It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lots of trip wires and ticking trigger bombs deep inside the Cabinet organizations right now.

Agreed!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Because he's supported by people who blame Jewish bankers for WWII?

I would respond to this, but quite frankly you are making no sense, care to clarify?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm claiming the 'sky if falling!' and I'm full of fear?

When you put words into people's mouths, you're talking to yourself.

I think some of you won't admit it, but anybody can see that is what is being done.

Of course it can be undone.
Maybe he has a fabulous plan to move forward. Or maybe he doesn't and will be impeached before it can go full sail.
Maybe there will be so many protests he will have to backtrack or declare M.L. (The term is so overused on this site I hate even saying it.)

Maybe it will be roses and rainbows.

You can't say you know when you don't know. I can't say I know either.

Grow up.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Because he's supported by people who blame Jewish bankers for WWII?

I would respond to this, but quite frankly you are making no sense, care to clarify?

Your history lesson praised Adolf Hitler... and you support Trump. Work it out.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: angeldoll
Of course it's a coup, after a fashion. I've been saying that since I heard who his nominees for cabinet positions are.

They are not being put in place to run the government, NO, they are being put in place to dismantle the government.

Even the most dim witted of his supporters should be able to see that.

No they are being put in place to run the government in a way you do not agree with. Maybe they are even going to run the government the wrong way, maybe even the VERY VERY VERY wrong way. But they where ELECTED by the people to run the government this way - not a coup.

Oh really? I didn't get to vote for the cabinet members. Did you?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Your history lesson praised Adolf Hitler... and you support Trump. Work it out.

Who is praising Hitler? I never said anything in admiration, just education. Have you never wondered how he got a great many Germans to go along with genocide of an entire people? Blaming Jewish bankers was a good scapegoat for him.

Your post just goes to show that when confronted with this pesky thing called facts, the anti-Trump crowd can do nothing but make believe and name call.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Of course it's a coup, after a fashion. I've been saying that since I heard who his nominees for cabinet positions are.

They are not being put in place to run the government, NO, they are being put in place to dismantle the government.

Even the most dim witted of his supporters should be able to see that.

No they are being put in place to run the government in a way you do not agree with. Maybe they are even going to run the government the wrong way, maybe even the VERY VERY VERY wrong way. But they where ELECTED by the people to run the government this way - not a coup.

Oh really? I didn't get to vote for the cabinet members. Did you?

What is your malfunction?

NO ONE ever gets to vote for cabinet members. It's the way it works. I didn't get to vote on Obama's cabinet and they were one scary crew. Half of 'em hadn't even paid their taxes in who knows how long and it caused at least two that I know of to drop out although one of the more notable ones was Geithner the Treasury Sec. who did not drop out and excused his tax lapse by blaming TurboTax.

Man can't figure out TurboTax and HE'S the best we can get in Treasury?!

But at any rate, the closest anyone comes to voting on cabinet is voting on your Senators, and since the Democrats have decided to boycott their jobs, you really should be angry with them, not you inability to vote on cabinet appointments.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Who is praising Hitler? I never said anything in admiration, just education.

Why did you end the story here?

In five years he turned Germany around from the poorest country in Europe to the richest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And they all lived happily ever after. Have you ever visited Germany and seen the ruins that are still left over from Hitler's "economic miracle?"

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I agree with you in the sense that CNN has gone off the rails. They're so far off the rails that they've practically disappeared from view in terms of being a meaningful news source and I suppose you know, CNN is rumored to be up for sale?

But the story your link goes to is typical of what they're doing at CNN. Look at the author profile. "Ruth Ben-Ghiat", whatever that is, she's a professor of History and Italian Studies at NYU, (bastion of free thought! sarc/tag) and her latest book is "Italian Facism's Empire Cinema". My point? I have better credentials than that to be writing an opinion piece for CNN. My point? This is typical in that I've noted of late that CNN now frequently features unheard of Millenial types with no street cred whatsoever. Where ever in the world do they find these people? Look no further than NYU.

Bottom line? CNN is a money losing operation and has been for years. They can't afford to hire reputable people to provide content so they scour for nobodies looking to make a name for themselves and end up publishing whack job conspiracy pieces about the rise of some version of Mussolini Fascism. That piece is dripping with "fear", the signature feature of the Millenial Snowflake.

Its gonna be a long, long, four years but maybe if we're lucky, someone will finally put CNN out of its misery.
edit on 1-2-2017 by TonyS because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I can't even believe people are saying Hitler wasn't elected. He was, his party was and he was the leader of that party. In Europe it is common that the leader of the winning party will become prime-minister.
What happened in Germany after his party won the election?
Democracy ended and it became a totalitarian state under the rulership of Hitler.
No opposition allowed, no critisism allowed.....well you know all the ugly things that happens in totalitarian states.
It was a coup, only it was a 'gentle' one. Getting elected and turn the country into a dictatorship.
So, yes a coup can happen by someone who is democratically elected. And to be honest I see signs in this Trump-government that it not far-fetched that people are contemplating that it is also can happen or is happening in the US

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: woopy

i can't believe people believe that hitler was was elected.

a wiki, cause it's fast. check any source you want they will say the same.

The absence of an effective government prompted two influential politicians, Franz von Papen and Alfred Hugenberg, along with several other industrialists and businessmen, to write a letter to Hindenburg. The signers urged Hindenburg to appoint Hitler as leader of a government "independent from parliamentary parties", which could turn into a movement that would "enrapture millions of people".[139][140] Hitler, at the window of the Reich Chancellery, receives an ovation on the evening of his inauguration as chancellor, 30 January 1933 Hindenburg reluctantly agreed to appoint Hitler as chancellor after two further parliamentary elections—in July and November 1932—had not resulted in the formation of a majority government. Hitler headed a short-lived coalition government formed by the NSDAP and Hugenberg's party, the German National People's Party (DNVP). On 30 January 1933, the new cabinet was sworn in during a brief ceremony in Hindenburg's office. The NSDAP gained three posts: Hitler was named chancellor, Wilhelm Frick Minister of the Interior, and Hermann Göring Minister of the Interior for Prussia.[141] Hitler had insisted on the ministerial positions as a way to gain control over the police in much of Germany.[142]National People's Party (DNVP)/ex]

then further down,

On 2 August 1934, Hindenburg died. The previous day, the cabinet had enacted the "Law Concerning the Highest State Office of the Reich".[164] This law stated that upon Hindenburg's death, the office of president would be abolished and its powers merged with those of the chancellor. Hitler thus became head of state as well as head of government, and was formally named as Führer und Reichskanzler (leader and chancellor).[165] With this action, Hitler eliminated the last legal remedy by which he could be removed from office.[166]
Adolf Hitler

people that don't know should check first before they write something, i've done that a time or two myself.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Fair enough, thank you for the correction. It was indeed that in the elections of 1932 the NSDAP wasn't the winner. The results of the election was that the Communist Party and the NSDAP were the only parties who could form a majority in Parlement. Since Hindenburg thought the Communists were a worse option, he reluctantly appointed Hitler.
edit on 1-2-2017 by woopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It worked for Hitler in 1933.

So says the poster who subliminally promotes Isis on ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I wish everybody would stop with the coup crap!! That, and the civil war nonsense.

There's not going to be a coup, or anything even remotely resembling one!!! Period.

The military is 100% behind Trump. Any move to forcibly take over the office of president is an attack on America. Such an attempt would be extinguished in a nanosecond.

There's not going to be a civil war either! Well, the only civil war is going to be in California when they put the ballot measure to secede up for vote. The war will be between those who want to protect the people who came up with the measure from being thrown off the highest bridge...and those who want to push them! And believe me, the democrats will be at the front of the pack of those who want to push them!

You can take that to the bank.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The military is 100% behind Trump.

The military are the ones the junta relies on when they decide to overstay their term of office.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why are people so touchy about that point? Everyone knows neither Hitler nor Trump won the popular vote.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: woopy

Hitler was never elected to a position of leadership.

He was appointed to a post inside the government. At best, if you are looking to make a direct parallel, you would need to target one of Trump's cabinet.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Why are people so touchy about that point? Everyone knows neither Hitler nor Trump won the popular vote.

Yes, but according to the rules of the game, Trump won the highest elective office. Hitler NEVER even did that, not when he took power the first time.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DJW001

Yes, but according to the rules of the game, Trump won the highest elective office. Hitler NEVER even did that, not when he took power the first time.

According to the rules of the game, Hitler was appointed by the legitimate authority.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seriously? You're explaining this to me? Good lord woman, it was sarcasm.
Thanks. If I need a junior high civics class mini- lecture, I'll know who to call.

lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join