It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend wants to leave me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
And when he's served with the restraint order, he might even get her autograph!

See, OP? Think positive.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: network dude

LOL...only if you put them in front of a speaker and play Marilynn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President"

Wait, what?

Um..how did you know about that? Oh wait, you were speaking of yourself.......yea, um....never mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Just let her go. If you try to fit yourself into a mold that satifies her, but not you, then your relationship will be a lie.

That's not to say that you shouldn't evaluate yourself for improvement/refinement, but don't become someone else just because you think its what she wants.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
let her go, if she said she isn't putting her all into it and is willing to let the relationship go, then that's a huge red flag, I'm sure the sex was great and all, but you need to find someone who will put their all into it, no matter what, and not let the relationship fade or fail. maybe she is not putting her all into it because someone is putting their all into her ATM? playing devils advocate here, and bias with my own experience with this exact same thing. trust me though, let this one go, you're in lust with her, that's all, this too shall pass.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Have some respect for yourself and don't fight for someone that doesn't want to be with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I remember seeing a meme where a guy posted a story much like you did here in a twitter type format, and the next post said "try hitting her", then the meme theme said "why it's a bad idea to ask for relationship advice online" Made me giggle, but I can't find it, so you'll just have to imagine you saw it too.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind as well is if shes on her period. I can't tell you how many times my girl has weird emotions and mood swings that time of the month.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As a female whose been on both sides of this equation, please let her go. If she has made up her mind, there's nothing you can do or say that will convince her. All you're doing is pushing her further and further away. It's hard, and it sucks, but you need to collect yourself up and try to move on.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If she doesn't want you, you don't need her.
Tell her to not let the door hit her in the ass when she leaves.

Sound Advice right there....
2nd

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Send her packing . Plenty of others out there .

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Stop chasing her, for a couple of reasons

A - you cant make somebody love you

B - You become 10x more appealing if you don't chase her.

Once in the friend zone, there's no getting out....

don't listen to that friend zone garbage, only losers talk in those terms. first off, women don't owe you ##, understand. second, Ive been friends with women who I've later slept with, and honestly, those turned out to be the better relationships, so you can go check yourself fool. You're right about A & B, but you gotta drop that friend zone crap outta your vocab right away....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You sound like you are about 19 or 20. This is what I would and have told my sons.

Dont shed one effing tear at least not that she sees. Dont write her a stupid ass love note declaring how much you cant live without her and dont threaten to kill yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What did you do to her man?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Stop chasing her, for a couple of reasons

A - you cant make somebody love you

B - You become 10x more appealing if you don't chase her.

Once in the friend zone, there's no getting out....

don't listen to that friend zone garbage, only losers talk in those terms. first off, women don't owe you ##, understand. second, Ive been friends with women who I've later slept with, and honestly, those turned out to be the better relationships, so you can go check yourself fool. You're right about A & B, but you gotta drop that friend zone crap outta your vocab right away....

Adding to these two posts. Do not "hang out" with her until you are completely over her. Give her the gift of missing you even if you don't have something planned or you are aching to see her(say you have plans, no need to be ugly about things). Start seeing other women and teach yourself how to have fun again. Improve yourself, and you will find you have many options.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So glad I don't have the inclination to cultivate romantic relationships.

So you need to be attentive and caring but not too much, you need to be yourself but better, you need to be willing to make sacrifices and show affection, but again not too much. You need to both be single and both need to have become the truest version of yourselves. You need to be willing to fight for the relationship but not too much or it comes off as 'needy' Tack on to that whatever else the other person wants and then maybe you'll be in a relationship that is fulfilling and doesn't fade to the point of mutually despising one another.

Reminds me so much of that futurama quote.

"You're bluffing! No creature would willingly make an idiot out of itself!" "Obviously you've never been in love!"
edit on 2017-01-12T15:38:45-06:002017Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:38:45 -0600v000000452017-01-12T15:38:45-06:002017Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:38:45 -0600Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:38:45 -0600 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Gonna hop on the bandwagon and say: "plenty of other fish in the sea".

Even if u would succeed winning her heart back, whatever you've been through (I guess u could call it a "break") will leave it's mark. It's a precedent that'll remind you she doesn't love you unconditionally. It'll remind her that when it comes down it, she'll have the upper hand and can always pull out the "I'm having doubts about our relationship" card in the future.

If there's a specific reason she's having doubts, she should've been trying to resolve it with you long before she got the point of already "not feeling it anymore". If there isn't a specific reason, or she doesn't know why (she just feels like that), it should be a reminder you'll be at the mercy of "what she feels" for the rest of your relationship.

There's no point fighting for a woman who has no interest in fighting for you.

Just do what we all do, drink, go out, have a good time with your brobeans and eventually the sting of unrequited love will fade. Best of luck bud!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Adding my vote to let her go. ANY attention you give her makes her stronger and you weaker. Been there; done that, and I'm telling you walk away and don't look back. Give her ZERO attention. Don't be "just a friend." That's poison to you. She is no longer part of your world. (And I would say the same to a female in the opposite circumstances.) Set yourself free.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
Okay, I met someone of the kind that one can't believe you're theirs. Obviously with the title I have I'm not her's currently as of the past two days. Looking for advice on any way I could convince her to stay with me. She's saying it's because she's not been giving it her all, but if what she had done over the past couple of months isn't her all, then I want to try to get it instead of lose all of it.

If you need more details to help answer my quest. Feel free to ask, though anything about messages sent between me and her are probably going to have to go through pm if I even feel it's appropriate. Thanks if you can help, don't just say I'm screwed and a looser, the messages between me and here are so freakishly similar to when I dumped my ex fiancée so I already know how bad the situation is.

You should ask yourself "what would Jesus do?"

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hey man I'm sorry to hear about that.

You can try where I have found success...

Give her the chance for her heart to grow fonder of you, and in the meantime show yourself what she has been taking for granted.
She probably has complaints that may have been points of arguments against you, take what she said to heart and make yourself the better for it...use those arguments to your advantage.
I doubt I'd cut my hair or shave my beard to win her back...

If her arguments were over petty bs, you're better off without her.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Why not just be friends?
Two of my most trusted friends are ex deep love's, and I'm friends with every ex gf.
Get over the break and grow up I say if no party has done anything nasty and horrible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join