It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers: Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You took Trump's quote completely out of context and lied about it.

You're fake news.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
You took Trump's quote completely out of context and lied about it.

You're fake news.

Nice try, but wrong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The Macedonian teenagers stated that it was easier to dupe conservatives. This is because Conservatives don't have the breadth of media outlets that they trust. The liberal base does, and thus doesn't seek outside narrative to confirm their worldview. They have all they need right there, holding the gaze of all their friends.

Actually, we do tend to seek other sources. I admit to using the same five in most cases (lazy) - but two (BBC and Al Jazeera) are non-American and so I get an external view of the news.

My point exactly.

You are going to a foreign version of the same new you watch here, and think you've wandered off the beaten path. BBC is state run British broadcasting, and Al Jazeera is state run out of Qatar. The gatekeepers of media within their culture.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Tone does not make a story fake. The entire point of what I wrote directly addresses that.

See: archive.is...

tone is emotion you set the tone and can make good things look bad.. it's a form of molding minds that I am familiar with from being around psy ops guys.. If you feel like Trump is bad you can make anything he does look bad. So you change people positions on issues using emotion..

This happens in every relationship and in every encounter you have ever had with another human. We each express our likes or contempt, and if there is a big enough group around it gets applied as peer pressure. The only way to get around this is to find as many different sources as possible or to be directly involved.

and look it's like people think russians are hiding behind every bush they're in the whitehouse and they are trying to take over Europe...

None of that is true..

You know this as a certainty how? Does disbelieving the news impart the truth by believing the opposite?

but if you watch CNN.. You'll get angry at me for not being afraid of the russian invasion.

Typically I get my news from Google's aggregator news.google.com... The nice thing about news syndication and aggregation services is you get to read sources from all over the place, some local and others foreign. It is a good way to break out of the mold of getting stuck in one viewpoint. I stopped watching CNN and Fox probably back in 2005 or 2006 when the service first came online.

edit on 20-2-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense
The media has been caught numerous times in lies to boost ratings,dog bites man does not sell news,truth be told media lies

(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The press is stating that some criticisms have "crossed the line".

They are determining what anyone can say about them.

Actually, your president is trying to determine what anyone can say about him - big difference. Having said that, none of the major corporations covered the big event in Sweden that nobody except Trump seems to be aware of - should he become the official news channel?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But...but obama! Liberals! SJWs!

It's really amazing to behold. After that "the media are traitors because they aren't nice to Trump" thread, the cult like behavior is all the more glaring.

Now even Fox is being turned on? All under the guise of "MSM is all fake!!1!2" when just a few months ago, Fox was the go-to source for "real" news as far as many on the right were concerned.

Heil Trump!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To the average American calling the media fake news is no big deal because we have known they are a bunch of liars and manipulators for a long time now. However the media themselves are of course taking this extremely personally and making a huge freaking deal about it because they don't want even more people to be truthful and realize the main stream media in general is horrible.
edit on 20-2-2017 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: carewemust

PUNISHMENT OF CNN MUST BE IMPLEMENTED. This will cause the others to start being PRO-AMERICAN news organizations once again.

Are there any other Constitutional rights you want Herr Trump to step on? The press is protected by the Constitution and after Trumps remarks CNN should put him, his family and his cabinet under a microscope.

I think the corrupt media should be put under a microscope. Why weren't you concerned about free press during the last 8 years of state run media?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The press can say whatever they want.

The ####ing press does NOT dictate what I or anyone else gets to call them.

Nobody cares what you (or I) call the press because there isn't s# you can do to erode freedom of the press. So rage on. Where we run into a problem is when the executive of our government, a person who is supposed to represent and work in the best interest of all Americans, decides that HE can DICTATE what is real and what is fake based on how it affects his ego.

In a broader sense, Trump's attack on the media is an attack on reality itself. He's got his followers so twisted up these days that when he spews bulls#, some of them wonder if the media is altering not only the audio but the video of his speeches — in real time — to make him appear "confused" and/or "crazy."

Because it's somehow easier for some people to believe that fantasy than to accept that dishonest Donald is a lying bulls#er. It's disgusting.
edit on 2017-2-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My opinion is that Donny is getting close to the edge. He seems panicked and overly concerned about his numbers which is why he set out to do a pep rally for himself. It is a little dangerous for him to do that now. His speeches are ad-libbed and at some point I can see him taking it to far where he violates his oath of office and if he does it will end him.

I don't want to see that happening. I don't like him, but I hope he can learn to govern for all our sakes so he needs to get his act together. All he has done so far is pop out some executive orders some which were pointless and at least one has been a total failure. There is more to his position than that and I hope he is up to the job or things are going to go south real quick.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's a tweet. Life must be pretty good in the Twitter bubble if a tweet is cause for outrage and indignation.

Trump trolled Wallace and other parrots, and you deserve it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If you are seriously trying to sell Fox News or any part of the Fox business, as part of the liberal media, you can take YOUR fake news, and try selling it on another corner.

Absolute garbage.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

The Macedonian teenagers stated that it was easier to dupe conservatives. This is because Conservatives don't have the breadth of media outlets that they trust. The liberal base does, and thus doesn't seek outside narrative to confirm their worldview. They have all they need right there, holding the gaze of all their friends.

Actually, we do tend to seek other sources. I admit to using the same five in most cases (lazy) - but two (BBC and Al Jazeera) are non-American and so I get an external view of the news.

My point exactly.

You are going to a foreign version of the same new you watch here, and think you've wandered off the beaten path. BBC is state run British broadcasting, and Al Jazeera is state run out of Qatar. The gatekeepers of media within their culture.

The BBC isn't state run, it has a charter and receives funding from the public via the broadcasting licence. I know how many people will say I'm wrong because they believe it to be state run, but it's not. The attached link provides some clarity on this.

www.quora.com...

If the BBC were in fact state run then the constant comments from some posters on here of it being leftist would be strange when our current government is much more right wing in its politics.

Sorry, I just find so many people saying that it is state run.................... and then say that's why they trust RT

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It's a tweet. Life must be pretty good in the Twitter bubble if a tweet is cause for outrage and indignation.

Trump trolled Wallace and other parrots, and you deserve it.

Having a president that embraces the twitterbitch modality is more than just a little embarrassing. imo

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Good OP. I think you nailed it on many points.

Unfortunately, it appears from many of the responses that we have no chance of waking these people out of their propaganda-induced trance. Anyone that dissents against what they perceive to be the truth will be considered an enemy, as Trump said.

Fox News is no exception. They have been a darling of the Right Wing for years. You would think that when Fox has reporters saying "something is wrong here", they may just listen. But that's not happening. Even Fox is now an enemy.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Only a fools trusts an organization. The people within the organization may (or may not) be trust worthy. But the organization itself cannot be.

I don't trust any news outlet. I read stories, then read transcripts. I don't need to read editorialized comments when I can read the transcript and make my own conclusion.

There isn't anything else to reporting anymore. Its all political gossip anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense
[snipped]

Trump can say the news is "BIASED" and he would be right. Trump can say news organizations manipulate and add weasel words to sabotage opponents and he would be correct. However saying the news is "FAKE" is a falsehood. The fundamentals of the stories are accurate as Trump himself has admitted. Reporters are entitled to write expose's based on investigations and add commentary so long as they substantiate the core truths of the story.

As Americans we each have an inalienable right to speculate on parts of a story that are unknown to us and we have a right to be concerned about stories that look bizarre exactly because we don't know the full story. Our right to speculate and investigate stories we feel are unexplored gets right to the heart of our very freedoms about how we learn and understand the world. Once a government official is given a platform to denounce media outlets where does it stop?

InfoWars is mostly "fake news", but I would be extremely alarmed if I saw anyone in government at any point trying to shut Alex Jones down. The second a government official can label a news source "fake news" is the second the government begins to explore silencing or shutting down websites like Above Top Secret.

Be careful what you wish for.

What a joke!
The potus is not allowed 1 ammendment rights to voice an opinion?
Thats ALL this is imo is Trumps opinion of the media. Is he denied that as the op disagrees?
BS
2017 with MANY forms of media, and you people flip out when SPONSORED media outlets are called out for having an agenda, instead of looking for those without an agenda.

Oh patdon me it is currently TRENDY to bash the potus. Carry on.
edit on Mon Feb 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 20/2/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join