It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp full 4 hour interview tonight with Tom Delonge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
please stop arguing

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
back on topic

does anyone know how a punk rock singer
(I say that with a massive bag of salt)
got to talk to high ranking officials ?
I mean why Tom ?
it cant be that he's an amazing author
can it ?
edit on 27-2-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

It's just because he has fame and free time and must be bored of the music biz to a large degree. That tool Robbie Williams (who I believe was active in here about 10 years ago..maybe still is) inserted his bored self into the UFO "community" back then and I think he might have made a documentary or whatever...

It's not hard to contact the "right " people if you have time and a platform..pop stars etc are just relying on their fame to open doors but you don't need it. I mean a journalist on a local paper or even a blogger often has enough of a platform to call up just about anyone and atleast try to get an interview, many do pull it off too.

Seriously, if you are interested, just set up a blog..you may already have one. Let it run for a few weeks and then start making calls..
You "hello can I speak to mr so and so?"
Secatary "and who shall I say is calling?"
You "your name from such and such web site"

You would be surprised that more often than not..that's really all it takes. If you do it with a bit of confidence.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21949952]Reverbs[/post
they actually just made a successful new album(july 2016)," The album debuted at number one in the US and several other countries, and was the group's first domestic chart-topper in 15 years, and their first ever in the UK. "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_(Blink-182_album) And TDL was wanted back, but he was too busy chasing aliens, for me TDL is just a small piece of a big jigsaw, that involves projecting a truth that tptb want to have us materialise, Ancient Gods fighting Ancient wars, occultism, he has masonic symbols all over his website, TDL is not interested in the money part, he's just following orders!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
While everyone else is lionizing Tom, let me just suggest one simple explanation for Tom and his work. Tom is a mouthpiece for an ongoing operation that simultaneously reinforces old stories (which obviously contain some information, and probably disinformation), and embellishes them with "new" information.

In other words, nothing he says can really be taken at face value, for one simple reason.

Most if not all of his sources are paid (if former) insiders -- men and perhaps women with salaries, pensions and positions, and security clearances

No what sort of idiot would trust those sources? Even if their mouthpiece is a "cool" dude who knows how to play rock music, write lyrics and take drugs without losing his mind. Why would "they" choose such a mouthpiece in the first place?

Easy answer: so people like us would believe them.

Well for that very reason I'm not buying it.

I don't believe in Tom Delonge, for the simple reason that he is too believable. And the people that inform him are veteran liars with their balls in the vise grip of people much more powerful than themselves, people with a vested interest in making Tom and his book the most believable, and possibly the most misinforming, bit of propaganda ever published on this topic. There is no effing way Tom's book doesn't throw at least one major monkey wrench of misunderstanding into this conversation. The reason is, because Tom is the best possible misinformant alive for that purpose. TPTB would be crazy not to use him as a misinformation vector.

Why? Because it's the job of Tom's informants to do just that -- misinform with clever conceptual monkey-wrenches thrown into the machinery of conspiracy theorizing.

The notion that anyone in a position of knowledge and authority around the UFO issue is really free to speak their mind, is patently absurd IMO.

I think you're all fools to think that Tom Delonge really has anything new, informative or more "true" to say.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What I think is interesting is how hard he's being slammed before anyone reads the first book of the trilogy with Lavenda. I prefer to let the information stand or fall on its own merits in this case. There is no sense calling BS prior to actually digging in to the info.

We've been through several TD discussions on the boards here, and before Wikileaks people were absolutely positive he didn't have any real high-level
contacts, followed by "it's just for the money."

In those threads, it was also established that TD has sunk a LOT of his own money into all of this and that he will be very very lucky to even recoup his outlay. (Don't take my word for it, see the ATS site owner's posts, Springer, who has spoken directly with Tom and who knows Knapp.)

I don't know if the book will make all things mind-blowingly clear or if it will put nails in the coffin of TD's Ufology career, but what I am absolutely sure if, is that I don't have enough information yet to determine that.

Honestly, I get why people are so down on it because the UFO community has been jerked around so much, and has been led down the garden path, so to speak, by so very many people that the Truth could smack us all in the face and we'd give it a sarcastic "yeah right, ya big faker!"

It is a jaded and self-protective group of folks. And even if the truth is delivered on a silver platter, it will be endlessly debated and deconstructed as well as flippantly debunked. That is just what happens. There seems to be some folks who take pride in crying "debunked!" faster than anyone else. It is always going to be that way.

*shrug*

I don't mind that TD is marketing a book he really wants people to read. Marketing is just part of life when you write a book or do a movie or other big media kind of thing.

I did not hear the interview, so I can't speak directly to it.

After reading the book, in my opinion, the real debate can begin.

AB
edit on 27-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Right. Nobody has the right to criticize him and his sekret show before they've payed money for it...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Is there any way to listen to this without a subscription? Can't I just pay to download this one show?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Right. Nobody has the right to criticize him and his sekret show before they've payed money for it...

Sigh. That's not what I said, but hey, go with what you feel.

edit on 27-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
NOTICE!
There are too many posts that are either going off-topic or attacking members instead of their opinions. STAY ON TOPIC and do NOT attack members!

Any further serious violations of this site's very clear T&Cs may result in posting bans -- and we do not want that!

Remember:
Attack the post, not the poster!

And as always, do NOT reply to this post!.

edit on 27/2/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I haven't listened to the interview, but if you see my original post on this thread, I stated that I figured it would be Tom directing people to buy his book when he's asked such questions.
Hopefully something good came from this interview and not just him just promoting his book

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well the first part about him pooping himself when the Podesta emails came out was very interesting.....then I fell asleep after the same ol started, I'll listen to it all later tonight to see if there is any meat in his burger.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

We have discussed TDL before on this board you and I, and although I must confess to being initially very dismissive, I am now more baffled than anything else.

There can be no doubt that much of the connections that TDL has claimed, have been more or less verified through WikiLeaks and other sources. So the "truth" that we are being served is (at least partially) from other cooks than Tom.

What baffles me is why all of the hooplah is needed at all?
Why must it be strung out like butter over too much bread?
Why can it not be presented at a simple press conference, with a few physics defying craft hovering on display, and the people who have purportedly struggled with this on our behalf for nearly a century center stage?

In short, what is the curious thing is not what Tom is doing, but what are the other guys doing? And why are they doing it? That is where our scrutiny should be directed, in my opinion. Not on Toms motives.

I like Tom, for all his antics. I guess we can give him his 90 days.

BT

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm gonna try to find the interview, even though by the sounds of it,mits just Tom dodging questions and failing to provide any real answers.
I honestly loved his book Sekret Machines book 1 chasing shadows.
Even if it was a fiction book, the way it followed multiple time lines and characters had me fighting to stay awake late at night, just to finish the page...then another.

I'm not saying that he has the answers, but from an entertainment perspective, and if you like a good book, I recommend reading it.

I will read his new book once it comes out, regardless if it is just a fictional tale.
I'm sure it will be just as entertaining as the first.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

If I can't find the interview, is there a way you could share it those of us who can't find it?
If not, no big deal.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Disregard my post about asking you to share it. I just found the interview on Reddit.
However, it is from an unknown source, so be sure to scan it before opening it.

Edit: removed link. it was not the feb 26/27 interview. It was an interview from last March.

edit on 27-2-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I completely agree.

Ever since his AMA here, a part of me feels that his contacts might regret picking "TDL" for this job.

It really does seem to be another round in the merry-go-round of the "disclosure" scheme.

Ill say that I've read what's been released so far and will continue to do so, but I'm definitely approaching it like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. In fact, a big part of me expects that's the sort of empire that is being built and I'm not at all convinced the motives are benign. Just the creation of a nice, permanent platform for messing with people, heh.

As for things like interviews, AMA's, etc... I'll take a pass. At this point, it seems like if you have seen or read one, you know them all and they are a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree that you can't judge information until it's known, but you judge people by their past character. Delong was dismissive, evasive, arrogant in his AMA and in his interviews he seems to be happier about being in the know above us than he does about telling us.

a reply to: Namdru
He's basically being groomed into the spokesman for whatever the psy ops are cooking, because we wouldn't believe what they tell us. The tricksters need a modern god to herald us into believing the rulers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join