It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Clear the Air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What do you believe? Why do you think it? Are you sick of being pigeon-holed? Tell everyone what you're all about here! Well, here I go.....

I believe in free market, laissez-faire capitalism. Not what we have now.

I'm a Christian. I think the world is more than six thousand years old and a good bit of evolution is right - but I believe in creationism. I can't stand Falwell and Robertson, and I think there should be a separation of church and state - to save the church from the state. I accept other religions and atheists. Their choice is their choice.

I believe in a completely closed border with an open immigration policy. I think America should not interfere with other nations activities and likewise. Let alone participate in wars of conquest. Or become entangled in UN's or Nato's.

I'm a libertarian (Badnarik voter) that's pro-fetus rights. I think that all non-coercive crimes should be decriminalized. All firearms should be legal. I'm very much about state's rights, even if they want to secede.

I believe in supernatural activities like ESP and ghosts, but they bore me so I don't discuss them. I think ET's exist, but there's no reptillian agenda.

I think that the largest threat to human kind is the very few members of the global elite and their New World Order.

In short: White, American, Libertarian, Christian, open minded.

Blah, there's probably more but I just wanted to put out some things I think. If anyone chooses to add to this....do just that, add! Don't criticize, there's plenty of places here to do that.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I pretty much agree with you Pete.

The main difference I guess is that I voted for Bush and remain active in the Republican party because I still think a vote for libertarian is a wasted vote and I sure as hell didn't want Kerry in office. Also, I agree with the war on terror including the actions in Iraq to spread democracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I believe in a free buffet at any participating restaurants.
I believe that one day, Arbys will deliver and I will be one of their first customers.
I believe that Mike Tyson is the greatest boxer, ever
I believe that George Bush's timeline is rapidly approaching 'zero'
I believe that America is the best country in the world.
I believe that Brazilian girls are the finest female specimens on earth.
I believe that enough Sea Monkeys can feed a village.
I believe that Megaman needs to go back to his heterosexual roots.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
white-but-don't-care, technically bisexual-who-thinks-homosexuality-of-any-sort-is-SIN, generally Republican, am disgusted with baby killers (w/ the pro choice, lol), 6000-8000 year old earth (using Septuagent, it's 7000 something years old....), believe in the easy to prove general theory of Evolution (NOT THE SPECIAL THEORY OF EVOLUTION) Creationist, experienced some of the paranormal-- but wish I haven't, gets along with anyone willing to get along with me, don't care about most things.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
technically bisexual-who-thinks-homosexuality-of-any-sort-is-SIN,

So you've taken the drivers test , but never put the wheels on the road?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
- White but ethnic

- Raging Heterosexual in favor of gay rights

- Centrist politically, but will support a side until all positions can get a candidate in a race

- Money luvin' Capitalist, but only when sensible priorities have been met

- Fiercely Nationalist, but as respectful to other nations longevity/accomplishments as a teenage apprentice.

- I believe that the greatest danger to the world is low expectation contentment: " Yeah, he's screwing the Unions, but my job is safe", " Yeah, the ocean polluting is on the rise, but my pond is clean", "Yeah, the food supply has been tainted via reduced Fed inspection, but my steak is choice", "Yeah, we are hated throughout the world, but my commute is safe", "Yeah, I don't have to finish school, but I'll have this job for as long as I like".

- Montheist, but understand that I'm too igsignificant to put terms on God, so until we get there & see for ourselves, everybody has got it right

- Paranormal experiences have me knowing the reality of it.

In short, I'm a Realist that has been "of" most every group I can encounter in life, so my perspective reflects that.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's good ideology pistolpete, because I AGREE with you

Free market socities show time and time again the successes and failures of people and businesses. If you fail, try try again, and not too many people keep trying, and if their not trying, their excusemaking.

I believe in paranormal phenomenon, however it does say in the bible that if you are open to that kind of thing that the devil is more apt to get at you, sure john edwards can talk to dead people but how do we know it's not the devil communicating to him and manipulating him and other people who believe in it. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is the father son and holy spirit, I believe in god, and I believe I probably should be going to church more often.
I believe more because of the dream my mom had of her dad.
He came into her dream with a big smile on his face and the backround in her dream was white, he disappeared and when she awoke, her brother called to tell her mom died that morning.
The other thing that got me believing is that little girl who was on her death bed. She remembers talking to jesus and telling him she didn't want to leave, he told her it wasn't her time and to think about her mom and dad, so she came back.

I believe in libertarianism, anarchy, and conservative (fiscal) ideologies, also liberal(social) ideologies.

I believe that the most important thing that keeps us human's alive is the air we breathe, and we don't care enough about it to do our part. It's not owned by anybody so anybody and everybody help ruin it, same thing with public bathrooms.

I believe it's important for people to keep watch over neighborhood pets so you can make sure they are being treated properly, especially outdoor dogs.
They are counting on us for help if needed.

I believe that different jobs are better then just one, unless you find your real passion, but how can you do that without having multiple jobs?

I also think that dave chapelle is the man and you should watch his dvd platinum comedy series...

[edit on 31-1-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
- I hate Hyphenated Nationalties. All that does is pull people further apart
- Being Politically Correct is stupid. It is just the few trying to control the many. I say what I want, deal with it.
- I have no religion, but I do have spirituality.
- There is no N.W.O.
- The Moon is actually the Death Star, but due to years of neglect, it is covered in dirt and debris.
- The Governments of the world will never fully admit to U.F.O.'s and the like. If thet did they would have a gazillion laws suits on the hands for telling people they were crazy when in fact they were not.
- Labels are wrong, they are something you read off of a can, jar, box, whatever. They do not belong on a person.
- Just because there is a chemical imbalance in my brain, does not mean I am dangerous.
- Just because there is a chemical imbalance in my brain, does mean I am dangerous.
- People do not appreciate sarcasm
- There is no such thing as coincidence.
- I believe in FATE, there is just more than one road to get there...
- I believe there is more than one Earth
- Even though the new Battlestar Galactica is better, I like the old Cylones more.
- There is 1 tablesoon per cup when making coffee, not 1 teaspoon.
- I believe that someday we will live on other planets, just not anytime soon.
- I feel that the Federal Government has over stepped it bounds and needs to get the hell out of our faces.
- Most people are good people - 75% to 25%
- I believe that we are supposed to eat animals. Why else would they be made out of meat?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was brought up Catholic, but I believe in no religion now. I think that religion is a tool that people use to answer the big, scary questions in life that seem have no other explanation. Or at least a satisfactory one. Remember: People once thought the Sun was a god. They believed this as much as any of us believe in our Gods, even killed each other over it as we do today. But nobody today still believes that, because the Sun has a solid explanation. Its been answered.

I don’t believe there is life after death or reincarnation. When your done your done. Worm food. And you know what? I’m OK with all of that.

I also don’t question others beliefs in religion. I understand why they have the belief, and its OK. Even though I don’t agree with it, think its quite silly actually, but its what some people need to believe to be comfortable, as valid as the beliefs I have that make me comfortable. I must say I get upset when somebody claims that all people that do not believe what they do are damned and will suffer some terrible fate. That’s uncalled for. Id be willing to bet that I live as much, or even more, respectable and honest life than most who believe in a God.

Anyways, evolution, that’s the ticket. Or at least a close variation. After all, its all hypothesis (just like God). I also believe that there is not only life out there, but some form of intelligent life. Have they visited Earth? I don’t know, maybe, maybe not. But they exist and some day, maybe tomorrow, or a 1000 years from now we will cross paths. If King George doesn’t get us all killed by then that is.

Politics? BAH!! I am an American citizen, and even after all that’s going on I am still proud. We will survive King George (I hope) and get things on track again. Hey, I actually voted for this fool once!! I have always been proud of my country and always will. Dubya wont be in office forever and we can become again the great nation that we are.

Iraq? Never should have gone there. Not this time anyways. But the bottom line is we are there and we need to finish up properly. I think the news is way off on their reporting and spends a great deal of energy focusing on the bad stuff blowing it WAAAAY out of proportion. Yeah its bad, but if you spend three months beating a horse its hard to think of anything else. I’m convinced the VAST majority of US troops in Iraq are good people trying their hardest to do good things. Period. Our troops are hero’s, plain and simple.

What’s next? Iran, Syria, North Korea. I’m not saying war per say, but this is where the US should have been instead of Iraq, at least its focus. We have wasted a lot of lives, time, and money in the wrong place. Lets regroup and refocus. Get Bin Laden once and for all, tighten our borders and move forward slow and smart. Be aggressive but consistent.

Anyways, that’s my thoughts and the air is cleaned!

new topics

top topics

join