It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the terrorist behind the next women’s march

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good grief lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Hyde Amendment, 1977, etc. precludes Federal funds from being used for abortion.

I don't agree with that, but that is "the law" in the US.
Well then it won't hurt to enforce the law by pulling funding from PP will it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes it gives Congress the power to do those things. Building roads yes you are correct that Congress has that power

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes...So those Millions of women marching around the country recently must all be terrorists..

Lets round up women...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes it gives Congress the power to do those things. Building roads yes you are correct that Congress has that power. Notice there is nothing in there about funding an
Organization such as Planned Parenthood. Nobody is going to
Argue that roads are not essential. Hey didn't a bridge just collapse in
California?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

the federal gov is not providing funds for abortion,
and... it seems like the federal gov't provides ALOT of funds for SOME people's healthcare..
and to be honest, looking back on the debate about the mandate that insurance policies cover birth control, I have to say that at least some on ATS seem to have a problem if their insurance premiums include coverage for it for those in that particular insurance pool who wish to use it. so the "I don't see why I have to pay for someone's birth control" extends far wider than just the taxmoney that is used on it..

it's not the job of the State to provide abortions or contraceptives to all the women of the world.

a more correct statement would be that there really isn't any constitutional obligation of the federal gov't to provide healthcare to it's citizens, nor is there to provide aid to countries halfway around the world. But regardless of weather we agree with it or not, it's been the policy of the gov't to do this for a very long time and then explain to me why you feel birth control should be singled out as not being healthcare.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes it gives Congress the power to do those things. Building roads yes you are correct that Congress has that power. Notice there is nothing in there about funding an
California?

So, there's more to it than defense and commerce.

That's the point I was making.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Good grief lol.

Indeed.

Sometimes, honestly, I wonder.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

the funding that planned parenthood gets is from medicaid, FOR COVERED SERVICES RENDERED.. of which elective abortion is not one. a smaller amount comes from title x... neither of these programs were created exclusively for planned parenthood and there are many doctors and clinics receiving reimbursements for COVERED services they are rendering also. and there's a good possibility that these same doctors and clinics are also providing services that are not covered.
if the money is spongeable is justification to pull the funding from planned parenthood, then it should be justification for every provider that is providing some services that aren't covered, or at least those that are also providing elective abortions....
the part about the international funding includes not referring, recommending or discussing abortion also..
good luck finding any ob/gyn in this country who wouldn't consider at least discussing abortion if the right situation presented itself, along with the many who would do it. heck who know but you might restrict the medicaid recipients to just those doctors and clinics that affiliate with the catholic church or some other organization, who by the way, are willing to risk your life before they would even suggest an abortion as an option, regardless of the circumstances!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the federal gov is not providing funds for abortion,
and... it seems like the federal gov't provides ALOT of funds for SOME people's healthcare..
and to be honest, looking back on the debate about the mandate that insurance policies cover birth control, I have to say that at least some on ATS seem to have a problem if their insurance premiums include coverage for it for those in that particular insurance pool who wish to use it. so the "I don't see why I have to pay for someone's birth control" extends far wider than just the taxmoney that is used on it..

it's not the job of the State to provide abortions or contraceptives to all the women of the world.

a more correct statement would be that there really isn't any constitutional obligation of the federal gov't to provide healthcare to it's citizens, nor is there to provide aid to countries halfway around the world. But regardless of weather we agree with it or not, it's been the policy of the gov't to do this for a very long time and then explain to me why you feel birth control should be singled out as not being healthcare.

Well it is a bit indirect when giving funds to PP simply because PP has other services but what else besides contraception? Family planning is what else besides that? No there's absolutely
No reason the Federal government should find it necessary to fund an NGO like that. Then these funding for the UN and that is also imdirect but there is also the same family planning type programs as well as vaccination which may include sterilants. Yes you are right it was more correct to
Say there's no obligation to fund abortions or any healthcare program. They used the commerce clause to justify it and Justice Roberts justified it as a tax.
edit on 28-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

California?

So, there's more to it than defense and commerce.

That's the point I was making.
yes I understand but this was the point I was trying to make

National defense is the only mandatory function of the national government. Most of the powers granted to Congress are permissive in nature. Congress is given certain authorities but not required by the Constitution to exercise them. For example, Article One, Section Eight gives Congress power to pass a bankruptcy code, but Congress actually did not enact bankruptcy laws until well into the 19th century.
www.heritage.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

??? justice roberts was sworn in in 2005....
just how long has medicaid been in existence??

anemia testing
cholesterol screening
employment and sports physicals
flu vaccination
high blood pressure screening
physical exams
pregnancy planning services
tetanus vaccination
thyroid screening
Blood work (executive panel, lipid panel, fasting blood sugar, etc) treatment for colds and flu viruses, Gardasil vaccination, yeast infection treatment, urinary tract infection treatment, other vaccinations, others services available upon request.

HIV testing
HIV test education
HIV referrals

noke Health Center offers the following services:

checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
jock itch – exam and treatment
routine physicals for men age 13 and older
testicular and prostate cancer screening
urinary tract infections – testing and treatment

pregnancy testing
abortion services
abortion referrals
adoption referrals
fertility awareness education
trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant
trained staff to talk with you about early pregnancy loss (miscarriage)

STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:

bacterial vaginosis (BV)
chlamydia
genital warts
gonorrhea
herpes
HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
syphilis
trichomoniasis (trich)
Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.

STD prevention, including:

condoms
HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
hepatitis B vaccine

STD/safer sex education

breast exams
cervical cancer screening
colposcopy
fibroids evaluation
mammogram referrals
menopause and midlife – testing and treatment
Pap test
routine physicals for women age 13 and older
vaginal infections – testing and treatment
Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

seems to be providing a little more than just abortion...

oh, and I've looked into our local county health clinic, they do std testing one day a week, first come first serve basis....

but, I think it's kind of ironic that when I say that women should just be saying no to the sex unless they are hoping to conceive a baby, it's the only birth control that is 100% effective, that having kids too close together too often reduces a women's life expectancy...regardless of their marital status!!
I am led down this nice rabbit hole.

women have been told for far too long to keep our legs crossed by men... it's time for us women to start telling men to keep their zippers zipped...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

??? justice roberts was sworn in in 2005....
just how long has medicaid been in existence??

anemia testing
cholesterol screening
employment and sports physicals
flu vaccination
high blood pressure screening
physical exams
tetanus vaccination
thyroid screening
Blood work (executive panel, lipid panel, fasting blood sugar, etc) treatment for colds and flu viruses, Gardasil vaccination, yeast infection treatment, urinary tract infection treatment, other vaccinations, others services available upon request.

HIV testing
HIV test education
HIV referrals

noke Health Center offers the following services:

jock itch – exam and treatment
routine physicals for men age 13 and older
testicular and prostate cancer screening

pregnancy testing
abortion services
abortion referrals
adoption referrals
fertility awareness education
trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant
trained staff to talk with you about early pregnancy loss (miscarriage)

STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:

bacterial vaginosis (BV)
chlamydia
genital warts
gonorrhea
herpes
HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
syphilis
trichomoniasis (trich)
Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.

STD prevention, including:

condoms
HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
hepatitis B vaccine

STD/safer sex education

breast exams
cervical cancer screening
colposcopy
fibroids evaluation
mammogram referrals
menopause and midlife – testing and treatment
Pap test
routine physicals for women age 13 and older
vaginal infections – testing and treatment
Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

seems to be providing a little more than just abortion...

oh, and I've looked into our local county health clinic, they do std testing one day a week, first come first serve basis....

but, I think it's kind of ironic that when I say that women should just be saying no to the sex unless they are hoping to conceive a baby, it's the only birth control that is 100% effective, that having kids too close together too often reduces a women's life expectancy...regardless of their marital status!!
I am led down this nice rabbit hole.

women have been told for far too long to keep our legs crossed by men... it's time for us women to start telling men to keep their zippers zipped...
Mmmhmmm all of that wall of text and yet none of that is mandatory Or necessary for government to provide for.
Actually if that is what women are marching for, the government does not owe it to them.
edit on 28-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

but you have to admit, there seems to be much more there than just family planning!

and yet, many of the people who might be saved by that cancer screening or some other healthcare IS PAYING the doctor's bill so some mother somewhere can rest easy tonight knowing that the runny nose their kids has isn't gonna kill them...
heck, maybe it is even that mother who is running their kid to the doctor for the runny nose..
which do you think the kid would prefer, treatment for an irratating runny nose, or a mom living through their childhood?

WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER TO DO IS TO PICK AND CHOSE WHO SHOULD BE HELPED AND WHO SHOULDN'T BE AMONG THE MASS THAT NEEDS THE HELP!

edit on 28-2-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

but you have to admit, there seems to be much more there than just family planning!

and yet, many of the people who might be saved by that cancer screening or some other healthcare IS PAYING the doctor's bill so some mother somewhere can rest easy tonight knowing that the runny nose their kids has isn't gonna kill them...
heck, maybe it is even that mother who is running their kid to the doctor for the runny nose..
which do you think the kid would prefer, treatment for an irratating runny nose, or a mom living through their childhood?

WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER TO DO IS TO PICK AND CHOSE WHO SHOULD BE HELPED AND WHO SHOULDN'T BE AMONG THE MASS THAT NEEDS THE HELP!

The government had NO obligation for any of that. That is what you have lost sight of.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The point you were making is that there are only two things the national government does under the authority of the Constitution.

That claim is mistaken, no matter who says it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Hyde Amendment, 1977, etc. precludes Federal funds from being used for abortion.

We're talking about the women's march. Are you saying that those marching were excluding abortion rights and protection for planned parenthood from their arguments/demands? The subject of abortion and women's health is often conflated in these arguments, regardless of what the Hyde Amendment says.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Rand Paul just made a very eloquent statement on CNN..... he said the Hawks want more defense spending and the liberals want more welfare spending so they end up with compromise spending budget and the taxpayers get stuck with trillion dollar spending.
As I said defense is the only mandatory thing. Everything else is optional. Paul also said we don't need any more wars.
I agree with him

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

We're talking about the women's march. Are you saying that those marching were excluding abortion rights and protection for planned parenthood from their arguments/demands? The subject of abortion and women's health is often conflated in these arguments, regardless of what the Hyde Amendment says.

You were talking about whether the Federal government should spend money on abortions.

Maintaining the right to an abortion is not the same as asking the government to pay for it.

Abortions and women's health are not conflated, one is a specific case of the latter. Sometimes, it may be necessary for a woman to have an abortion, perhaps to save her life. Not always, but sometimes. Even if it is a matter of choice, it is still within the matter of that woman's individual health to insure that facilities are available that are clean and safe, as well as medical personnel with proper experience.

Like it or not, abortions and women's health are intricately related to each other.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You were talking about whether the Federal government should spend money on abortions.

Maintaining the right to an abortion is not the same as asking the government to pay for it.

Abortions and women's health are not conflated, one is a specific case of the latter. Sometimes, it may be necessary for a woman to have an abortion, perhaps to save her life. Not always, but sometimes. Even if it is a matter of choice, it is still within the matter of that woman's individual health to insure that facilities are available that are clean and safe, as well as medical personnel with proper experience.

Like it or not, abortions and women's health are intricately related to each other.

The womens march made specific reference to planned parenthood, not only abortion law. Trump position has been that he supports the work of PP, except their abortion practice. That is what he has drawn criticism for, played out in speeches during the womens march.
No, abortions and womens health are not intricately linked. Linked on occasions? yes. Intricately linked as a general rule? No.
edit on 28/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join