It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no mental illness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Yes, it's just an easy money making scheme. Of course a more virtuous field like industry is too difficult so the psychiatrist takes the easy way out as legalized drug dealers.

You ever wondered why Wal-greens and CVS are on a street corner? It's to emulate the street corner drug dealer, alcohol bootlegger.
edit on 18-1-2017 by supermilkman because: i should say psychiatrists, not all doctors or medicine is bad.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

mental health?

That's it right there.

You're either mentally healthy, or mentally ill.

Mental illness exists. It can be minor and imperceptible or severe and debilitating. It has a broad spectrum of forms and causes.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
a reply to: dreamingawake

The side effects and withdrawals from medications leads to the "symptoms" of another mental illness.

It's nothing but a carefully planned racket. People have at the most behavioral problems and that's it.

Then again one should ask maybe their behavioral problems stem from life situation? Maybe one is angry because they were just laid off from their job and not bi-polar?

Maybe one is mourning the loss to a loved one which is why they're depressed?

Why do these doctors feel like they have to profit off other's mental health? Because they don't care about helping you, they only care about making money off of you.

The patient is just a guinea pig to make money.

I've been friends with and still am in contact with people who are schizophrenic and bi-polar(is not directly caused by loss). Even if their life is perfect, they are not depressed from life situations(which we may all end up with from time to time), they deal with these chemical imbalances. You can't just turn it off. That's what the medicine does it suppresses the firing of neurons that aide these imbalances, etc.

Albeit there are a lot of money grubbers in the medical field, as any career. It's up to the person to try to find the right care that is trustworthy, the medicine-alternative or not- and to see what works for them. Some may even need help with that search for the physician that can help them best and or medicine. Indeed many of the medications for these less understood mental illnesses have caused problems, such as suicide in teens when they were prescribed the medication while it being very cautioned to do so.
edit on 18-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Dyscalculia exists if you can PROVE it through testing, it is the result of a brain impairment I was born with.
I have been in and out of the mental health system COMPLETELY and it doesn't exist as a unified science it is HIGHLY susceptible to politics and opinion. And the PTSD which of course carries the "KILLBOT" stigmata.
and a PLETHORA of symptoms you haven't the SLIGHTEST idea are a problem.
BUT HEY the Chief of Psychiatry has pronounced me sane and of course the "unique" label to cover the weird thing
THROW in rampant creativity and the game is REALLY hard to get a baseline.
I JUST found out WHAT impairment I have LAST JUST by an MRI I have an abnormal brain.
There is a description but I don't speak that language and the VA said its a birth defect so THEY won't explain it through a neurologist,money issues and all
One group( VA / ColSpgs)wants to STOP pot consumption because they regard it the same way as the feds and insist on the use of SSRIs.(Denver is aware I am doing another ...plant option)
HOW ever I have had a very adverse reaction to an SSRI, how STUPID do you have to be to alter a combatants emotional structure by pacification only to have them NUKE him later when he misses doses?
I would MUCH rather live with the pain that be uncertain about loosing control.
PEOPLES LIVES can be endangered.
NO SSRIs for bonzo.

edit on 18-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yeah I've been around bi-polar people with severe affections making it almost impossible to survive, and profoudnly affecting their loves ones.'

What I think you are missing here, it may not be brain chemistry, it may be diet, it may be a combination of genetics, nature vs. nature, it may be many, many things. It may even be targeting. It's been reported and substantiated in legal law suits.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

mental health?

That's it right there.

You're either mentally healthy, or mentally ill.

Mental illness exists. It can be minor and imperceptible or severe and debilitating. It has a broad spectrum of forms and causes.

Maybe one has poor mental health because they are actually financially poor? Maybe malnourishment is the reason why some are unhealthy?

One thing is for sure, your rich fat cats are not liked. If you weren't depressed I would consider you crazy.
edit on 18-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If you look at these mass murders in the past years as examples: What is a common theme, besides the said conspiracy of SSRIs? It is failed mental health. Whether influenced and brainwashed by ISIS or other, or not to carry out their atrocities you are NOT dealing with someone who is mentally sane.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

Yeah I've been around bi-polar people with severe affections making it almost impossible to survive, and profoudnly affecting their loves ones.'

What I think you are missing here, it may not be brain chemistry, it may be diet, it may be a combination of genetics, nature vs. nature, it may be many, many things. It may even be targeting. It's been reported and substantiated in legal law suits.

Good for pointing that out it very well could be a combination of many factors. The people I knew, for ex., had a rough upbringing and their mother was unstable while their child was in the womb. That as well may have been due to genetics, poverty, ex heavy drug use of the parents, and the parent's own mental illness.
edit on 18-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Look, I'm not defending killling on any level. But there's a lot of evidence that someonething else was at work here. Many of those people led "successful" lives. Perhpas we should redefine success. They say, you know, the sociapathic narcisisstic, hold all the positions of power, control and success.

But I would really wish you would look more deeply into is perhaps other causes than mental illness.'

regards,
tetra

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

then by your logic - malaria isnt real either ?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. There are many variables that are ignored when psychiatrists give diagnosis codes.

Lifestyle, income bracket, whether they drink or drug, nutrition, phase of life development, infectious diseases etc.

There's really no such thing as "normal" except in being healthy. However the system does need reformation for more people to have a better quality of life.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
have you taken a good look at a phage, a gern?
They look surprising human made: all sharap angles and symmettry: nothing really found in nature. Surely you are aware that there's been a long agenda to foment a world plague. a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

YOur words put my in mind of several years ago, there tended to be a "blame the patient," for his/her quality of life and life choices. I wonder if those that don't fit the current sociopathic, narcissistic paradigm, (i.e.) drug addicts, alcoholics) are not desirable enough. And so they begin to experience shizoid behavior patterns and can usually not get help, for they are blamed for their behavior.

I want what you want: a cetain quality of life. But I don't ascribe to the usual, obviously. In other words, we are tested, put in pain, and those who fail, seeking lack of pain, are being culled, qutie purposefully. Oh, and I thnk this is quite obviously the "system." Not designed to help, but to create a huge windfall of cash pretending to help, whilst making people sicker, as they live in a sicker and sicker paradigm.
tetra
edit on 18-1-2017 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I agree to an extent that "mental illness" is over diagnosed to the point that many who beleive they have some form of mental illness have simply been coerced by clever marketing and deceptive practices seeking monetary gain. But there are measures in imbalances of brain chemistry. These are essentially scientific measurements and variables of certain hormones and things like serotonin and dopamine are commonly known, as well as a handful of other things. It has also been documented that external stimulation to reduce or increase the natural levels have effects on mood and behavior.

So with that in mind, most extreme mental illnesses and the standard $$ scrip treatable ones are a result of our body being exposed to some kind of element or pollution that has an effect on our natural levels. What about people who have whatever natural levels of these hormones and brain chemicals, but are still violently psychotic? Can those people be considered mentally ill?

I was in juvenile detention for 21 days once, and in that time I met a larger but seemingly mild mannered kid. He enjoyed eating glass, and had to be in a room by himself for whatever reason for extra guard. He eventually smuggled a loose staple from an office evaluation back to his room. He tried to cut himself open with it in the shower and then retreated into is room completely exposed and started a game of try to break in with the guards. It took them a minute, he really was a big kid. He had shat all over and smeared it everywhere.

Honestly at the time I was a jerk and found it all amusing. In hindsight, I feel bad for the tortured soul, and wonder what drives someone to that level of behavior. Clearly if there is a clear cut case of someone being mentally ill, wouldn't that fit the bill??

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

We have a mental health epidemic in Australia at the moment, in my lifetime i have lost 6 mates from suicide, we have a problem and mental health is one of them but its an evolving science, we have come along way since the old drilling in the head.

But to give you an example, surgery in the past doctors/ surgeons used to dig up graves to experiment and learn from now look at modern day surgery.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kazber
Most mental disorders are really just B/S, but what is worst than a person that is unhappy and gets labeled with depression, is not or miss diagnosis.

I am a person that went thru most of my life thinking the way I feel was normal. Waking up everyday and my first thought was to harm myself. Not know that the voices in my head were not my own.

I did have a tuff go at life but I think some things would have been easier if I knew and got help for what was going on upstairs.

I understand how the systoms for Schizophrenia don't make sense to you, but believe me that they are on point and thats what is so hard about it, haveing conflicting thoughts going on in your head.

Everyday its a fight in my head! From the min I wake up, to the sec I fall asleep.

Its real, and its not fun

Have you tried eastern-style meditation? Some Buddhist circles teach this concept called mushin or no-thought. It's an exercise to clear the mind of negative ruminating thoughts. Everyone has internal dialogue, don't think you're alone in this. A pessimistic and depressed worldview was considered virtuous by old writers and philosophers like Nietsche(?).

Sometimes staying busy can keep your mind off yourself. I think perspective change is the best way to mitigate depressive feelings. Change your perspective/outlook on the universe.

Here's an exercise: pretend you're an astronaut that has been flying through space for months. Imagine the take off, the turbulence, blasting through Earth's atmosphere into the dark abyss. Imagine being in free floating zero gravity and in pure isolation.

Another thing you could try is camping for a few days out in the wilderness or go to a homeless shelter to feed the needy. It might make you more appreciative for the things you do have.

They're just exercises but the idea is changing your thinking. Change your perspective.

edit on 18-1-2017 by supermilkman because: typos

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Either you yourself are in need of diagnosis and medication, but let delusions and paranoia control you, or you're too oblivious to observe the difference between someone on their badly needed meds and NOT on their badly needed meds. Ever seen an unmedicated bi-polar person cycle? Ever seen them during their manic episodes? BTDT as the unwilling audience, it's hell on them & everyone around them, and absolutely not normal by any means.

I believe self-control is something you learn with maturity. As for delusions I think that when in a crisis situation the "crazy" person would ground themself with reality.

An example being when someone gives themself a new persona or identity for fantasy role-playing. They pretend they're some alter ego but the second they were to let's say have a medical emergency and end up in a hospital they would use their real social security number and identity, not their made up persona.

Often times delusions is just not being grounded with reality and some like to lie rather than tell the true. Lying isn't a mental health problem, that is a moral problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

YOur words put my in mind of several years ago, there tended to be a "blame the patient," for his/her quality of life and life choices. I wonder if those that don't fit the current sociopathic, narcissistic paradigm, (i.e.) drug addicts, alcoholics) are not desirable enough. And so they begin to experience shizoid behavior patterns and can usually not get help, for they are blamed for their behavior.

I want what you want: a cetain quality of life. But I don't ascribe to the usual, obviously. In other words, we are tested, put in pain, and those who fail, seeking lack of pain, are being culled, qutie purposefully. Oh, and I thnk this is quite obviously the "system." Not designed to help, but to create a huge windfall of cash pretending to help, whilst making people sicker, as they live in a sicker and sicker paradigm.
tetra

Drug addicts and alcoholics are seen as undesirable because it's unhealthy and breaks homes.

I'll admit that psych wards are used as step downs for crime and violent behavior.

Drugs and alcohol are bad but there are environmental factors that leads one into using psychoactive substances to cope with stress.

If we had true system reformation, new currency, replacing militaries, changing our grid etc we would have a better quality of life.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

We have a mental health epidemic in Australia at the moment, in my lifetime i have lost 6 mates from suicide, we have a problem and mental health is one of them but its an evolving science, we have come along way since the old drilling in the head.

But to give you an example, surgery in the past doctors/ surgeons used to dig up graves to experiment and learn from now look at modern day surgery.

I'd say the mental health system should be replaced with behavioral, natural holistic treatment centers.

The mental illness labels are too debilitating for some to gain employment after diagnosing.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've just one thing to say ... Lorena Bobbitt!

Hide your balls guys haha

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join