It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Fake News Icons Battle Over Their Fake Trump Russia Dossie Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah I get where you're coming from BFFT.

I'm just miffed at it all I suppose. It's like a circus act where the show runs 24/7 and all you can do is gawk at what's before you. Every time a new act comes out you think ' well this can't be any better/worse than the last one'.

And every time I'm wrong.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you can dislike the man, and not be alarmed by the possibility of a compromised POTUS.

This is by far an order of magnitude worse than Obama's birth certificate. That was some kind of technicality dreamed up by birthers to try and get Obama removed from office.

We're talking about the very office of the POTUS being compromised and our national security at risk.

If you want to downplay it as "mud slinging" that's your prerogative -- but I'd urge you to take these allegations a bit more seriously. Failure to do so indicates that your dislike for the man may not be as strong as you suggest.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Im hoping that the Russian claims will be investigated and handled. Im sick to death of illegal acts being completely ignored.

I absolutely have no illusions that Donald is a "good man".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Im not interested in how Trump's screw ups can be compared to anyone else.

I AM interested in seeing the claims investigated and handled.

Im uneasy about "President Pence". I think moreso than "President Trump".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That's all I want and kind of the point I keep trying to make.

If Donald supporters keep supporting every single thing he does and says, then there will be no investigations until after he's out of office or being impeached for some illegal shenanigans.

They voted for a guy who made promises. Promises the likes of which we've never really seen in modern elections.

His feet needs to be held to that fire if his supporters expect him to remember who got him to where he is in the first 3 years of his Presidency.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I'm just miffed at it all I suppose. It's like a circus act where the show runs 24/7 and all you can do is gawk at what's before you. Every time a new act comes out you think ' well this can't be any better/worse than the last one'.

~Tenth

I guess we're all a little bit jaded these days.

But if even half the allegations about Trump are true, this bodes very badly for the sovereignty of America.

I suppose in the end, we shouldn't be surprised at all that at a high level, politicians sell out their own countries for profit -- but again does that make it right, justified or morally correct?

Does being tired of scandals make it OK to let one slide?

If someone doesn't like or support Trump, then the possibility of Trump's organization having deep, deep financial ties to Russia should be quite alarming. It isn't something that should be pushed away as distasteful simply because one is "tired of the drama". It doesn't work like that.

I get the feeling some people want to be diplomatic and not really take a firm stand. It comes across as really just a way to keep one's hands clean and provide plausible deniability when the inevitable cards fall onto the table.

It's a way of standing back and being on both sides at the same time, in order to reap in the benefits of being on the winning side in the end.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

But if even half the allegations about Trump are true, this bodes very badly for the sovereignty of America.

As somebody who has followed the FCR and the other half dozen institutions that really run the world, I forget that Trump is really going to have very little to do with the overall running of the country and world politics at large.

This is the primary reason why things hardly change when we change ruling political parties in America. Most of it is just a ruse to keep Americans staring at the wrong place.

It's a way of standing back and being on both sides at the same time, in order to reap in the benefits of being on the winning side in the end.

That's what they've ALL been doing for the last 50 years my friends. Democrat and republican alike. They only reason they take a hard stance on anything is going to correlate with how their constituency polls on those issues.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think it's the blow back of partisanship. The left did the same when it came to Hillary and Obama. Well those who didn't jump ship because of her or him anyway like myself. I don't even know what to do anymore after Hillary got away with everything. OK investigate Trump, but who's going to investigate him? We have no real rule of law, who do we trust to do it? Who CAN we trust at this point? The media has gone screwy, our intelligence agencies have time and again been caught in lies and manipulations not to mention outright abusing we the people when it suits them. They're all lying deceitful #s, including Trump, Putin, other governments, other intelligence agencies. Is a tangled web we weave.

Finding truth is getting to be overwhelming and impossible. Which I think is the point. When no one can know the truth any statement becomes both absurd and plausible at the same time.
edit on 1/15/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

~Tenth

This is the sort of logic that they hope you to use......"even half". That way they don't even need to produce a shred of real damaging evidence. And "allegations" are the bread and butter of propaganda mills.

Even half amounts to about Jack SH*T in everything but politics and religion.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yeah can't disagree with that.

For decades now the prime goal of globalists was to divide and conquer a country using whatever means necessary.

The media and journalism ended up being their ultimate weapon on the war of minds. What better way to keep the status quo than to have everybody suspicious of everybody, everybody thinks their side is right, the other side is lying.

Hell most people now think both sides are lying all the time.

Where do we go from here? Is the truth even out there anymore? lol

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't know. I think... what we're seeing is the tactics used with UFO's applied to the rest of reality. It was/is so successful a tactic that it's gone into a much broader application of use.

With the internet people became capable of communicating with each other everywhere, even outside government control. There's no way to stop it. But stopping it isn't necessary, not when you can just throw so much mud into the pond the truth becomes impossible to find among all the muck.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Im uneasy about "President Pence". I think moreso than "President Trump".

I have been suspicious of this from the very start of the VP process. Although I have no "proof" per se, I think Pence was very carefully and strategically chosen for a particular reason:.

He was chosen not necessarily by Trump, but by the "establishment," so that when (if) Trump leaves the office of the presidency before his term is up (either through resignation, impeachment, assassination, or otherwise), the guy who will replace him will be a hardcore partisan like was wanted all along, and the agenda can continue full force.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yeah I feel like if he'd taken Ted Nugent for example, he probably would not have won.

Astute observation

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

They're all lying deceitful #s, including Trump, Putin, other governments, other intelligence agencies. Is a tangled web we weave.

Finding truth is getting to be overwhelming and impossible. Which I think is the point. When no one can know the truth any statement becomes both absurd and plausible at the same time.

Its overwhelming only if a person believes that news agencies ever were in quest of truth. Or that truth ever had some real position as a governing factor in the press. Just lame old overblown tabloid and social political commentary from libs and the control groups. No better than how half truth props up school text books and the granting of new talking heads some sort of platform of vision to tell the rest of us whats going on. And its pure form its just pure bull sh*t. The most interesting thing about the press is how it can talk with its mouth full.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There was a day where this sort of news would not have qualified to make it to the news desk. Remember the reporting on this was taking place before anything that looked like evidence was presented as supporting. Should have had that quality from the beginning. Now it just looks like crap piled on crap.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk
There's evidence to suggest that is true.

Post the evidence.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The problem is that there's "something" about mankind that is deteriorating. Anybody else over age 40 get that impression?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
One thing I do agree with Ben Smith on is that what CNN did was worse. The put out an incorrect claim, that the intelligence services briefed Trump that Russia had compromising information on him, and also dressed the claim by talking about how their sources were all good and verified. They pushed a fake narrative onto the American people. Buzzfeed pushed an unverified document out and said it was unverified and in some cases known to be fake.

CNN will just have to wear their fake news badge until they can prove themselves reliable. They have much work to do to restore their credibility.

Once fake always fake. How can a liar be believed in the future when caught in a lie?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Although it would very easy for Donald to prove us all wrong by releasing his tax returns. But he's not really into the whole transparency thing post winning the election it seems.

~Tenth

Do you know why Donald Trump won't release his tax returns?

For the same reason Warren Buffet won't release his, either.

How ironic it was when Buffet was campaigning for Clinton. Specifically, Buffet was calling out Trump for not releasing his tax returns.

Buffet said on stage with Hillary and I quote:

Donald, I will meet with you anytime anywhere to go over my tax returns!

Notice the sleight of hand that was just pulled? Buffet said he would meet with Trump and share his tax returns with Trump. But Buffet wouldn't share his tax returns with the entire American public.

I wonder why?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Trump released his financial information, and it is publicly available.

pfds.opensecrets.org...
pfds.opensecrets.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join