It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump weekends at Mar-a-Lago for 4th week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Simple question: Do you support Trump personally charging the government $2 billion over the course of his presidency, to house him? Especially when other housing is available?

Like I said before, it's not even about the cost. It's that the money is going to him. If Trump were attending some other resort where he wasn't personally pocketing the cash, it would be a different story.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Glad you brought this up because I thought the same thing from what I had read about him this weekend.

www.usatoday.com...

They were not in Florida this weekend it seems Byrd...

So was he there or not?
Funny how you all seem to be ignoring this comment.
I'm searching and I can't seem to find any other source reporting this. But by all means keep up this insistent yammering.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

LOL , you guys and gals have lost your ever loving mind with this election.

It's our money he is spending. Why is it wrong for us to ask for limits in his spending? Heck, no has even suggested that yet. Byrd and others are just exposing the costs he is running up.

Many of us have to be frugal in our personal spending; why can't we expect the President to do the same with our tax dollars?

Conservative fiscal responsibility flies out the window when they hold the checkbook, it seems.
edit on 2/27/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Simple question: Do you support Trump personally charging the government $2 billion over the course of his presidency, to house him? Especially when other housing is available?

Yes, its well worth the money for the LOL factor from people losing their ever mind over trump.

BTW did you hear that Trump wan'ts to convert the US to the metric system.

keep up the good work and can't wait to hear about his toilet paper audit.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

...And you support it just for the lulz? You don't see the hypocricy in Congress having a price tag on them (which your avatar reminds us of) and Trump putting a price tag on himself? Donate $200,000 to him and you get unlimited access to him at Mar-a-lago. I'm sure no one is abusing that.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It's our money he is spending. Why is it wrong for us to ask for limits in his spending?

Because the left has gone full bat crazy with hypocrisy, BS, and cry wolf syndrome. They made so much noise that their voice has become silent.

Seriously, I didn't vote for trump and don't trust trump and supported Bernie (sadly turned out to be a fake), but the LEFT tactics are counter productive .

What I see from the left is like a bunch of whiny kids that didn't get what they wanted and the world has come to an end and everything is a crisis. Pick your battles if you want to win the war.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
originally posted by: JAY1980

So was he there or not?
Funny how you all seem to be ignoring this comment.
I'm searching and I can't seem to find any other source reporting this. But by all means keep up this insistent yammering.

Yeah, I have to agree. OP sourced garbage blogging.

Try this one that states "next weekend' making the OP's quoted content erroneous.

Trump expected to huddle with top GOP donors in Palm Beach: By Josh Dawsey and Kenneth P. Vogel 02/23/17 01:23 PM EST

President Donald Trump is expected to head to Florida next weekend to address the Republican Party's top donors, according to several people familiar with the plans.

OP's Source: "4th straight"
Ummm, no.

OP's own comment: "...and that's only a month into his presidency."
Ummm, no. If he attends, it will be during his 7th weekend since the inauguration.

And even in the Politico story, it states "Florida" and "Palm Beach." Nothing whatsoever about Mar A Lago.

But next Monday it will be posted, again. Maybe an OP will state, "Trump weekends at Mar-a-Lago for 5th week" with stellar sources quoted such as "people familiar with the plans" and everyone will s&f without doing independent research forgetting that this thread belonged in the trash bin because it is simply, fa.. fa... er false.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
..And you support it just for the lulz? You don't see the hypocricy in Congress having a price tag on them (which your avatar reminds us of) and Trump putting a price tag on himself? .

Yes, because congress has ALWAYS had a price tag on them along with politicians. Trump isn't unique here.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Where does it say the US taxpayer paid for his sons trip? I do not see that in the article. I know that according to the law 'any immediate relative' including his brother and sister could get protection. This is not working the system it is how it is. Think about the time Chelsea and Bill traveled for HRC campaigning or even for the CGI. They have lifetime protection. Hell, they even used Air Force One to campaign. BO should have been running the f'n country not running as psuedo prez.

So, to address it, I guess it was ok with you that Obama had his mother in law move into the White House and she had extra security costs for 8 years, right? Personally, I could care less. I am sure it helped the girls transition. However look at all of the vacations they took. Not Obama himself...his wife, two daughters and MIL.

As far as how often...is he getting things done? Yes. You do not want to admit it you Trump haters but he is. A lot. Each trip he has taken was also filled with meetings and other events.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Not to mention Bidens very frequent trips back home, sometimes on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Could You imagine If Pres Obama did this? There would be at least 10 threads on ATS about His weekend "retreats"..Hey pres Agent Orange do your effing job.

#soclever #original #agentorange #youresofunny #trendsetter #edgy
/s
Grow up.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: buster2010

Oh, suddenylt eh "just because someone else did it doesn't mean it's right for you to," is a valid argument? Tell me again why people wanted to let Hillary off the hook for the insanely corrupt and illegal (and well-documented by the FBI) practices she committed? Oh, that's right, because someone else did it too.

You mean the ones she was investigated for and not charged? It's funny how when Trump supporters finally run out of lies they start whining Hillary.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Where does it say the US taxpayer paid for his sons trip?

Who do you think pays for all the secret service agents that travel with him?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think another way of accounting needs to be in place...

the AirForce 1 is always on standby, the crews and support are always on the ready to actually having a trip...the only personal cost for a personal trip might be the fuel used to get to-&-from the destination...oh, and 'Landing Fees'

the same goes with the Secret Service guards and snipers... they are assigned duty and get paid whether at the WH or at a Florida private retreat... there is a difference between a skeleton-crew used during routine WH grounds duty and a TDY assignment that is at a personal retreat used as a temporary WH.... and that factor is the alleged Cost

I am relieved that the current WH occupant does not demand Muslim prayer times each & every day...probably with tax-payer-paid Prayer Rugs at the WH any more.... nor any extra security to insure that prying eyes or a nosey WH staff member didn't whistleblow about any alleged Transsexual evidence being discovered ~or are the CCTV camera streaming loops only in the IR spectrum, at the living quarters?~

edit on th28148821986827242017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From DontheCon's lips, June 23, 2015:

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

The Hill

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The same people who pay for Carter, Clinton, 2 Bushes and the Obamas. SS and taking vacations are two different things but for some reason many of you are combining them.

First, this article from the OP is a lie and should be in the Hoax bin. Second, a vacation is 2 weeks in the Hamptons or Marthas Vineyard or Hawaii which you find many presidents did.

Crawford Ranch was a second White House for 8 years.

I also like how you skirted the cost of the Clintons and their protection while working for a private entity as the CGI as well as the campaigning. Why did I as a taxpayer pay for a presidential candidate to fly on AF1? She paid an 'offset' but not the total cost. Why?

edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-27T13:46:52-06:000152 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
One thread per week on this? Last week was his 3rd. Next weekend will be his 5th.

Yep, welcome to the new ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why did I as a taxpayer pay for a presidential candidate to fly on AF1?

HRC was flying around on AF1? How could that be possible, she wasn't the President. Must be fake news....

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I just read he hosted a military ball at the WH while something was going on in Hollywood. Don't remember what was going on out west.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The Chicago Cubs won Best Picture...
edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-27T14:59:09-06:000209 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join