It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration raid advocates claim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: PlasticWizard

So aiding and abedding fugitives through twitter...

Yep, saw posts telling people where raids were and offering sanctuary from them. Even posts of "know your rights" print outs trying to inform illegals of rights considering warrants and search.. that illegals technically don't have.

Identity theft is a huge problem with illegals too.

Can't be very effective. It's in English!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

The other side of the paper is in Spanish I bet.

"Press 2" for English.

edit on Feb-10-2017 by xuenchen because: sumofallfears

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well if they are so important to the American economy, deport them all, and then we will have to legally accept the correct amount to fulfill these jobs.

Tell it to the corporations that exploit them and the gubment that turns a blind eye, not me.

And then they will not get payed a slave wage, because they will be legal and entitled to the wages the law demands.

They'd just import more illegals to save money. The way they moved all our jobs overseas to exploit their people for slave wages.

Why would you celebrate our economy being driven off of the exploitation of illegal immigrants?

I'm not, you are. I celebrate the people that work for you for slave wages to keep your exceptional dystopia.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: xuenchen

I am sure there will be increased raids. ICE wasn't allowed to do their job for 8 years.

I disagree. A times yes but ICE had been doing regular raids and deportations under Obama, the media just didn't report on it because....Obama.

The media will now jump on this and blow it out of proportion simply because it's Trump's administration and all the sheep who can't think for themselves will get in an uproar over it.

This whole thing is really pissing me right off. I personally dealt with the ICE threat for years. Attorneys and those stupid little cards of what to do if they knock on your door in the middle of the night. All under Obama. MSM didn't care, liberals didn't care. But now all these schmucks are acting like it's something new, it's selective propaganda in order to create selective and controlled uproar.
edit on 10-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

True but not like last night. Last night people went nuts on twitter about it, warning others an whatnot. ICE agents were anticipating picking up around 10000 before the days done.

Most are being transported to N. TX Dallas areas then from there they are being processed out of the country.

Uh, well Twitter is fairly new.

I was born and bred here some 70 years ago.

I've seen it happen plenty.

Not "wet behind the ears" new tho. Twitter was definitely popular the past 8 years.

Media pretty much ignored it, downplayed reports from it and tried to discredit it over the past 10 years. Now media is giving it a chance because it helps their anti Trump agenda.
edit on 10-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Puppylove

Report anyone who is helping to obstruct the law and they will be investigated. Search the hash tag #iceraids on twitter for a good jumping off point.

And Kiddies of America - - make sure you report your parents, neighbors, cousins, friends, aunts and uncles.

Think I've heard this before.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I answered the question. Personally I'm not reporting anyone. Nor do I have anyone to report. All my neighbors, friends and loved ones are here legally either born here or immigrated properly from Mexico and other countries. Also my family helped a couple of illegals get their work visa. Also an illegal immigrant stole my wife's identity recently. I have no problem with immigrants. Just illegal ones who commit crimes and who think they don't have to anything towards becoming legal, work visa or citizenship wise.

The whole bleeding heart bit is old.
edit on 10-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Added an important word

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
does illegal immigration pose a drain on our economy? it does, and we have to be tough against it but we should not let fear turn them into a scapegoat to point our fingers at as the source of all our problems.

we can use the majority of illegals as productive citizens, we should drop the veil of shame on them so they can come forward and follow a legal path to citizenship.

focus on deporting the violent felons, pedos, rapists, welfare cheats and drug dealers. those are the illegals that are draining our society and economy.
edit on 10-2-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I answered the question.

Not attacking you.

This is my "home".

And I do not want what happened in Germany - - happening here.

That is what some are pushing for.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I don't want that either but I do want the crime involved with it to end.

What kills me, is all these people screaming and crying about their family member getting deported. The whole time their family was here, going to parties, weddings, family reunions etc.. , They didn't care enough to help them get a work visa or anything. But now it's "omg, my uncle, mother, cousin is getting deported don't tare my family apart" crap. And they had ample amount of time to atleast fill out an application for them if they cared enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What kind of idiots would protest um immigration and customs doing their damn job?

If ur here illegally its ur own fault

Reply to: xuenchen

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Spoiled Americans need to get off welfare and addictions and get to honest work in the fields.

Time for the public workforce from the depression to come back and give unemployed jobs like this.

I DO NOT want to import cheap labor from other countries, its racist, so lets get the criminal illegals(redundant?) out and put our lazy Americans in their place.
edit on 2102017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What kills me, is all these people screaming and crying about their family member getting deported. The whole time their family was here, going to parties, weddings, family reunions etc.. , They didn't care enough to help them get a work visa or anything. But now it's "omg, my uncle, mother, cousin is getting deported don't tare my family apart" crap. And they had ample amount of time to atleast fill out an application for them if they cared enough.

Again, CA was built by Latinos. They were here first (except indigenous).

There is family on both sides of the border - - same with Canadians. Are the Canadians subjected to the same restrictions? I don't think so. They mostly look like us (white people).

Do you think there are white Canadians working/living in America illegally? You can't tell by looking at them.

Now we're becoming like North and South Korea. Putting a wall up and separating families.

Do you approve of what North Korea is doing?

edit on 10-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Report anyone who is helping to obstruct the law and they will be investigated. Search the hash tag #iceraids on twitter for a good jumping off point.

And Kiddies of America - - make sure you report your parents, neighbors, cousins, friends, aunts and uncles.

Call them and tell them to apply for citizenship and they are good. If not then they should leave or be removed.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

First Latinos were white, now its evenly mixed.

They are white south of the boarder as far as Im concerned
edit on 2102017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Call them and tell them to apply for citizenship and they are good. If not then they should leave or be removed.

What if they don't want to be citizens of America?

If you go to Sri Lanka to work - - - should you be forced to become a citizen of that country?

edit on 10-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Again, CA was built by Latinos. They were here first (except indigenous).

There is family on both sides of the border - - same with Canadians. Are the Canadians subjected to the same restrictions? I don't think so. They mostly look like us (white people).

Do you think there are white Canadians working/living in America illegally? You can't tell by looking at them.

Now we're becoming like North and South Korea. Putting a wall up and separating families.

Do you approve of what North Korea is doing?

Wait a minute. I don't look at most hispanic looking people like they are illegals. Do you?

If ICE is having raids merely based on looks, then I will be right there with you protesting. But I am sure they have more than just this to go on.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello.... Work visa?

My wife is a portugese citizen here legally and she agrees with trump on deporting illegals. As do I.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Spoiled Americans need to get off welfare and addictions and get to honest work in the fields.

They ain't hiring "spoiled Americans", they are hiring undocumented immigrants. Ever see Food, Inc?

Lays out the problem (and the solution)...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

First Latinos were white, now its evenly mixed.

They are white south of the boarder as far as Im concerned

Yes, I am aware of Spaniards and mixing with French and indigenous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join