It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The White House blocked a number of news outlets from covering spokesman Sean Spicer's question-and-answer session on Friday afternoon.
Spicer decided to hold an off-camera "gaggle" with reporters inside his West Wing office instead of the traditional on-camera briefing in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.
Among the outlets not permitted to cover the gaggle were news organizations that President Trump has singled out for criticism, including CNN.
The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News were among the other news organizations not permitted to attend.

Full Article for Above

Is anyone seeing a problem with this yet?

In another thread, I had stated that Trump's "FAKE NEWS" tweets was a precursor to locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him effectively getting away with anything he wants...

Gee....who saw that coming?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its all good, the more he acts out, the lower number of people will defend him in the long run.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Hasn't it always been invite only? The news here is that the WH stopped inviting the ones colluding with the deep state. Don't think it means much. They will still aggressively report on him. The problem is when the WH is in on the collusion, that's when they can do what they want.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him

How about locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that will report exactly what was said?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So much for Freedom of the Press

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

When news organizations are intentionally sabotaging this administration by skewing news, I really don't have a problem with the press secy. calling a "gaggle", because those that were included are allowed to share the briefing information with them. Nothing is being withheld from them.

There are 4000 credentialed journalists, if I remember correctly, and only enough room for a dozen or two in the press room. So, suck it up and deal with the fact that just because you have a big name with big money and politicians leaking info to you, doesn't mean you have to be included every time.

I read President Trump's tweets. He called the media out for reporting factually incorrect or non-corroborative sources. Was that a tirade...No, it was NOT a tirade. A tirade is what you see on CNN every night as they attempt to rip President Trump apart. Yet, they report that it was a tirade.

If Pres. Trump ever locks out the media altogether, then we have a problem. But, that is not who he is. He said today that it is not the media that is American's enemy, it is the fake news media that is.

Fake News is when you take a fact and skew it into a twisted pretzel till it no longer has the same meaning.

edit on 24-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It was not a formal Press Briefing, instead referred to as a "gaggle". I do not condone the act by the administration anymore than I condoned the same exclusion attempt by the Obama administration back when he was in office. The Pool reporters were present so no one would have gone without the story. Instead they now have an even better story.

This is getting pretty silly. There have been stories that have been exaggerated and some out right false stories reported. There are some actions by members of the administration that need to be investigated. So investigate, and retract and lets move on to running the country

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

When news organizations are intentionally sabotaging this administration by skewing news, I really don't have a problem with the press secy. calling a "gaggle", because those that were included are allowed to share the briefing information with them. Nothing is being withheld from them.

There are 4000 credentialed journalists, if I remember correctly, and only enough room for a dozen or two in the press room. So, suck it up and deal with the fact that just because you have a big name with big money and politicians leaking info to you, doesn't mean you have to be included every time.

I read President Trump's tweets. He called the media out for reporting factually incorrect or non-corroborative sources. Was that a tirade...No, it was NOT a tirade. A tirade is what you see on CNN every night as they attempt to rip President Trump apart. Yet, they report that it was a tirade.

If Pres. Trump ever locks out the media altogether, then we have a problem. But, that is not who he is. He said today that it is not the media that is American's enemy, it is the fake news media that is.

Fake News is when you take a fact and skew it into a twisted pretzel till it no longer has the same meaning.

Poor thing, so after 8 years of fox news reporting lies now your going to play the victim, poor poor trump.
edit on 24-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Except that he invited Breitbart, right? You don't get more fake news than that. So why only invite some fake news and not others? That's the real question right? Perhaps, it appears he only wanted to invite right/conservative fake news? That doesn't make their news any less fake though.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good for the White House. If I were Pres, I wouldn't allow very fake news to my briefings either.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would rather the media report what Trump said and they can stuff their editorializing. I am not looking for some a-hole at CNN to tell me what to think about what was said.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I hadn't heard that Breitbart was invited. Can you post a link showing that?

I'm not opposed to it. As a matter of fact, Breitbart has some of the best investigative journalists out there these days, imo. I have been advocating for their inclusion in the press briefings, even if only one of the Skype spots.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Cable news networks NBC, ABC and Fox News were permitted to attend, as were Breitbart and the Washington Times.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that agree with him

How about locking out journalism so that he can talk only with people that will report exactly what was said?

Reporting what was said doesn't matter. I heard on Sean Hannitys show just a few minutes ago "It doesn't have to be false to be fake news". Combined with the 5 minute rant on Monday which was a long articulated defense of Infowars and why they're the last bastion of a free press left in the US. I've decided that all right wing news has gone completely and totally off the rails.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I hadn't heard that Breitbart was invited. Can you post a link showing that?

I'm not opposed to it. As a matter of fact, Breitbart has some of the best investigative journalists out there these days, imo. I have been advocating for their inclusion in the press briefings, even if only one of the Skype spots.

They were definitely in. But again, they're one of the most fake news organizations out there. Do some research. Terrible organization. pure propaganda.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not enough room for everyone.

FBN's Blake Burman said he was also not invited (due to space constraints in Spicer's office) and that the attendees included the per-day assigned "pool" reporters plus a few invitees.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
there must of been a hell of a post on the other thread it just vapourised never seen anything like it no 404 error nothing

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: queenofswords

Cable news networks NBC, ABC and Fox News were permitted to attend, as were Breitbart and the Washington Times.

www.rawstory.com...

Thank you.

Hot diggety damn!! Breitbart is permitted to attend. After years of putting out good corroborated material, they are finally getting recognized!!

Stay true, Breitbart. As a side note: RIP, Andrew. You are not forgotten.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Does not concern me one bit, it has happened before , It will happen again... it is a non-story that CNN will ride for all they are worth.

I miss the days when CNN actually reported the news... or when I found out about a deployment because of CNN...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join