It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Real Crisis for Trump: Russia Attacked Ukraine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"Russian occupation forces carried out massive attacks across the contact line using all available weapons, including (artillery, mortars and tanks) -- all prohibited by the Minsk agreements -- and small arms," the ministry said. At least 26 troops were wounded."

Massive attacks yet only 26 wounded?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Is the OP some form of propagandist?

The article he lists explicitly says the Kiev Regime Forces attacked the Rebels, and the OP puts a title saying "Russia attacked Ukraine"

?????

How dishonest. Absolutely shameful display, OP.

The answer to that is a very clear Yes but ATS knows this already about him.

The OP doesn't have the intellectual ability to frame this correctly.
Yes it is news.
Yes, it could turn out to be something that becomes a crisis.
This is the same OP that posted this way back in 2012.

When Obama takes flip flopping Mitt to the shed on Tuesday, who's with me to put in some money so that we can post a tasteless billboard right in the heart of TX thanking them for motivating Americans to vote against right wing idiots.

The OP has now taken to making sensationalist false misleading claims against the current adminstration, it's a simple case of someone having their panties in a knot.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The Ukraine and the U.S. have something in common Ukraine had a populist prime minister(president) and well, now the U.S. has one even though Bernie out of all of them had the popular vote... so the corrupt entrenched rigged the game in their favor on that side in an attempt to install someone Trump just said the justice department could prosecute not granting her immunity.

"No you're the puppet" was an interesting exchange... Trump would be wise to see the failings of the Ukrainian populist president, aside from the pander to all bases possible, even Hillary with the you guys want UFO and Alien disclosure dontcha? While the republicans were talking waving their "manhood" around like it was an "Extends" commercial.

Three ringed circuses are usually only seen well at a circus, at the movies/tv about a circus or after a wedding.

So hey everyone having their say has been one large peanut gallery, and here we have smooth, and this exhibit is chunky... well call Willy Wonka because we need a chocolate river and maybe once reeses finds some more pieces we all would get a clue.

They'll blame it on Alfred again as everyone manages to scrape by... as per usual or the new status quo for the new world disorder in that reordering and restructuring.

Of course it will be blame it on the internet... again. Then an excuse to limit that like um oh i dunno fake news?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
in April probably Putin will make his move to take Ukraine back into the fold.

US & UK will not do anything againts Russia.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
you can personally ask who attacked whom, and I promise you break the pattern. who understand a conversation in Russian channels Zello
Антимайдан Донецк rollcall of residents different districts and cities DPR, attacks of junta , the presence of water, heating, electricity, telecommunications communication. АТО Донецк the residents of Donetsk, Ukrainian trolls, militias, sometimes known politicians and representatives of intelligence many countries warm ears
edit on 1/2/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

you can personally ask who attacked whom, and I promise you break the pattern. who understand a conversation in Russian channels Zello

What do you mean?
Who attacked who, can you tell us?
edit on 1-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Use your common sense. Why in the world would Ukraine try to provoke Russia. They know Russia would steam roll them especially when Ukraine knows that their allies may not be there for them.

originally posted by: D8Tee

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee I know that Ukraine attack. you can directly, without intermediaries ask. without me, without your media. zello for windows ios android . they'll tell you if you ask in Russian or Ukrainian. I have heard numerous explosions when in the air went out young pregnant woman from Donetsk her courage greater than all Ukrainian junta

edit on 1/2/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Use your common sense. Why in the world would Ukraine try to provoke Russia. They know Russia would steam roll them especially when Ukraine knows that their allies may not be there for them.

What do you mean?

Because the Ukrainian government has been commandeered by the Western elites, through the overthrow of Ukraine's democratically elected government, and they are trying to incite war with Russia.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thank you for the info.
I believe it that the Ukraine went on the offensive.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Americans, defenders of Novorossiya: TEXAS www.youtube.com... and youtu.be... NOVAK youtu.be... HUNTER youtu.be...
edit on 2/2/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

The politics of the "who" doesn't really matter in my opinion. It's only a political issue because upholding our end of the treaty would mean deploying to Russia's backyard, aka war with Russia. It's good to not have a war with Russia, but all of our Baltic allies are seriously doubting us now.

IMO Ukraine should restart their nuclear program, as that was kind of the deal. US, UK, Russia offer protection, Ukraine gives up its nukes. Now that the treaty is actually being tested, neither the US nor UK upheld their part of the treaty. Russia, for obvious reason, isn't either.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
Americans, defenders of Novorossiya: TEXAS www.youtube.com... and youtu.be... NOVAK youtu.be... HUNTER youtu.be...

Seems to be the Ukraine is attacking, not the other way around.
Can you explain the situation over there?
The Ukraine is trying to drag Russia into conflict so NATO gets involved?
edit on 2-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69

Seems to be the Ukraine is attacking, not the other way around.
Can you explain the situation over there?
The Ukraine is trying to drag Russia into conflict so NATO gets involved?

NATO wouldn't get involved as Ukraine is not a member.

The recent conflict resulted in 8 dead Ukrainian soldiers. I haven't heard of any "rebel" casualties, which would have been shouted from Russian rooftops had any been inflicted. That makes me get the sense it was the "rebels" that launched the attack. It was also reported that the "rebels" used weaponry exclusively prohibited by the Minsk agreement, including grenade launchers and tanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
##snipped## Trump has created a mess domestically by plodding his inept dictatorial edicts on the US. As sad as this is for domestic issues, the bigger issue became a larger problem today. Russia attacked Ukraine.......right on queue ##snipped##

Now comes the real test. As hostilities grow and Russia moves to gobble up a part of Ukraine, how is he going to maneuver to protect our ally. NATO most likely called today to see if we're going to stand with them.

Here's where it gets real for Trump. We will have allies dying in this conflict so what is comrade Trump going to do to help our allies? Nothing is not a good enough answer and will most likely be rejected by our allies. With what Trump has done in the last 2 weeks, I have zero confidence that he'll be able to be the "master negotiator" he claims to be to stop the fighting. It's go time and he needs to resolve this issue whether he likes it or not.

www.cnn.com...
edit on Tue Jan 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Wow your not big on reality are you? This fighting has been going on for years this isn't new they go thru this every couple of months. They are not US allies they aren't part of Nato main reasons Obama didn't get involved. As dar as Russia invading this is the last thing Putin would want hes hoping he can repair relations with the US and has been making moves to do so. If Russian troops were still there Ukraine wouldn't be making these advances they pulled out most of there military. This is why Ukraine is making this move it was to be expected. When they see an opportunity to retake some land there going to take it. Without Russian support the rebels will lose territory as we are seeing. In truth this puts both Putin and Trump into a rough spot. Putin is watching a country destabilize right on the Russian border. His choices are pretty clear he can let it continue and have a huge mess on his front door. Or send the troops back in to balance it out again leading back to a stalemate. Trump can do what Obama did ignore it and treat it as a civil war and just tell Russia to stay out. Or send military aid to Ukraine to try to give them an advantage but this would cause a huge humanitarian crises that countries around them wouldn't be able to handle.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Thank you.
I'm a science kinda guy.
Military isn't my forte.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Obviously,ATS accepts false threads now..

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well to be fair, the Ukrainian issue goes a bit deeper. Eastern Ukraine is still...Ukraine. The only reason the rebels have any hold there is because as soon as the Ukrainian military moves in, so does the Russian military.

Moscow still to this day denies any state sponsored activity in East Ukraine despite all of the documented evidence. Then there's Crimea, while an autonomous nation, was still part of Ukraine. Very similar to the makeup of the USA, with it's 50 states, it would be like Mexico annexing California because there are so many ethnic Mexicans there.

Putin is actually causing the destabilization in Ukraine right now with his actions, and the non-action of the rest of the world is allowing it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Thank you.
I'm a science kinda guy.
Military isn't my forte.

I prefer science too, not big on the military, however the Ukrainian crisis really piqued my interest for some reason and I researched it. A lot.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Can you explain why we should trust Russian sponsored rebel propaganda? In fact, how do we know it is even coming from Donetsk?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join