It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel Chiefs Presented Trump With Claims Russians Tried To Compromise Him

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You could very well be right.

I think we should sit back and see where this goes, if it goes anywhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What the hell is going on? I got a feeling they are going to try to get Trump empeached over some false allegations.

Why are you so sure they're false?

Impeached? That would be very generous and very kind. If this turns into what it's looking like - impeachment will look like a gift

Well since the burden of proof is on the proclaimer and they are the ones making the proclamations, I'd say the ball is in their Court.

I didn't say the particular allegations in this OP were false or not but that they will try to get him on SOME false allegations whatever they may be.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I didn't say the particular allegations in this OP were false or not but that they will try to get him on SOME false allegations whatever they may be.

:-)

If they get him on the allegations that aren't false - the false ones won't matter

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
it's the old .....

multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN

again !!

You people do realize that this is intelligence/classified stuff, right?

The USA cannot keep our spies safe and in position if we reveal our sources. This isn't a celebrity scandal in the private sector. This is geopolitics with covert intelligence gathering agents.

We're not going to get names of the people providing this information. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

You people went stark raving mad about intelligence leaks and the possible damage and lives it puts at risk, but yet demand the names and sources of our highly secretive assets abroad.

You don't get your cake and the ability to eat it too.

That's not how spy-craft and espionage works.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

If they get him on the allegations that aren't false - the false ones won't matter

Which ones would those be? Or are you speaking hypothetically?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I love the hypocrisy tonight.

"It's fake! It's just desperate rumors!"

The people saying that here? They didn't (and still don't) care about the credibility of any Clinton hit piece.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: tigertatzen

The statement about war was not actually made by Putin himself but by Vladimir Zhirinovsky, seen as a Putin ally who might float Putin's ideas. This Zhirinovsky guy and Trump seem to have many clownish similaritie,s and maybe both are Putin's useful idiots.

After a lifetime of observation, it seems to me that there are two kinds of people, those that listen to good advice and agree, and then those that listen but need to learn the hard way. .... I gave birth to one of each kind lol

Yeah, that's why I said it's the story...not his actual words. I personally don't believe he said anything about it at all. But it is downright creepy how people were (and still are) so quick to believe that he did. They actually think that Mini Mitts single-handedly averted war with Russia because of what some other buffoon alleged, even though it didn't come from Putin. And I think you're right...both of them are useful to him.

Putin himself has said that he feels badly for the American people. Because we're being played for fools. He's been telling everyone what they're up to since long before the election really got underway, but no one cared. All anyone cared about was whose kitty cat ole Tiny Tarsals was grabbing and what various things might be lurking beneath Hillary's pantsuits. Putin knows they're all working together. He's a smart man.

I think you are right, there are people who listen and those who don't (I only have one child, so she has had her moments of each, lol)...but it seems that this country is largely comprised of the latter. Strong emotion and common sense rarely mix well, and that has been a huge advantage to the people orchestrating all of this. Take the emotion and the outrage out of it and really look at not only what has been said and done, but also...and in this case especially...what has not.

Someone else made this analogy recently, but it bears repeating...if you're trying to figure out a magic trick, don't watch the hand the magician tells you to. Look at what the other hand is doing, because that's where the trick is being played.
edit on 311212America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jan 2017 00:12:46 -060031am3110America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DickBrisket

(?) Um, ok. Reply was directed at the op, but feel free to interject there, Brisket. It appears you are rearing to fire up the buffalo and put some military surplus hardware to good use on your fellow citizens. As long as the use of force is disproportionate and you are well insulated, I am sure you are oscar mike.

Maybe somewhere along the way you will ask yourself why the dnc was unwilling to have Comey's FBI get its hands on their servers? Or why the DNI won't share source material with the POTUS-elect? When your head clears in the morning, look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, "Whose side am I on?" Do you even know? Or is it all good as long as you get to kick some liberal ass?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

it's the old .....

again !!

The USA cannot keep our spies safe and in position if we reveal our sources. This isn't a celebrity scandal in the private sector. This is geopolitics with covert intelligence gathering agents.

We're not going to get names of the people providing this information. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

You people went stark raving mad about intelligence leaks and the possible damage and lives it puts at risk, but yet demand the names and sources of our highly secretive assets abroad.

True in most cases. But in this case it is likely Trump will be POTUS by the time anything comes of this (if and when). That being said whoever the source is better get his ass home safe to do his thing because the "highly confident" opinion ain't gonna fly with that go-round.

Now I'm not against impeaching Trump just because I support him. Burn his ass if he is in cahoots. But they better have some real hard undeniable PROOF before they go trying to impeach the President of The United States.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: neo96

"It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

I forgot.

Last time Reid thought something was explosive was Romney tax returns.

This is not Reid...This is the GOP heads of Senate Intelligence plus NSA, CIA, FBI et al. and evidence gathered by a well respected former MI6 agent that was originally hired to investigate his Russian ties early last year..by one of Trumps GOP competitors.

The US intelligence community knows the guy...and now has confirmed some of his evidence by tracking down his original sources.

THIS is serious...

It is indeed VERY serious. This is BIG BIG BIG.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I recommend everyone see this video interviewing Garry Kasparov regarding the Trump/Putin alliance. For those that don't know him, he's a master chess player that questioned Putin and now lives in NY as a political dissident.

Like all "liberals" we do not advocate war with Russia, but we do want to keep this tyrant in check.

Two main points here:

1. Putin was Russia's issue, but because of the Trump/Putin alliance, this will become a global problem.

2. If you add two and two together, Trump was bailed out of a bankruptcy by Russian banks that are controlled by Putin. Putin now wants to have his back scratched now and is partly the reason why you are seeing several Russian friendly appointments by Trump. If there was ever a conflict of interest, this would be the shining example on the hill.

www.yahoo.com...

Before right wingers try to discredit Kasperov, ask yourself this question, how would you react if this was an Obama/Putin alliance or if Obama was indebted to Putin.
edit on 11-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I was just having a bit of fun at your expense

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

So not only do they get their puppet in but they also have blackmail material as insurance, in case he considers doing his own thing.

I'm glad I already like vodka.

As crazy as it sounds that is pretty spot on what they are claiming!

Weather this is false or not there is about to be a big SH!7 storm. I expect a statement by the Trump team in a matter of hours from now.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

"This is totally false! False! FAKE NEWS! Firstly, I would never, ever ever stay in a Ritz Carlton! Ever! Terrible hotels, the worst! Absolutely terrible. They don't know how to run a hotel like I do, and lots of people tell me how fantastic my hotels are by the way!!"

I'm sure it will be a well thought out, logical, intelligent and compelling retort by Trump.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So the NY Times has started the media push back.

The decision of top intelligence officials to give the president, the president-elect and the so-called Gang of Eight — Republican and Democratic leaders of Congress and the intelligence committees — what they know to be unverified, defamatory material was extremely unusual.

They have had quite a bit of time to source and substantiate this material.

Intelligence officials were concerned that the information would leak before they informed Mr. Trump of its existence, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the summary is classified and talking about it would be a felony.

But talking about it they are, albeit anonymously. This information would not have come back around and been presented in this context if it had not been vetted to a certain extent, imo. The fact that the intelligence community is withholding source verification and declining to name operatives involved speaks volumes to the sensitive, inflammatory nature of this material and the risk it poses to those in possession of it.

NY Times article

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

it's the old .....

again !!

Now I'm not against impeaching Trump just because I support him. Burn his ass if he is in cahoots. But they better have some real hard undeniable PROOF before they go trying to impeach the President of The United States.

They checked sources before they sat him down and let him know that they knew he was compromised.

Clapper and Comey...whatever you think of them ...are Men and can give straight talk to a man-baby, President Elect or not.

the memos were circulating as far back as last summer. What has changed since then is that US intelligence agencies have now checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough to include some of the information in the presentations to the President and President-elect a few days ago.

Some guy on twitter commented that this is like a crappy season of 24 and we are all auxiliary characters.

It is interesting to see where it leads.

And yes...If you can get impeached for a BJ, You can get impeached for collaborating and conspiring with a foreign power to seize the US Presidency...You can get a whole lot worse than impeached for that...

The GOP have now postponed their confirmation hearing for Trumps CIA Director nominee...they said it was a time thing etc. But it could be that SH*& is hitting the fan.
edit on 11-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I was just having a bit of fun at your expense

Its all good nothing new round here

Im (usually) a good sport about it.

we will be hearing A LOT more about this tomorow (well today technically) and in the coming months.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I love the hypocrisy tonight.

"It's fake! It's just desperate rumors!"

The people saying that here? They didn't (and still don't) care about the credibility of any Clinton hit piece.

Yeah, my thread got scraped because these triggered lot can't take what they dish out, uh huh.

Seems we can only take about stuff the main clientele enjoys.

Doesn't change ol pee pee mouth or the karma up in here!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You just know the writers for House of Cards are drinking themselves to death and having full-blown melt downs.

I mean, how can they top what's been going on in actual reality lately with their show?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

it's the old .....

again !!

They checked sources before they sat him down and let him know that they knew he was compromised.

Clapper and Comey...whatever you think of them ...are Men and can give straight talk to a man-baby, President Elect or not.

the memos were circulating as far back as last summer. What has changed since then is that US intelligence agencies have now checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough to include some of the information in the presentations to the President and President-elect a few days ago.

Some guy on twitter commented that this is like a crappy season of 24 and we are all auxiliary characters.

It is interesting to see where it leads.

And yes...If you can get impeached for a BJ, You can get impeached for collaborating and conspiring with a foreign power to seize the US Presidency...You can get a whole lot worse than impeached for that...

The GOP have now postponed their confirmation hearing for Trumps CIA Director nominee...they said it was a time thing etc. But it could be that SH*& is hitting the fan.

I feel like this is bigger than the DNC hacks! This is insane!

I dont think there will be a bigger story in 2017 unless we go to war with Russia. Man O man if this is true Putin is playing one hell of a hand, one that might just get him shot at the poker game...him and Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join