It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeVos slams billions in Obama school spending

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nothing she has done in regard to education has ever been successful.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: darkbake

Test scores will continue to falter as the white population of school aged children decrease, hispanics don't score as well. White scores match their european counterparts.

I'm in a Hispanic area. Many of them think it is wrong for them to interfere with the teacher.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Nothing she has done in regard to education has ever been successful.

I beg to differ.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Wow ... she completely analyzed everything that 7 billion dollars bought and 8 years of policy achieved in ... what ... about a week?

And she started out not even knowing where the pencils were.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

government report allegedly.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

government report allegedly.

I thought you didn't trust government reports ... now they're suddenly capable of genius levels of insight?

And wouldn't these reports have been compiled by the previous Administration???

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: introvert

Sorry right ring does not apply. Just the truth.

Right ring?

The truth is you all talk the same.

Clips of Obama claiming that big things are being done, when nothing was going on, other than $$$$ getting pissed away. But it all funny, right?

I do not necessarily disagree. I'm just highlighting that you and at least one other quickly picked-up the propaganda talking points.

edit on 26-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: WUNK22
7 billion!! Reminds me a tall tale of shovel ready jobs!! And yet they still bow down to there God Obama?!?!

Same kind of spending that was pissed away for the shovel ready projects Obama thought was so funny.

Funny. I listened to a couple Right Wing talking heads say the same thing earlier.

Isn't it funny how you guys seem to talk the same, spit the same lines?

If two people make the same argument, must be null and void. Is that what I'm getting?

I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make.

I doubt you "get it".

The narrative was created earlier in the day and now certain people are following-suit.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I was being call someone on the right, something I am not.

So I dismissed the label by replying, sorry right thing does not apply. I am not on the right, centerish.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I was being call someone on the right, something I am not.

So I dismissed the label by replying, sorry right thing does not apply. I am not on the right, centerish.

So the question remains, why do you talk just like them...including the propaganda talking heads?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

"them"

I don't belong to any club, like comserv or lib-repub or dem. They all are about control.

I liked Sanders and Trump and was hoping to see that in the election.

I think what Devos is saying is true, Obama did piss money away. And the shovel ready stuff was another example of piss poor leadership.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: darkbake

Test scores will continue to falter as the white population of school aged children decrease, hispanics don't score as well. White scores match their european counterparts.

I'm in a Hispanic area. Many of them think it is wrong for them to interfere with the teacher.

what does that mean?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

"them"

I don't belong to any club, like comserv or lib-repub or dem. They all are about control.

So why do you regurgitate the same language...the same talking points?

I liked Sanders and Trump and was hoping to see that in the election.

Don't really care. I'm talking about what you have said that mimics the MSM.

I think what Devos is saying is true, Obama did piss money away. And the shovel ready stuff was another example of piss poor leadership.

It's true because you heard it from someone that serves you confirmation bias and you choose to mimic it?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Sometimes there is agreement amongst the rational.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The only difference devos will make is to make education cheaper for the taxpayer.

I hope you're not under the delusion that your taxes will go down. Because that would be an unwise leap to make.
While schools receive most of their funding at the local level, whatever federal funding they're receiving will just get re-routed to making more bombs.

And tell me, does taking money away from schools make children smarter?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So you're attacking the narrative while doing nothing to dispute the argument.

I think I got it.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

So you're attacking the narrative while doing nothing to dispute the argument.

I think I got it.

Thread drift. It derails lots of otherwise great threads

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

So which of these is not appropriate...

* paying for a teacher education and support program to help states recruit and keepbetter teachers? ($5 billion) - A one-time cost of 2 weekends for Trump - who seems set to do this each weekend for the next 4 years -at Mar-a-Lago.

* $350 million for grants for states and school districts to request (that's the cost of 4 months of Melania and Barron living in New York. They said they'd move to Washington at the end of the school term)

* provide two years of free community college for responsible students through ($60.3 billion investment amortized over 10 years) - (about 5 weeks of Trump going to Florida every weekend each year for 8 years.)

* $29.7 billion investment in Pell Grants (look them up) - Three months of Trump at Mar-A-Lago (out of 208 weekends if Trump is just a one-term president)

* increase the number of free Job training programs from the Labor Department - $200 million - That's only 3 months of Melania in New York.

* $200 million for programs to keep kids in school who come from poor families (such as those in rural Tennessee) with no education opportunities - the budget is a bit more than what it costs New York City to guard Trump Towers for a year.

* $300 million to promote and train teachers (who train other teachers) about new teaching methods (and I can say that as a former teacher, yes, we used the information we got at these seminars and coaching was valuable.) - or the cost of three trips abroad (we foot these bills, folks) for Eric Trump

You might want to spend the money on the Trump family. I dunno. I'd rather see our tax money going to teacher training instead of paying Eric Trump's hotel bills. Or Trump's weekend jaunts... etc.

References

Obama's 2016 education budget

What Trump's trips to Florida cost

Cost of police protection for Trump Towers

You and I paid for Eric Trump to stay at lavish hotels in Uraguay
edit on 27-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: jellyrev

The only difference devos will make is to make education cheaper for the taxpayer.

I hope you're not under the delusion that your taxes will go down. Because that would be an unwise leap to make.
While schools receive most of their funding at the local level, whatever federal funding they're receiving will just get re-routed to making more bombs.

And tell me, does taking money away from schools make children smarter?

Well, has the US become close to #1 in education for all the money it spends?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Michigan. Enuff said.
She has ZERO experience. And she wants Creationism taught in public schools.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join