It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeVos slams billions in Obama school spending

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
New Education Secretary Betsy DeVos was at the CPAC meetings and completely slammed the last Administration for spending $7 Billion in "improvement" grants and got nothing.

She said the money did zero to improve much of anything (except maybe some new cars for some people close to the situation).

She mentioned some kind of government analysis.

She emphasized: “They tested their model and failed miserably.”

DeVos slams billions in Obama school spending: ‘They tested their model and failed miserably’

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos highlighted President Obama’s failure to improve education during his eight years in office, including $7 billion in “improvement” grants that made no meaningful improvement, at the Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday.

DeVos took direct aim at the liberal ideology that money equals results in education, saying at CPAC 2017 she was the “first person to tell Bernie Sanders to his face, there’s no such things as a free lunch,” National Public Radio reports.

She expanded on her point by criticizing $7 billion in school improvement grands doled out by the Obama administration during his tenure that did nothing to improve student learning, according to a government analysis.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol

She has no idea what she's doing and is probably just repeating talking points Trump's administration told her to say.

Trumps cabinet, for the most part, is a complete joke and only exists because PAY TO PLAY.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
7 billion!! Reminds me a tall tale of shovel ready jobs!! And yet they still bow down to there God Obama?!?!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
7 billion!! Reminds me a tall tale of shovel ready jobs!! And yet they still bow down to there God Obama?!?!

The shovels ended up being used to dig financial graves.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Same kind of spending that was pissed away for the shovel ready projects Obama thought was so funny.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Same kind of spending that was pissed away for the shovel ready projects Obama thought was so funny.

Funny. I listened to a couple Right Wing talking heads say the same thing earlier.

Isn't it funny how you guys seem to talk the same, spit the same lines?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In November the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) released its Program for International Student Assessment scores, measuring educational achievement in 65 countries. The results are depressingly familiar: While students in many developed nations have been learning more and more over time, American 15-year-olds are stuck in the middle of the pack in many fundamental areas, including reading and math. Yet the United States is near the top in education spending.

Money does not reflect intelligence. Cmon man, this is the number 1 argument against Trump.

At least try to be consistent.

sauce

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
funny that spitting the same things eh ..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sorry right ring does not apply. Just the truth.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Clips of Obama claiming that big things are being done, when nothing was going on, other than $$$$ getting pissed away. But it all funny, right?

edit on 26-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Devos will be good for one job. To shut it down. slashing education money is very difficult, muh children.
Idiots actually think if you simply add money students get smarter.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wasted money by Washington, D.C.? That's a shocker.

I smelled 'Promise Neighborhoods' and sure enough:

www.ed.gov...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh i see, but you do? With all your intellect, why dont you have the job? Golly i should listen to your opinion right?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Wasted money by Washington, D.C.? That's a shocker.

I smelled 'Promise Neighborhoods' and sure enough:

www.ed.gov...

I bet the local Cadillac dealers love it.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: seasonal

Funny. I listened to a couple Right Wing talking heads say the same thing earlier.

Isn't it funny how you guys seem to talk the same, spit the same lines?

If two people make the same argument, must be null and void. Is that what I'm getting?

I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make.
edit on 26-2-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Researchers have been discovering that DeVoss' strategy, which is charter schools, actually lowers students' test scores. This is even worse than Obama's strategy, which allegedly had students' test scores remain neutral. Various studies found that charter schools reduced students' proficiency in math while proficiency in reading remained about the same or decreased as well, depending on the study.

New York Times

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Oh bs got something besides nyt?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Researchers have discovered that parental involvement and culture of the student determines most of variance of test scores.

Asians do better no matter what school they are at.

Test scores will continue to falter as the white population of school aged children decrease, hispanics don't score as well. White scores match their european counterparts.

I can't fix the cultural issues or the single motherhood issue

The only difference devos will make is to make education cheaper for the taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yawn, it all sounds very peripheral to me, may as well be talking about a toaster that will work...properly, Oh! and that it can build a big wall as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry buddy, if your stating facts and telling the truth, it only comes out one way, the left are the spinners of tales!a reply to: introvert

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join