It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration raid advocates claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well I think you know. But don't take my word for it, if they were allowed to do their job, why was morale so low?

No, I don't know. In fact:
President Obama deported record number of undocumented immigrants, despite what Donald Trump says

"Morale" is such a subjective word.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Didn't the Obama administration change the method of counting deportation figures to include the ones they stopped at the border and turned around?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Looks like he missed a few million.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Didn't the Obama administration change the method of counting deportation figures to include the ones they stopped at the border and turned around?

Yes he did. The links I posted showed hat, but they probably went unread.

But I guess we can ignore all of the people in ICE who see this everyday, who were demoralized because they had to watch illegals do what they wanted.

Instead we will take Windwords word on it. Sounds reasonable.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Did he? The refusal of entry isn't deportation. Do you have a source?

The fact is, its ICE's job to conduct these raids and the federal government's job to detain violators, not local PDs and local municipalities, which is the so called "law", The Secure Communities Program, from which "sanctuary cities" arose.
edit on 10-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Can't say I agree with anything this guy much says mate. He's a walking hemmhoroid.

www.informationliberation.com...
edit on 10-2-2017 by Archonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Immigration raids have always been a part of Los Angeles.

I remember working at this one place, heard some commotion, looked outside to see bodies disappearing over the back fence.

It happens.

Every once in awhile there'd be a crack down, for whatever reason.

Some workers would disappear for a week, then just show up again.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Its not the same as jay walking. More like trespassing. And you know what the first thing they do to tresspassers is? They remove them from the property that they are trespassing on.

It's not like trespassing.

Because trespassers have something called "squatter's rights."

And if you don't remove those trespassers within a certain time, by "adverse possession" they automatically gain the right to be there.

But, the undocumented don't seem to have any squatter's rights at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The fact is, its ICE's job to conduct these raids and the federal government's job to detain violators, not local PDs and local municipalities, which is the so called "law", The Secure Communities Program, from which "sanctuary cities" arose.

Here's just one article. I'll see if I can find others. This one is from the LATimes.

High deportation figures are misleading

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Border "turn arounds" are not the same as a Border Control arrests and deportations done through due process, made on US soil at check points or during encampment raids, etc., and they're not being counted as such.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Grambler

Its not the same as jay walking. More like trespassing. And you know what the first thing they do to tresspassers is? They remove them from the property that they are trespassing on.

It's not like trespassing.

Because trespassers have something called "squatter's rights."

And if you don't remove those trespassers within a certain time, by "adverse possession" they automatically gain the right to be there.

But, the undocumented don't seem to have any squatter's rights at all.

Thats dumb. Bu ok lets do this.

Squatter rights ar different state by state, with some states having none at all. There are also no federal squatters rights laws, so that won't work.

But even if I give you this, most people laws say a squatter has to be there for many years, say 5 before they can claim these rights. So you are for deporting all illegals that have been here less than 5 years.

Next, squatters rights only apply to people that have been in the same location for a consecutive amount of years. So all illegals that have changed residency are gone according to you.

Ok, next, squatter rights do not allow ownership of government land. I can't go to Yellowstone park and set up a tent for 8 years and then say "AH ha, I now own this land"

Also, you are not allowed to lie to get squatter rights. In other words, if you occupy a house and authorities ask you if you are allowed there and you say yes, you have lost your right to claim squatter rights. This means that any misleading documents from illegals would lose these rights and be deported.

Lastly, the more apt metaphor would be that they have broke into a place that says no trespassing. If i set up a camper in someones land they own like a forest, and 10 years later the owner is hunting and sees my camper, I am still trespassing and squatters rights do not apply.

These rights only apply in an area where there was no notification that people weren't allowed, like abandoned buildings. Well unfortunately our country is not abandoned.

But fine, if you don't like trespassing, maybe you are right. Maybe breaking and entering is a better metaphor.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From your link in Obama's own words:

“The statistics are actually a little deceptive because what we’ve been doing is, with the stronger border enforcement, we’ve been apprehending folks at the borders and sending them back. That is counted as a deportation, even though they may have only been held for a day or 48 hours, sent back – that’s counted as a deportation.”

He was trying to apologize to LaRaza and reporters complaining that he was deporting too many undocumented immigrants.

edit on 10-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Here's just one article. I'll see if I can find others. This one is from the LATimes.

High deportation figures are misleading

From your source;

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

Actually, it started during the Bush Administration. That's a good thing, I think. It helps identify criminals, especially if they're finger prints are in the system and/or they're wanted for crime.

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom have just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.

Yeah. That sound right. There a high concentration of undocumented immigrants living and working in San Diego, where I lived for 15 years. There's also a lot of "encampments" out in the wilderness areas of San Diego County. I'm sure the same is true all along our southern borders.

edit on 10-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I also think he was being selective.

Certain "cases" that met his standards would be held and bound over to court.

Then they can manipulate the court orders by selectively allowing many to be released into the wild never to return for future court hearings.

That might explain the increases in criminal activity of illegal immigrants.

Very clever.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: queenofswords

here's another........

The Obama administration has started counting certain “returns” as “removals” in order to artificially inflate the numbers and create a “record level” of deportations. Specifically, those caught by the Border Patrol who are shuttled to a different town along the border before they are returned are being dishonestly counted as deportations. This has falsely increased the number of total removals by more than 100,000 for the past two years.

In fact, if we count removals and returns together historically, then the Obama administration numbers are not close to “record-setting.” In the 1990s, the totals of returns and removals were well over one million. For example, according to the yearbook of immigration statistics, in 1996, removals and returns numbered more than 1.6 million, up from more than 1.3 million in 1995

From your source in Obama's own words.

In an October 2011 roundtable with Hispanic reporters, President Obama himself said the deportation numbers were artificially high because they include those caught at the border:

“The statistics are actually a little deceptive because what we’ve been doing is, with the stronger border enforcement, we’ve been apprehending folks at the borders and sending them back. That is counted as a deportation, even though they may have only been held for a day or 48 hours, sent back – that’s counted as a deportation.”

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ice raids happened in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, New York and a couple other states last night.

Twitter blew up last night with folks giving out check point locations and informing illegals where the raids were happening.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
FEAR????

Fear spreads??

For all the screaming and and crying, you'd think people were being beheaded, and their bodies left in the streets. Oh, wait; that's the drug cartels. Never mind.

Sue Trump! He's making people FEEL fear.

For God Sake, mind their feelings!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Ice raids happened in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, New York and a couple other states last night.

Twitter blew up last night with folks giving out check point locations and informing illegals where the raids were happening.

But, its not new.

This has always happened.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
How about setting up a mass march down to the immigration office to fill out the proper paperwork?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join