It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear site owners... US politics...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Dear site owners.

As you no doubt have realised, there are many of us members on an international and also US level here who enjoyed ATS for what it used to be and would also like to see and contribute to ATS being a long lasting quality site in the future...

Many of us have made our thoughts loud and clear about the amount of US political discussion (which is/are sometimes completely unworthy (IMO) of a what used to be the biggest quality conspiracy site on the web...) this has even spewed over and also contaminates NON US political threads from time to time (by the same old partisans and trolls IMO)) but up until now nothing has been expressed by site owners or senior staff?

Quite a few threads have been created discussing feelings about this topic and the same old politicial partisan members and trolls (IMO) have come onto them (usually those participating in political threads) and told us to create threads of interest... (Many people have tried this and those threads get flooded under by the political threads)

My question is the following :

Why did you let this happen?

Thank you for your response (hoping this thread doesn't get thrown?)

Warmest respects

Lags

edit on 14-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
They may respond with a counter-question- Given that this is what people were wanting to talk about, what do you think we could have done about it?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
They may respond with a counter-question- Given that this is what people were wanting to talk about, what do you think we could have done about it?

I am hoping that a counter question is not the issue, I have just asked one simple question and dearly hope that the site owners can offer respected members an explanation and why not at the same time a long lasting solution...

There are quite a few threads out there and especially this one where many people have made suggestions : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I foresee many many people in the not too distant future abandoning ship to look for discussion forums that go back to all the subjects that made this place once so great...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 14-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase changed

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of this lately,more and more youngsters wanting it their way,this site was created by the help of members,some now board official's some since site was created,they are quite capable,and have a long history,kids need to learn comprimise,save them throwing fits

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Look at the top thread I mean newest thread in the new topics section.. IT's the third post in in a topic about airplanes that some president pops up..

I think the mods should be focusing on off topic posts.

removing those and not letting a topic on UFOs turn into you knwo what man,

we;ll never know about UFOs now that Trumps in man..

Holy # you lost the damn plot..

So mods just bring the plot line back.. A thread is supposed to be a thread. I'm scared I might click on some secret of the pyramids to see Hillary's face or some such #..

so that's all remove off topic posts..

Anything else is going after free speech. Free speech on a forum is generally related to the topic at hand with leeway of course. But reel it in guys this is out of hand.
edit on 14-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
My take whether US citizen or not , if ya dont like a thread topic ,dont participate
Easy Peasy

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Another silence others.... instead of just don't read.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
My take whether US citizen or not , if ya dont like a thread topic ,dont participate
Easy Peasy

you mean when you click on a topic about B21 airplanes and the third comment is about Trumps dick size?

That's how you avoid political stuff?

that's the issue, it's not the issue of what threads people decide to post, it's what threads everyone has decided to invade like this weird pretend war people are having that has no bearing on reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Why is there forums for politics?
Why do these threads have such large followings?
Are the attempted threads you mentioned truly buried because they are of such high interest and well laid out?
*Is there a real issue with the quality of the site?

I think the popularity of political threads is because of the state of the world...
Perhaps you could make a better use of your time to achieve your goal of removing political interest of ATS members by complaining to world leaders and urging them to play nice and make the World a better place...
If you could get them to listen and cause a golden age for civilization filled with peace and harmony topped off with equality and wealth for all well ATS would magically morph back into the thing you remember...
Sadly for you though I believe the odds of success for you are just as poor either way...
I would have to say most threads that should or could be interesting and generate great discussions
Are poorly made and this is also a big factor in why so many of them are seemingly buried...
edit on 14-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Easy Peasy

This was the sort of answer I was expecting from some people here...

Such a shame that discussion has disappeared here.

AH... I have just seen your posting history... I understand now why you wrote that.

Warmest

lags

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Don't like a topic , ignore it.

Simple and easy

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Another silence others.... instead of just don't read.

I was just in quite a few threads that have nothing to do with politics and Trump keeps coming up.
Obviously no one is trying to torture themselves by clicking on things they don't want to read.
it's bleeding into everything.

I was talking about a Dam that might break.. Trump came into it communism.. All of it..

B21 thread in aircraft forums third post is Trump..

So off topic posts need to start being removed is my take..

people will make whatever threads they want and I don't have to click them, but leave me some fricken threads that are on another topic please. Lucky I have a few hidy hole threads..

link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Easy Peasy

you mean when you click on a topic about B21 airplanes and the third comment is about Trumps dick size?

that's the issue, it's not the issue of what threads people decide to post, it's what threads everyone has decided to invade like this weird pretend war people are having that has no bearing on reality.

Havent noticed that yet....
Example please,,,Or exaggeration much ?
I vote the latter

link   

originally posted by: muse7

Simple and easy

it's not that easy

think a little harder.

link   

Easy Peasy

Havent noticed that yet....
Example please,,,Or exaggeration much ?
I vote the latter

that was an example go look at new topics you goof.

the last 3 topics I've been in B21, the Oroville Dam, Julian Assange (ehh you know)..

all political now.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I would have to say most threads that should or could be interesting and generate great discussions
Are poorly made and this is also a big factor in why so many of them are seemingly buried...

Thats your opinion mate...

Some may be poorly made but many members have taken much time, thought and consideration to create quality material which used to be what ATS was all about and do not deserve to be swamped out by US politics.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Simple and easy

it's not that easy

think a little harder.

What's so difficult about it?

If you don't like politics then stay out of threads about politics.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Here you go : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your next comment?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 14-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Word added

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

What's so difficult about it?

If you don't like politics then stay out of threads about politics.

I said think harder.

politics is in every thread I go to now.

I listed some examples above of just my last threads I was in.

none in the political forum.

a disaster story that is crisis averted so far and people are trying to turn it into left vs right.. Cause the left are commies and the right won't spend money..

# off you idiots this is about people who are ok but damn...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

No politics here and although it was started in 2012 it has reawakened . Very well put together thread .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join