration reform bill that could grant legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants living in the US.

"The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides," Trump told reporters Tuesday at the White House.

The President is eager to pass a compromise immigration bill in his first term that would stop short of granting a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants, but would allow undocumented immigrants who aren't serious or violent criminals to live, work and pay taxes in the US without fear of deportation, a senior administration official said. And Trump is now considering adding the topic to his speech Tuesday night before his address to a joint session of Congress.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump thinks he might have the magic solution to the mounting illegal immigrant problem.

A path to "legal" status is in the making !!

He says compromise in Congress is the answer to legislation.

This is not for criminals and violent immigrants.

Well ?

(CNN)President Donald Trump wants to pass an immigration reform bill that could grant legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants living in the US.

"The time is right for an immigration bill as long as there is compromise on both sides," Trump told reporters Tuesday at the White House.

The President is eager to pass a compromise immigration bill in his first term that would stop short of granting a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants, but would allow undocumented immigrants who aren't serious or violent criminals to live, work and pay taxes in the US without fear of deportation, a senior administration official said. And Trump is now considering adding the topic to his speech Tuesday night before his address to a joint session of Congress.
i like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And remove being born making you an automatic citizen.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've been saying this for years! A path to legal status, that's clear, affordable and attainable!

There's no downside.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Well his first attempt was a bombastic Freshman Political Embarrassment. Maybe King Marmalade could use some advice, like don't listen to the voice in your pants.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bah, I strongly dislike this.
We need to be thinning the herd, not buying more cattle.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I've been saying this for years! A path to legal status, that's clear, affordable and attainable!

There's no downside.

there was always a clear affordable, attainable path to citizenship. that path was blurred the past couple of presidencies.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Satire:

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: amazing

There's no downside.

there was always a clear affordable, attainable path to citizenship. that path was blurred the past couple of presidencies.

It's been blurred since before Reagan and we've always had this argument and for decades no one has done anything about it.

link   
So were not a nation of laws. Allowing people who entered this country illegally to stay in this country, that is a slap in the face to all those who continue to wait in line to come here.

It's Reagan amnesty all over again, which does nothing to stop people entering this country illegally.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is, like, the third thing Trump has done in the past few days, leaving me scratching my head saying "I ain't mad at that... why am I not mad at Trump?"

He is sooooo damned baffling. I think I'm shifting him from Neutral Evil to Chaotic Neutral.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Trump flip flops so much it's ridiculous. Pandering to anyone and everyone he can then switching it up to pander to the next line of people.

This man is as dishonest as they come, a pathological liar who has sold his soul to the devil to become rich and famous.

Hard to believe that so many people put so much energy and trust into him.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
obama had an immigration reform bill ready for a vote for 3 years ( I'm pretty sure) but congress would not vote on it because they wanted this issue to campaign on

now that they are in, they go back to obama's bill

you can't make this # up

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why not?...., if they aren't criminals, pay taxes and are well educated.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Just like with repealing Obamacare, only now instead of "repealing" it they are going to "revise" it but keep the same core framework in place.

Like I said, they say one thing in order to pander to the right then flip flop in order to pander to the left.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
obama had an immigration reform bill ready for a vote for 3 years ( I'm pretty sure) but congress would not vote on it because they wanted this issue to campaign on

now that they are in, they go back to obama's bill

you can't make this # up

It wasn't the Obama bill. It was the Gang of Eight: Four Democrat senators and four Republican senators crafted the bill with over a dozen Republican Senators voting in favor of the bill. It remained dormant in the House, expiring at the end of that legislative term.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This man is as dishonest as they come, a pathological liar who has sold his soul to the devil to become rich and famous.

So, if you are born rich you have to sell your soul to devil to become rich?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Didn't GW Bush have a temporary program that was basically the same thing but hardly any illegal immigrants applied for it because with legal status they would actually have to prove they had a job and were paying taxes on their income? See, that's the whole problem with a huge chunk of illegals- they want the benefits but don't want the responsibilities that come with those benefits. To legally immigrate to this country you have to prove you have a legal job with means to support yourself so no nursing on the government teet.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

If you were raised by someone who sold their soul to the devil then it's likely you'll follow in their footsteps. "For the love of money is the root of all evil" and Trump loves money.

That aside he has made his own money as well and has become extremely famous in the process, he's probably the most famous person in the world right now and has been one of the most famous for decades. That doesn't happen by accident.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join