It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House hand-picks select media outlets for briefing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The media is part of the programming. As this video says, the media is not for information, it is for indoctrination.

I guess the problem here for many, is who is the one holding the remote.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... BREATHE..... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Good! Until these (and let's call them what they truly are) propaganda outlets begin to learn what it's like to be real journalists then they can stay out!

When you understand what they've been doing, then you understand why they are completely evil. They have been a mouthpiece for globalist elites. These "media" outlets have for too long been able to promote the globalist elites "NARRATIVE".

The "NARRATIVE" is a reality sculpting control mechanism designed to maintain the status quo, keep people under control, and bend reality to suit the whims of a select few humans who have the most power/monies.

Once you realize what this word actually means, then you can understand why those in power are fighting so hard to keep the "NARRATIVE" the way they want it.

But our three dimensional reality is much more complex than that, and we have the ability to reshape our reality just as much as "they" do. And "they" are afraid.

Create your own reality. Don't let "them" tell you what it should be, how you should act, how you should dress, what kind of music you like.... etc.

Stop letting these corporations sculpt your reality.
edit on 24-2-2017 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

link   
I don't have a problem with it. I've tried to listen to the briefings on a daily basis, and there are 2 things that have jumped out to me over the past few weeks. One being that the same exact questions are being asked over and over, even though they have been answered over and over. And the second being the absolute rudeness of some of these "journalists". They yell out things over the reporter who has been called on. It seems to me that they are just trying to cause chaos, and get to say that "Sean Spicer refused to answer the question."

As far as I'm concerned, the White House has no obligation to cater to these infants.

link   
Today is another of those days when I'm starting to believe in parallel realities.

We'll see if the trend continues. I think the Trump Administration has gotten the message that this kind of censorship is not going to be tolerated by the American people.

If not, we need to do more to communicate that to them.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its all good, the more he acts out, the lower number of people will defend him in the long run.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You obviously haven't stayed abreast of what Breitbart is doing in the last few years.

Always always check a story no matter who it comes from. A second report is always wise.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It was not censorship.

There simply was not enough room in Spicer's small office for everybody who was not already assigned to the press pool today.

FBN's Blake Burman said he was also not invited (due to space constraints in Spicer's office) and that the attendees included the per-day assigned "pool" reporters plus a few invitees.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Today is another of those days when I'm starting to believe in parallel realities.

We'll see if the trend continues. I think the Trump Administration has gotten the message that this kind of censorship is not going to be tolerated by the American people.

If not, we need to do more to communicate that to them.

And just how far are you and your ilk ready to go?

I get it! It's awesome to be a bad ass sitting behind your keyboard on the interweb, but just how far are YOU willing to go?

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

When Andrew was in charge I feel it was a much more honest organization actually.

After his death things have gotten quite loose and tabloid like IMO.

Oh ya, you're welcome.

link   

I do not watch those media outlets - and for a very good reason. Calling them "news" is a really tall call. Those are lying propaganda machines for supporters of communism and promote totalitarian left policies. No thanks really.

So keeping that dung out of WH, is all fine by me. I rather have real journalists, with some real brains - and real critical thinking to offer partaking WH briefings.

That said, on-line alternative media has already few years been leading media source for majority of folks. So, I'd rather see those at the WH briefing. These are really bright minds.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You obviously haven't stayed abreast of what Breitbart is doing in the last few years.

Always always check a story no matter who it comes from. A second report is always wise.

Here are a few actual Breitbart headlines. Google them if you don't believe me.

Lesbian bridezillas bully bridal shop owner over religious beliefs

Teenage boys with tits: Here’s my problem with Ghostbusters

Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage

There’s no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews

Pamela Geller’s Muhammad cartoon contest is no different from Selma

Sympathy for the devils: The plot against Roger Ailes

Gabby Giffords: The gun control movement’s human shield

Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy

Roger Stone: Clinton aide Huma Abedin ‘most likely a Saudi spy’

The solution to online ‘harassment’ is simple: Women should log off

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Nowadays, that just par for the course.

Republicans dodging town hall meetings or canceling them altogether.

Some Republicans barring democratics from their town hall meetings.

Now, only favorable new outlets allowed in White House press briefings.

That being said, I'm not sure it's that big a loss. I've listened to Sean Spicer's briefings and when he's not flat out lying, he usually delivers up a word salad that would make Sarah Palin proud.

There for a while, with all the lies being told at daily press briefings, I was beginning to wonder why any reputable news outlet would waste their time covering them to begin with.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

My ilk?

Not the Political Mudpit, Seeker.

I'm not sure I have an "ilk." But I'll be glad to answer your question, personally:

First of all, aren't you sitting behind a keyboard?

Second, I will do it the way I always have, participating in discussions with other Americans, supporting those that are going to hold the President accountable for unconstitutional and un-American activities. I will contribute to those gorups that I see as "taking the fight to them" in supporting the Constitution, etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Those are great headlines. I don't see what the problem is.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its all good, the more he acts out, the lower number of people will defend him in the long run.

Lol, the only people who are thinking this way are liberals who aren't going to vote for him anyways.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: queenofswords

Here are a few actual Breitbart headlines. Google them if you don't believe me.

Lesbian bridezillas bully bridal shop owner over religious beliefs

Teenage boys with tits: Here’s my problem with Ghostbusters

Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage

There’s no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews

Pamela Geller’s Muhammad cartoon contest is no different from Selma

Sympathy for the devils: The plot against Roger Ailes

Gabby Giffords: The gun control movement’s human shield

Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy

Roger Stone: Clinton aide Huma Abedin ‘most likely a Saudi spy’

The solution to online ‘harassment’ is simple: Women should log off

Are you sure you didn't get those from the National Enquirer, Amazing?

LOL. Goodness. I have to start reading more Breitbart ... looks like they're a hoot!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Those are great headlines. I don't see what the problem is.

LOL

Yeah. That's some top notch journalism right there.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: seeker1963

My ilk?

Not the Political Mudpit, Seeker.

I'm not sure I have an "ilk." But I'll be glad to answer your question, personally:

First of all, aren't you sitting behind a keyboard?

Second, I will do it the way I always have, participating in discussions with other Americans, supporting those that are going to hold the President accountable for unconstitutional and un-American activities. I will contribute to those gorups that I see as "taking the fight to them" in supporting the Constitution, etc.

Yes! Your ilk!

I addressed your post. Obviously you disagreed with my response to yours. So you can rest assured I am glad I triggered the response I expected!

However, I will also let you know, I will not continue to bicker back and forth with you as to derail the topic of the thread!

Find someone else to buy what your selling.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

There for a while, with all the lies being told at daily press briefings, I was beginning to wonder why any reputable news outlet would waste their time covering them to begin with.

Mused bout this a while back. And not just CNN, but ABC, NBC, CBS.

Let it become ever more obvious that Fox News is the Official Trump Channel.

Breitbart OTC Online.

They will never do it, because of the bottom line ... but I'd love to see some solidarity against this crap.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join