It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration raid advocates claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Ice raids happened in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, New York and a couple other states last night.

Twitter blew up last night with folks giving out check point locations and informing illegals where the raids were happening.

Not much MSM coverage either !!

WoW

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

True but not like last night. Last night people went nuts on twitter about it, warning others an whatnot. ICE agents were anticipating picking up around 10000 before the days done.

Most are being transported to N. TX Dallas areas then from there they are being processed out of the country.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just LA was covered because of protesters. At the same time they were hammering other states.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Let them protest. Defending the rights of more felons.
Everyday they give up another inch of moral highground

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

So aiding and abedding fugitives through twitter...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I am sorry illegal immigrants are not committing the same crimes as "jaywalkers".

They are coming into a country illegally and reaping the benefits of its citizens who pay taxes. They get free healthcare and educations and in some states even drivers licenses. So that is far from comparison.

The exact terms vary by state. As of this writing in 2016, a total of 12 states plus the District of Columbia allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a driver's license. These 12 states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont and Washington.

immigration.lawyers.com... ndocumented-immigrants-get-drivers-licenses.html

To qoute the movie "Blow" real quick because this scene works perfectly here.

[yvidyoutu.be...]
edit on 10-2-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
anybody who protests the enforcement of laws is an anarchist and law abiding people shouldn`t pay attention anything they have to say.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

True but not like last night. Last night people went nuts on twitter about it, warning others an whatnot. ICE agents were anticipating picking up around 10000 before the days done.

Most are being transported to N. TX Dallas areas then from there they are being processed out of the country.

This is awesome!!
It is so good to finally see progress.
There were reports that the morale of ICE staff was increased dramatically since Trump's EOs.
They are finally back in business protecting our country.

edit on 2/10/17 by BlueAjah because: oops

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

So aiding and abedding fugitives through twitter...

Yep, saw posts telling people where raids were and offering sanctuary from them. Even posts of "know your rights" print outs trying to inform illegals of rights considering warrants and search.. that illegals technically don't have.

Identity theft is a huge problem with illegals too.

edit on 10-2-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Kevin Leon is freaking out.
He probably caused this with his testimony this week that 1/2 his family are illegals

STATEMENT: California Senate Leader on ICE Raids

Thursday, February 09, 2017

SACRAMENTO – California Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) released the following statement on reports of raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement across Southern California:

“There are reports that ICE today executed raids across Southern California. I have asked federal officials to disclose how many children, men, and women they have detained; what the processing time will be; what the rationale is for their detention; and I asked that everyone be offered access to an attorney.

“To my constituents, I implore you to know your rights by visiting this website. We will continue to work aggressively to protect law-abiding immigrants because you and your families are a great value to our society.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ICE denies social media reports that it is ‘terrorizing’ Charlotte’s east side

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is again denying social media reports that it has ramped up operations in east Charlotte, including suggestions it arrested dozens of undocumented Charlotte immigrants in the past week.

Among those reports is a widely circulated Facebook post that says 57 people have been picked up and are being held at a York County, S.C., facility for deportation.

Bryan Cox, a spokesman for ICE’s southern region, noted the York County holding site is the only ICE facility for North Carolina, and that people held there have been arrested across the entire state, not just in Charlotte. It also holds undocumented immigrants arrested in South Carolina towns such as Rock Hill and Fort Mill.

edit on 2/10/17 by BlueAjah because: fix link

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"Downtown Protesters Claim ICE Sweeps Of Immigrants Are Spiking"

How dishonest can you get? They are ILLEGAL immigrants. This is the fake news that insists they're only interested in the truth.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
He probably caused this with his testimony this week that 1/2 his family are illegals

SACRAMENTO – California Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) released the following statement on reports of raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement across Southern California:

“There are reports that ICE today executed raids across Southern California. I have asked federal officials to disclose how many children, men, and women they have detained; what the processing time will be; what the rationale is for their detention; and I asked that everyone be offered access to an attorney.

“To my constituents, I implore you to know your rights by visiting this website. We will continue to work aggressively to protect law-abiding immigrants because you and your families are a great value to our society.

I thought being illegal immigrants they are not subject to the same constitutional rights as you and I...Now if so why should they be granted access to an attorney, at the same time was is a State Senator getting involved in disclosing law enforcement raids potentially putting Officers and Agents lives in jeopardy.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grambler

Well I think you know. But don't take my word for it, if they were allowed to do their job, why was morale so low?

No, I don't know. In fact:
President Obama deported record number of undocumented immigrants, despite what Donald Trump says

"Morale" is such a subjective word.

Even though we already know those numbers are manipulated, why is it a point of applause for liberals when Obama does it, literally Hitler when Trump does it?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I thought being illegal immigrants they are not subject to the same constitutional rights as you and I...Now if so why should they be granted access to an attorney, at the same time was is a State Senator getting involved in disclosing law enforcement raids potentially putting Officers and Agents lives in jeopardy.

You have more common sense than the Senator.
You need to read this to understand where his mind is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Any way to track down some of these people to prosecute them and make an example of why not to break the law?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Report anyone who is helping to obstruct the law and they will be investigated. Search the hash tag #iceraids on twitter for a good jumping off point.

ICE has a tip hotline.

www.ice.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

See Something

Say Something !!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Uh, well Twitter is fairly new.

I was born and bred here some 70 years ago.

I've seen it happen plenty.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Somebody's trying to make this into a "Round-up" !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join