It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
"Trump gained power legally" - so no that's not a coup

Yet.

Added:

Common people; this is the kind of stuff that makes people roll their eyes at you; it only serves to defeat your ultimate goal of persuading the people to join you in opposing Trump – because they are going to think that because you are so clearly wackado on this point you might be wackado on the other things you’re trying to point out.

What is whackado about learning from history?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Of course it's a coup, after a fashion. I've been saying that since I heard who his nominees for cabinet positions are.

They are not being put in place to run the government, NO, they are being put in place to dismantle the government.

edit on 2/1/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"Trump gained power legally" - so no that's not a coup

Yet.

Added:

Common people; this is the kind of stuff that makes people roll their eyes at you; it only serves to defeat your ultimate goal of persuading the people to join you in opposing Trump – because they are going to think that because you are so clearly wackado on this point you might be wackado on the other things you’re trying to point out.

nothing?
edit on 1-2-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And replace it with????

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And replace it with????

Your guess is as good as mine.

link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: ketsuko

never really liked CNN, even back in the old days. knew they lied from the get go.
the huffin post, is a joke can't stand them. the daily beast is just maybe a step above a super market tabloid.

now cbs and nbc i can watch, especially cbs. for some reason i like to watch charlie rose when he is on.

Like I said, HuffPo and Daily Beast are honest in what they are and you can occasionally find something of worth there. Daily Beast is better at that then HuffPo when it comes to real substance, but HuffPo does have nice fluff and lifestyle pages. Their cooking section is often good.

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Of course it's a coup, after a fashion. I've been saying that since I heard who his nominees for cabinet positions are.

They are not being put in place to run the government, NO, they are being put in place to dismantle the government.

Even the most dim witted of his supporters should be able to see that.

No they are being put in place to run the government in a way you do not agree with. Maybe they are even going to run the government the wrong way, maybe even the VERY VERY VERY wrong way. But they where ELECTED by the people to run the government this way - not a coup.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Here is some history for you.

Hitler came to power because the treaty of Versailles demanded that Germans pay for the entire cost of the war to the countries involved. This amount of money was equal to three or four times the value of all of the property in Germany. Combine that with the fact that runaway financial speculation by Jewish bankers had left the country's currency practically worthless. Germans were living in shacks. They were starving. Hitler thumbed his nose at the banks and issued his countries own currency and tied the worth of that currency directly to infrastructure projects and such that he commisioned himself. In five years he turned Germany around from the poorest country in Europe to the richest.

So tell me again how Trump getting elected president is just like Hitler coming to power.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

And replace it with????

Your guess is as good as mine.

Exactly, that's why that scenario doesn't work. Even Trump doesn't have the resources to survive in complete anarchy. Not that he is willing to gamble anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

There is a lot of government that needs to be dismantled. The bureaucracy is overlarge and needs to be cut down to size. That's part of the problem with the economy. There are too many federal workers for every private sector one. We are supporting too many bureaucrats with our taxes.

It's no accident that while most of the country languished the counties around DC become some of the wealthiest with the average salary range being in 6-digits. That's our tax money at work. Or maybe it would be better to say the money we borrow from China.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Exactly, that's why that scenario doesn't work

Oh, it's working. Ten days in, he's right on schedule.

One of the scariest things is, HE might not even know what he's going to do with the mess he's creating. He just wants to see what will happen. Then what? I hope he at least has a plan.

edit on 2/1/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Ten days in and you have a few nonsense EOs that the next president can undo if they so wish - hardly a 'the sky is falling' moment.

What are people going to do when there really is a 'the sky is falling' moment? Hide under their beds?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ten days in and you have a few nonsense EOs that the next president can undo if they so wish - hardly a 'the sky is falling' moment.

What are people going to do when there really is a 'the sky is falling' moment? Hide under their beds?

Protest!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

One of the scariest things is, HE might not even know what he's going to do with the mess he's creating. He just wants to see what will happen. Then what? I hope he at least has a plan.

Suppositions? You fear is not rational.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

So tell me again how Trump getting elected president is just like Hitler coming to power.

Because he's supported by people who blame Jewish bankers for WWII?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is the worst kind of pernicious speculation that has already done no favours to the mass hysteria we are seeing today. You can hear the minds rot if you listen close enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

The other fact people forget is that Hitler was also never elected.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

one thing about the huffin post or should i say the one of the founders that bears her name,that sticks in my mind .

years ago one day at work, my boss was listening to the local am talk station and they use to run the hannity radio show who i all ways thought was just a yes man for bush, which he seemed to think could so no wrong.

he was interviewing arianna huffington, and talking about her and her stand on global warming and how she was blasting people that fly to their destinations.

so he asked her how she got to where the interview was and she said she flew on someones private jet. then hannity laid into to her, and asked her why she flew on a private jet and then turns around and blast people for doing the same thing she does. her only answer was " the plane was going there anyway" i just laughed and laughed at that.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah, Hannity tends to pick his man and stick. He's a Trumper now. I'm not a big Hannity person, but he does occasionally get a decent shot in. I only hear him for a few minutes in the afternoon between the book store and picking my kid up at school.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
One Man's "Coup d'état" is another Man's "Checks and Balances"

Lots of trip wires and ticking trigger bombs deep inside the Cabinet organizations right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join