It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No, I have said hundreds of times on these forums I have always preferred CNN, I am saying this isn't a CNN piece which is what the OP was trying to infer.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No danger of that happening here, right?

Notice how these "protesters" always have premade signs and in many cases, matching t-shirts?

Its almost like there is an organized color revolution being paid for and funded by some billionaire oligarch.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If by "destroying the state" you mean dismantling a lot of the deep state, then sure. The embedded federal bureaucracy is an ossified institution that runs on no matter who pulls the strings at the top. It's time has come. It needs to be pruned in a big way.

Any libertarian will tell you the deep state needs to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Ohanka

The rapidity that the stars are accumulating on this post is alarming. Rather than try to argue that no dictator who has ever come to power was elected before orchestrating a coup following the steps I outlined, you jumped on an historical technicality. Is it or is it not possible for an elected President to stage a coup to stay in power?

Is it possible? Maybe....but since it has never happened here in the US, who knows. I mean, we aren't the timid sheep that living under monarchies and despots will tend to make you, so the very base dynamics of humanity in the US stands in stark contrast to Germany.

Im just shocked they decided to trot this out so soon. Usually this is talk reserved for second term presidents and instead of civil war, its martial law. But same concept: is our leader a power hungry megalomaniac that is willing to steal the reins of government in order to stay in power?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yes. It is possible.

Thank you.

Rather unlikely in America though. Just don't see it happening. That's the sort of thing that happens in South America or Africa.

It is not a question of geography, it is a question of economics and trust in the government. There have been circumstance that have undercut America's faith in government. These have been exploited and the distrust exacerbated intentionally through media and social media. Much of this distrust is being sowed intentionally.

And once again the political realities of America 2017 and Germany 1932 are worlds apart.

A ruling elite that cannot solve the economic distress of the working class? A populist leader who pledges to make the nation great again? Nothing to see here, move along....

I agree that any attempted coup will eventually be squashed by the enlightened self interest of career civil servants and careerist politicians, but the next couple of years are shaping up to be the biggest trial of the American experiment since 1968-74.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Its almost like there is an organized color revolution being paid for and funded by some billionaire oligarch.

You mean billionaire oligarch Donald Trump?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Just A Friendly Reminder:

This thread is not in the Political Mud Pit forum.

Mind your step.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: watchitburn

Trump was elected. If one is democratically elected that is the exact opposite of a coup.

No. It can be merely the first step in a coup. Chaos calls for extreme measures to insure public safety.The press is reigned in to prevent it from stirring up trouble. The legislature is unable to control the situation and is "temporarily" suspended or dismissed. Local elected officials replaced. The military called in to restore order... It worked for Hitler in 1933.

Here's the thing: You have to have a willing populace in order to do it. You also have to have the complicity of a large percentage of the mechanisms of power. Trump simply doesn't have that. Not to the extent Hitler did.

Although, the absolute batcrap craziness going on in opposition right now isn't helping anyone's case. It isn't making the opposition look like a reasonable alternative. I can tell you that.

Frankly, I am becoming more and more terrified of the day the current opposition elements ever come to power. I fear for my life in the same way you claim you fear what Trump might do to you.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

it very well maybe a oped by a contributing author, and cnn may put a disclaimer saying that these are the authors views.
but it's funny how they always publish views that reflect their reporting and never publish those that are contrary to them.
and on the rare occasion when they do have a interview with some one that has opposing views, they usually have at least three others that support their views and attack the one. i call that ambush reporting.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

How does that compare to InfoWars or GlobalResearch or RT?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: raymundoko

it very well maybe a oped by a contributing author, and cnn my put a disclaimer saying that these are the authors views.
but it's funny how they always publish views that reflect their reporting and never publish those that are contrary to them.
and on the rare ocassion when they do have a interview with some one that has opposing views, they usually have at least three others that support their views and attack the one. i call that ambush reporting.

Even during the "halcyon" Obama days, CNN was the one source I could never really stand to read. I can look at all the others, even HuffPo and Daily Beast and the like (at least they're pretty honest about what they are), but reading CNN is like fingernails on a chalk board. They just rub me wrong. I can even do ABC, CBS and NBC, but not CNN.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here's the thing: You have to have a willing populace in order to do it.

Not willing; just unwilling to resist.

You also have to have the complicity of a large percentage of the mechanisms of power.

Correct; this will ultimately result in Trump being removed from office. It is merely a matter of time before he provides the excuse.

Trump simply doesn't have that. Not to the extent Hitler did.

Agreed. As for the violence of the protesters, they do not represent the majority of those who oppose Trump. In fact, the anarchists may be receiving aid and encouragement from outside, as one member hinted above. It's not George Soros, though.
edit on 1-2-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It's not George Soros, though.

What makes you so sure about that?

www.newsmax.com...

Billionaire liberal activist George Soros is helping fund the airport protests against President Donald Trump's executive order to ban refugees from war-torn Syria indefinitely and suspend visas from seven countries for at least 30 days, as PJ Media reported Sunday.

Soros isn't the only one, but with his track record and history, I'm willing to bet that he is the main one.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It doesn't matter.

Listen to the rhetoric coming from them at all levels.

I am genuinely afraid of what they will do to punish those of us who disagreed with what they wanted, and make no mistake, they view this not as something reasonable people disagree over, but as a personal slight and the height of evil.

They will move to remove Trump, and it may be over nothing but the smallest misstep and then they will take revenge. They may very well become the monster they think they are trying to save themselves from. Think about that and what it will mean.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

How does that compare to InfoWars or GlobalResearch or RT?

never said i like either one of those in fact if you've ever paid any attention to my posts on a threads about info wars, you would know that i consider aj to be a fat blow hard, that makes sh@@ up as he goes along.

as far as GlobalResearch i can't say that i've ever personally been to the site, i may have seen a threads here that used them for a source, but i have a pretty good bs detector.

now RT,
how can anyone put stock in a state run news network, whether they are suppose to have fair andfree elections or not. the state has final say as to what is reported. have you not seen and heard about all the reporters and anchors that have left RT saying that they have to report the way Putin and crew say.

i'll tell you another crap source, VeternsToday. when you have a cheif editor saying 50% of their story are lies, how can anyone trust them.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The long and short of it is that sometimes news is news and sometimes it is heavily edited to fit the agenda.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The rhetoric was for the other members reading this thread, not necessarily yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"Trump gained power legally" - so no that's not a coup

Added:

Common people; this is the kind of stuff that makes people roll their eyes at you; it only serves to defeat your ultimate goal of persuading the people to join you in opposing Trump – because they are going to think that because you are so clearly wackado on this point you might be wackado on the other things you’re trying to point out.
edit on 1-2-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

never really liked CNN, even back in the old days. knew they lied from the get go.
the huffin post, is a joke can't stand them. the daily beast is just maybe a step above a super market tabloid.

now cbs and nbc i can watch, especially cbs. for some reason i like to watch charlie rose when he is on.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

You need to learn to investigate a story before you believe it. Here is the source of that speculation:

The suit was filed by lawyers from the International Refugee Assistance Project, the National Immigration Law Center, the Jerome N. Frank Legal Services Organization at Yale Law School, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and the International Refugee Assistance Project (formerly Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project) at the Urban Justice Center.

The ACLU is massively funded by Soros’s Open Society Foundations, including with a $50 million grant in 2014.

pjmedia.com...

George Soros donates money to lots of organizations. He might not have known about the protests until he saw them on television like the rest of us. Just because the ACLU automatically filed a suit, doesn't mean that the protesters were organized and paid by a shadowy cabal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join