It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: queenofswords

Cable news networks NBC, ABC and Fox News were permitted to attend, as were Breitbart and the Washington Times.

www.rawstory.com...

So all six corporations who control the media were still represented.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Although I doubt they could pull it off, what I think the MSM should do is start an all-out boycott of Trump. Stop covering the WH 100%. Instead, go to heads of the various Departments for 'news'. Scrub Trump's name from the news completely. Keep him off TV. It would drive him frigging crazy. He'd melt-down in 2 days.

edit on 24-2-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If Trump wants to exclude the media the media should exclude Trump. I give him an hour before he jumps on Twitter and starts crying about CNN not covering him.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is the scariest thing he's done yet. His ego, insecurity, and love for doting in compliments will be his ruin.
He's a spoiled little dictator. If you haven't been fearful of him until now, NOW is the time.

Somebody needs to remind him which country he lives in. What is it? The home of the free?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Why is this scary?

Can someone explain it to me without a godwin please...

Nobody is shut down from reporting... nobody is arrested... nobody is being assaulted... they just didnt invite a few people to a small gathering in a smaller room than the normal press briefings?

What was done that should have me locking and loading and running for the bunker?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Why is this scary?

Nobody is shut down from reporting... nobody is arrested... nobody is being assaulted... they just didnt invite a few people to a small gathering in a smaller room than the normal press briefings?

What was done that should have me locking and loading and running for the bunker?

If you have to ask that question, it's senseless for me to explain.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
CNN should be punished for handing debate questions to Hillary Clinton.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Although I doubt they could pull it off, what I think the MSM should do is start an all-out boycott of Trump. Stop covering the WH 100%. Instead, go to heads of the various Departments for 'news'. Scrub Trump's name from the news completely. Keep him off TV. It would drive him frigging crazy. He'd melt-down in 2 days.

That's dumb.

Others would simply report instead. We'd still get our news, just more accurately.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Right...and it's not because you've got absolutely no clue why you should be upset over this

Can't fool us no longer

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Why is this scary?

If you have to ask that question, it's senseless for me to explain.

Not a single blessed thing has changed other than a short briefing was held and a few groups were not invited due to space issues... as deny arrogance showed not a single controlling agency in MSM was excluded...

I honestly do not see a problem with this... If the NSA and the FBI swooped in and shut them down, then yes that is a problem and the people should be angry.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: amazing

You obviously haven't stayed abreast of what Breitbart is doing in the last few years.

Always always check a story no matter who it comes from. A second report is always wise.

Here are a few actual Breitbart headlines. Google them if you don't believe me.

Lesbian bridezillas bully bridal shop owner over religious beliefs

Teenage boys with tits: Here’s my problem with Ghostbusters

Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage

There’s no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews

Pamela Geller’s Muhammad cartoon contest is no different from Selma

Sympathy for the devils: The plot against Roger Ailes

Gabby Giffords: The gun control movement’s human shield

Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy

Roger Stone: Clinton aide Huma Abedin ‘most likely a Saudi spy’

The solution to online ‘harassment’ is simple: Women should log off

Are you sure you didn't get those from the National Enquirer, Amazing?

LOL. Goodness. I have to start reading more Breitbart ... looks like they're a hoot!

lol I know. Who needs the National Enquirer!

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If Trump wants to exclude the media the media should exclude Trump. I give him an hour before he jumps on Twitter and starts crying about CNN not covering him.

I'm not so sure this is an improvement. Are we really asking the media to punish a politician, by not covering them?

This whole fake news BS is about creating the perception that the media is unreliable so that even when they cover something it won't be believed. Ignoring Trump is literally giving him exactly what he wants... the removal of public accountability.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You are so the problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Trump has literally called it "fake news" on multiple occasions.

link   
UNPRECEDENTED!

(not really)

"...a daily rotating pool is set up at the White House for organizations that cover the president. They are allowed special access to certain events with the understanding that the information and footage will then be shared with the rest of the White House press corps."
en.m.wikipedia.org...

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I would say the same thing.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

originally posted by: LSU0408
That's different than a negative story.

No it most certainly isn't! If I write a news story about Trumps tanking poll numbers, it's a negative news story, plain and simple.

Just because the story is about his poll numbers doesn't disqualify it as being a "negative story."

Trump's position is; Any story that depicts him, or his standing in the polls, as anything other than the best the world has ever seen, is fake news.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Right...and it's not because you've got absolutely no clue why you should be upset over this

Can't fool us no longer

I've really had it with your insults. I am anything but clueless. I piss you off in another thread, and here you are again, with apparently nothing better to do? Get over yourself.

I live in the U.S. and People don't shut us out of the government property we fund and pay for. The salaries we pay these people through our own tax dollars. Silencing the media here is one of the worse things you can do. Trump is SCARED of CNN and The New York Times.

That's why we need them, but he can't handle it.

Right now it seems to be about their discussion concerning the WH asking the FBI to drop the story about the Russian Connection, and the FBI refusing to do it. He doesn't want people talking about that, if that's the actual story on the story.

He's Richard Nixon all over again.
edit on 2/24/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I don't see a problem with this. Freedom of the Press is not an automatic invitation to any event or conference. What this originally meant was a simple freedom that government cannot encroach upon: The ability(freedom) to use a printing press without restriction. It is a privledge to be invited to press conferences. Any one person or entity that considers themself a journalist is not bestowed with auotmatic access to these things. If that were true the WH Press Room would be swarmed with bloggers and amateur/freelance journalists along with every media corporation.

Also, let's be realistic. Why should those news agencies receive an invitation? Thier articles are far from impartial. What will they do with the information they receive? Write more impartial articles in all likelihood. Denying them access to a press conference does not deprive them of information. After all they can read up on the matter from the agencies that were invited!

By the way...what ever happened to the basics of journalism? Who, What, When, Where, Why, How. I read too many articles that are nothing more than dressed up opinion pieces.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not a single blessed thing has changed other than a short briefing was held and a few groups were not invited due to space issues... as deny arrogance showed not a single controlling agency in MSM was excluded...

I honestly do not see a problem with this... If the NSA and the FBI swooped in and shut them down, then yes that is a problem and the people should be angry.

AND this is what you believe. Duly noted. For the second time.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Here, let me show you what fake news looks like;

Breaking News!!!

"Recent study shows that 1 in 3 Trump supporters is just as stupid as the other two."

While it may indeed be truthful, it's also fake.

See how easy that is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join