It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional clean up underway at Standing Rock protest camp as it shuts down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Starting in a few months there will be lots of new fatherless babies to feed

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Trump is one of the main shareholders in Phillips 66, nothing to see here.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Trump is one of the main shareholders in Phillips 66, nothing to see here.

And that folks is a LIE.

Simple enough

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Cry fake news all you want, forbes analysed his stock portfolio.. it's out there if you can be bothered to read it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
All his stocks were sold in June . It's out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The evidence isn't, unless you've seen it?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

yea i bet these commercials really don't mean much to most of them.

if the Corps of engineers had to go in and clean up behind them. that's kinda ironic.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: and before anyone says anything about Iron Eyess Cody even if he wasn't a a native amercain he lived the majortiy of his life as one and devoted his life to Native American causes, married an Indian woman (Bertha Parker), adopted two Indian boys

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
About time. Standing Rock was the first time I really recognized there might be blatant lying in media. Glad that's over with.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Standing Stone Camp on La'Donna Allards property is still there, and not going anywhere.
She's made many video's on FB that they are staying.

It's no surprise that there have been some tribal council shenanigans through out this.

The jobs the pipeline will bring are short lived, so celebrating them is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I say to my Native brothers and sisters and all protesters of these pipelines everywhere, If you really want to fight this, then we, all of us Americans, need to stop driving in cars, heating our homes with gas, traveling in planes, mowing your lawns with motorized mowers, or playing with our toys (4x4's and snowmobiles) and start going back to 150 year ago methods. Sorry to say, but the product that is destroying our planet is the product that we demand. Until we stop demanding it, we're all screwed!

Fossil fuel addiction. It's easy to get and hard to let go.

Agreed. That's the whole problem. We want to protest these pipelines, and yet, drive to the protest in a SUV. I don't like it, but I understood their cause.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Your doing it wrong.

When your protests end up making a bigger environmental impact that what they are supposedly protesting about.

And how did they make a bigger environmental impact, Neo? I hope you aren't referring to what was left behind, because the point of the story is that crews are in there picking up trash. They aren't leaving an environmental mess in their wake.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Crews are in there picking up after people who didn't pick up after themselves.

Crews clean up after an oil spill.

Oil companies and people-who-pick-up-trash-after-protesters are the same!

Yay for false equivalence!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

just the people from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are cleaning up, not all the protesters themselves. you know the ones that came out whining about the impact on the/their environment. it makes a difference who is actually cleaning it up.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I have a quick question, as to the safety issue of the pipelines.

Wouldn't it be better to go over the river?
It just seems like any leak or break would be noticed faster.

I'm not real sure about it. One thought though, maybe a pipeline going over the river could be sabotaged.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
All the "we inspired everybody and stood up to a corporation and look at what we achieved!" talk is rather humorous given that they didn't really do anything they wanted to do, unless something changes in a big way.

But I mean....good on them for having a big ass campout and leaving a mess I guess?

What freaking mess are they leaving behind? What's a matter with you people. The tribe paid for all sanitation and other infrastructure issues to make sure nothing is left behind. The point of the story is to show the work crews that are taking everything out of the camps, which includes all the left trash along with structures.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sometimes, it's not so bad to wish for a global EMP.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Imagine your life without petroleum products...

Now stfu.
Imagine people using them as a resource which can and will become depleted. Common sense and priorities coming into play. You in the industry? Not poking fun but you sound like a man with something to lose in this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

just the people from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are cleaning up, not all the protesters themselves. you know the ones that came out whining about the impact on the/their environment. it makes a difference who is actually cleaning it up.

So, they just walked along and threw trash on the ground, you assume? The Tribe had a plan for all infrastructure already in place, you know, trash bins and then trash pick up. I can only imagine your image of the situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So, they just walked along and threw trash on the ground, you assume?

well yes i do, first reason.

from your link,

Materials for salvage were set to the side, while loaders scraped up bucket loads of abandoned tents, sleeping bags, cooking utensils, food goods, and personal items mixed into slushy snow and ice.[/color] It all got poured into piles and dumpsters arranged around the camp perimeters and trucked to the landfill.

why on earth if everything was in trash bin and dumpsters would they have to scrape up bucket loads of tents sleeping bags cooking utensils, food goods, and personal items mixed into slushy snow and ice, and pile it up or place in dumpsters if it wasn't on the ground and if the tribe had all infrastructure already in place?

second reason, it's just a short little blurp

Abandoned Cars, Tents and Trash Left Behind By Protesters Who Have Gone Home

The tribe hopes to complete the work before any spring floodwaters from the Cannonball River can wash debris into the Missouri River.

Cleanup Begins at Dakota Access Pipeline Protest Encampment
why on earth would they hope that they can clean it up before the spring floods if it was all in trash bins,and dumpsters if the tribe had all infrastructure already in place?

thrid reason, this one even has a picture of the abandoned tents cars and even a bus.

The camp is near the rivers' confluence. It's been home since August to hundreds and sometimes thousands of pipeline opponents. Most have left, and they've left behind abandoned cars, tents and trash. Tribal Chairman Dave Archambault says the cleanup could take weeks. The cost isn't known.
Cleanup Begins At Dakota Access Pipeline Protest Encampment

why on earth would it takes weeks if they already had all infrastructure already in place?

see this little tid bit,

it all got poured into piles and dumpsters arranged around the camp perimeters and trucked to the landfill.

this is the the infrastructure of which you speak.

plus they are setting aside stuff to recycle during the cleanup, if all all infrastructure already in place, wouldn't have been easier to haul it off when tossed into the so called trash bins and dumpsters?

fourth reason,

On Tuesday, contractors hired by the tribe began to clean up the protest sites. Loaders, dump trucks, an excavator, and skid-steers moved into the Oceti Sakowin camp and began to tear down structures and abandoned dwellings. Articles deemed worthy of salvage were set aside for donation in Bismarck and on other reservations. Still, massive amounts of trash remain and spring floodwaters are coming. “It is paramount for public safety, and to prevent an environmental disaster, that the camps be cleared prior to a potential spring flood,” Gov. Doug Burgum said in a statement on Monday. “Once the floodwaters recede, the land will need to be cleaned and eventually restored to pre-protest conditions.” At present, cleanup efforts are focusing on removing the camps themselves. The cost of cleaning up the camps is yet to be determined. .

The process has ironically shown how much the protesters themselves participated in the very disposable society they once criticized. “I came here to fight for the environment. A lot of this stuff was donated and used once and now it’s garbage. It’s like the aftermath of a hurricane,” said Joe Britt, who came to help construct the camp and has remained to watch it taken down.

both above from here,Standing Rock Races to Clean Up Protest Camps as DAPL Approval Nears
so it appears that they didn't have all infrastructure already in place.

fifth reason, i know human nature, very few of the people there give a sh@@, by this i mean if all these people that came to the protest cared about the environment they would not have left their sh@@.

here is a better idea of human nature, although not the same as the protest it still thousands of people living in a camp ground,that left their sh@@.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They love the land so much they just left their trash on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join