It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace warns viewers: Trump crossed the line in latest attack on media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

He's a dumbf*ck, and a laughing stock. But this:

Bwahahaha!

What is so funny about that?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sometimes criminal gangs join together to implement action to achieve some goal. When it has been accomplished, they go back to duking it out with each other.

It looks like some reporters on Fox are lining up with their compadres at VFN, and others to scream at President Trump for saying mean things about them. The truth hurts, I guess.

We all see it except for the far left hacks that are so far off in left field, they can't see squat.

We need honest journalism and investigative reporting that gives us the facts without the spin and the hyperventilating style (CNN...I mean VFN). Between Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Chris Matthews, and Shepard Smith, one of them should get an academy award for Best Dramatic Performance on a newscast.

I wish there were more alternatives. I am gaining more and more respect for Breitbart as they perfect the art of real investigative reporting. They need a seat at the press briefings...a Skype one would suffice.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm not a big fan of McCain but he is spot on with this comment.

McCain ... I have no respect for him.

If I was Trump (The guy who is 'in charge' of the Republican Party) ... I would kick him out on his ass. Let him wear the (I) for the next four years (minimum).

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's the medias job to point out this kind of Trump lying. If he can't take the criticism when he #^*Ks up then he should gtfo.

www.businessinsider.com... ial&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
edit on 19-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace cautioned his colleagues and the network's viewers Sunday that President Trump's latest attack on the media had gone too far.

I watched in disgust in Obama signing into law, that allow our media and Press to lie.
I remember when many the Networks fired their investigated reporters, because the information must be controlled.

Thank you for the sincere reply.
I remember back in 2013 when I saw Foreign Policy do an editorial on the repeal of the anti-propaganda law. The justification was laughable.

This partially explains the push to allow BBG broadcasts on local radio stations in the United States. The agency wants to reach diaspora communities, such as St. Paul, Minnesota’s significant Somali expat community. "Those people can get al-Shabab, they can get Russia Today, but they couldn’t get access to their taxpayer-funded news sources like VOA Somalia," the source said. "It was silly."
foreignpolicy.com...

I still don't understand how people can look at politicians and think they are actually looking out for our interests.

A free press is our only hope at trying to sift through all the half truths.

edit on 19-2-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The press is stating that some criticisms have "crossed the line".

They are determining what anyone can say about them.

Yeah, they're stifling Freedom of the Prez...

And no, they are incapable of seeing the irony.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: odzeandennz

Who has said that Trump hasn't done anything wrong?

What hadn't trump said that wasnt gospel to his cult following?
Get rid of epa, great. Feds bad, yup, so called judge, truth. Oil drill in protected oceans, about time, nato bad, why not, news outlets are the enemy of the country, sure why not, a leak against someone in his cabinet, leaks bad. Putin a great guy, always was... Israel 2 state/one state, good, depending on what trump says the day of...
Process hillary, good... hillary suffered enough, good point...

Mentalists.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I remember a time (or so it seemed), that there was respect for the presidency, just because, it's the friggen president!
That was a long time ago now...
There seems to be zero respect these days...last few years....

Will there be a candidate ever, that will get the respect that should go with the job, or does too much need fixing...
edit on 19-2-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It's the medias job to point out this kind of Trump lying. If he can't take the criticism when he #^*Ks up then he should gtfo.

I'm curious. Just what has Trump lied about?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

I remember a time (or so it seemed), that there was respect for the presidency, just because, it's the friggen president!

Respect is earned. I even respected Bush though critical. Trump is a sad ugly little man that just craves attention. No respect from me.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Plenty....

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So true.
The people aren't getting good candidates. No good choices...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Plenty....

www.buzzfeed.com...

Not one provable lie.

Give me one on this level: Four men were killed in the Benghazi terror attack because of a video.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sometimes it's not about what the news report, but what it doesn't report. Media blackouts are fairly common.

The mainstream media is owned and controlled by globalists interests. That should say it all.

I would quote the New York Times "New World Order quote" but I don't know how genuine it is.

It pretty much says it all though. They are bought and paid for and therefore fake news.

It's a little bit like the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.. It doesn't really matter who wrote it or if it's a hoax, the substance of it is way more important, that as well as the fact that someone is clearly applying these techniques on the masses to manipulate them.

And do I need to mention the very fake CNN news during Operation Desert Storm? Yes, fake news indeed. They're all a bunch of scum f*ck shills.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Will there be a candidate ever, that will get the respect that should go with the job, or does too much need fixing...

I have plenty of respect for the office. However, I have zero respect for a guy who added an extra chair to the NSC so he could put Steve Bannon on it. And less than zero respect for a person who is legitimately trying to censor the press when they're critical of them.

I've never liked Trump, since long before he ran for President I've found him to be a disgusting human being who exemplifies the worst traits of businessmen. As President I've decided to give him a chance though. He's still early in his term, so things could change but so far I'm not impressed with his appointments, management ability, or demeanor.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Not one provable lie.

Give me one on this level: Four men were killed in the Benghazi terror attack because of a video.

Weapons of Mass destruction.. Look at the Aluminum Tubes!!

Oh wait wrong people.. Damn.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This is true-just a pretty talking head but Chris Wallace has now ruined his credibility for many of us.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Trump was speaking about the news in general, not the news about the leaks in particular. You're paraphrasing the reporter, not Trump.

QUESTION: I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?

TRUMP: Well the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do — and I hope we can correct it. Because there’s nobody I have more respect for — well, maybe a little bit but the reporters, good reporters.

It’s very important to me and especially in this position. It’s very important. I don’t mind bad stories. I can handle a bad story better than anybody as long as it’s true and, you know, over a course of time, I’ll make mistakes and you’ll write badly and I’m OK with that. But I’m not OK when it is fake. I mean, I watch CNN, it’s so much anger and hatred and just the hatred.

I don’t watch it any more because it’s very good — he’s saying no. It’s OK, Jim (ph). It’s OK, Jim (ph), you’ll have your chance. But I watch others too. You’re not the only one so don’t feel badly. But I think it should be straight. I think it should be — I think it would be frankly more interesting. I know how good everybody’s ratings are right now but I think that actually — I think that’d actually be better.

People — I mean, you have a lower approval rate than Congress. I think that’s right. I don’t know, Peter (ph), is that one right? Because you know I think they have lower — I heard lower than Congress. But honestly, the public would appreciate it, I’d appreciate it — again, I don’t mind bad stories when it’s true but we have an administration where the Democrats are making it very difficult.

QUESTION: And if I may follow up on that, just something that Jonathan Karl (ph) was asking you about. You said that the leaks are real, but the news is fake. I guess I don’t understand. It seems that there’s a disconnect there. If the information coming from those leaks is real, then how can the stories be fake?

TRUMP: The reporting is fake. Look, look…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: You know what it is? Here’s the thing. The public isn’t — you know, they read newspapers, they see television, they watch. They don’t know if it’s true or false because they’re not involved. I’m involved. I’ve been involved with this stuff all my life. But I’m involved. So I know when you’re telling the truth or when you’re not. I just see many, many untruthful things.

And I’ll tell you what else I see. I see tone. You know the word “tone.” The tone is such hatred. I’m really not a bad person, by the way. No, but the tone is such — I do get good ratings, you have to admit that — the tone is such hatred.

I watched this morning a couple of the networks. And I have to say, Fox & Friends in the morning, they’re very honorable people. They’re very — not because they’re good, because they hit me also when I do something wrong. But they have the most honest morning show. That’s all I can say. It’s the most honest.

But the tone, Jim. If you look — the hatred. The, I mean, sometimes — sometimes somebody gets…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Well, you look at your show that goes on at 10 o’clock in the evening. You just take a look at that show. That is a constant hit. The panel is almost always exclusive anti-Trump. The good news is he doesn’t have good ratings. But the panel is almost exclusive anti-Trump. And the hatred and venom coming from his mouth; the hatred coming from other people on your network.

Now, I will say this. I watch it. I see it. I’m amazed by it. And I just think you’d be a lot better off, I honestly do. The public gets it, you know. Look, when I go to rallies, they turn around, they start screaming at CNN. They want to throw their placards at CNN. You know.

I — I think you would do much better by being different. But you just take a look. Take a look at some of your shows in the morning and the evening. If a guest comes out and says something positive about me, it’s — it’s brutal.

Now, they’ll take this news conference — I’m actually having a very good time, OK? But they’ll take this news conference — don’t forget, that’s the way I won. Remember, I used to give you a news conference every time I made a speech, which was like every day. OK?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: schuyler

This is true-just a pretty talking head but Chris Wallace has now ruined his credibility for many of us.

And he just helped Fox get some credibility among mainstream voters for being "fair and balanced" instead of just a Trump cheerleader.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump was speaking about the news in general, not the news about the leaks in particular. You're paraphrasing the reporter, not Trump.

Thank you for sharing the transcript. However, no, I am paraphrasing Trump as you can see in the second video.

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense
Trump's recent comment paraphrased, "The news is fake, but the leaks are real" really shows how deep the schism is.

The leaks can't be real and the news fake at the same time. If the leaks are real and the reporters are accurately portraying the information they have been given, then by definition they are reporting truthful news stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join