It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transition TV activated.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

It did not work! Too late, too little.
Changes rarely come from the inside.

Imagine for a second Hillary would have won the election.
What would be the news today ??

"Boots on the ground in Syria ?"
"Turkey gone rogue?"

You tell me.

I don't know if this will end up good, i do hope so.
I know i'm happy somethings actually seems to change...

as promised * years ago by someone else.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

It did not work! Too late, too little.
Changes rarely come from the inside.

it is working, its happening, we are about to see a whole world of change, inside meaning the populous or the politicians? Remember the game, years ago, called Civilisation? the algorithms in that game were crude, but could still detect populous unrest ...... how times have changed from then to now, unrest has changed in that time, we now have VR and such like, eating and drinking are less important, keep calm and carry on sheds a whole new light on the 21st Century

Imagine for a second Hillary would have won the election.
What would be the news today ??

"Boots on the ground in Syria ?" nope would never have happened without Coalition approval, once UK Parliament voted no, Obama was on a hiding to nothing ..... that's why it went to Congress, sure, you guys could have done it yourselves, however, without the backing of at least one other NATO member, it would have been another Vietnam

"Turkey gone rogue?" possibly, may still happen

You tell me.

I don't know if this will end up good, i do hope so. explain good? we could be on the same side on this one, i won't hold my breath based on internal and geo-political current events

I know i'm happy somethings actually seems to change... unpopular choice of words but ...... i'm happy The Don is PE and will be "leader of the free world" whatever that means, very soon. I won't see the end of 2017 ......... here's hoping 2017 is a productive peaceful time and changes occur before i draw the last one ..... one can hope

as promised * years ago by someone else. who promised? promises are a dangerous game

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is hilarious. A bunch of you have railed for years about how TPTB secretly control the media and only let what they want to air, air.

Now here we have a channel that is going to be openly ran by the TPTB, and you lot are cheering them for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tebyen

If that is how you received it, then i worded myself wrong.

English is not my native language.

Let me rephrase:

I openend this topic because i see it as (maybe ) a "milestone" in political communications.
In my bel;ieve this channel did not activate today for nothing.

I do not know what their actual goal is.. Transparacy? Bias ? Lets see.

And yes i do understand it is a ultimate TPTB channel. But as long as we have governements, i HOPE they communicate, modern, fast, honost and factually.

I also see , because we are human, we need a counterforce.. and that SHOULD be an HONOST media.

My point: There seems to be movement in the status quo, and i marked that moment.

And have some hope.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tebyen
This is hilarious. A bunch of you

I see what you see but do i see it differently?

Quantify "a bunch" are we talking a bunch of grapes? they majority? the minority?

Go for it

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I guess the real question here is whether or not you think a political leader should have the right to a platform that is not filtered through the press.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My first reaction:

Yes.

As long as we are allowed an unfiltered reaction of the press, public or whoever.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Remember Youtube and twitter are private corporations. Trump needs to be very careful with this move.

Same thought came to mind. why couldn't he have used govt resources to host the channel vs YouTube ?

I swear he has somebody monitoring ats for ideas, lol

Nonetheless I like the bypassing of the MSM who needs a complete overhaul.

edit on 10131America/ChicagoTue, 10 Jan 2017 17:10:20 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I remember vagually that before the elections their were some rumours about the Trump organisation... or on of his relatives.. Wanted to start a television station..
Not sure about the details.

But i remember thinking. It would be a briljant chess move.
Here is what I say: My Channel
And in trump style: Go watch those other loosers if you don't agree, see you in 4 years!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Youtube can run live, but I guess Donald will not be into a live/impromptu Q and A session with the world...You can't call people Pigs and slum dwellers on live cameras...can you?
Or does one think that a Youtube Google/presentation is different than a mainstream broadcast, never mind that Google makes little profit from youtube...wonders?
Will Google ever black out any official Administration Youtube video where there may be an observed breaking of T&C in the content? They already block a heap of stuff as per their judgement on Youtube, and the Google 'search' engine.
So, let's just hope its all about the administration transition, and nothing more. I'm getting images of this face on a big screen on Trump Tower, shouting about pigs, slum dwellers, and flunkys. Batman will not be pleased.
edit on 10-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I understand your fear.

I remember a live broadcast of shouting out "Deplorable's" and worse.

I do wonder who comes more close.

edit on 10-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Obama is just jealous because he didn't think of this first.

But according to Ketsuko in the post just below yours, apparently Obama did.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: EartOccupant

The Official team station. No bias there huh?

White House has its own Facebook that it posts on. I don't see you squawking about that.

Well that just show to go ya. I never knew. Just so we know we have battling biases here. Hating one and loving the other supposing that one will bring us lies and the other truth. And that was hardly a squawk, more a stifled squeak.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We are, in the Western nations, very used to being propagandised at, directly by our governments, or by news media empires whose ownership have agendas of their own. Over the last few decades, the groundwork was laid for the post truth environment we now exist in, where what is published is considered more important than what is accurate. Context and nuance are irrelevant in this new era. That will suit both Trump, and the media empires very well. Now, we can select our echo chambers and remain within them, without ever having to interact with a viewpoint that argues with our own, never have to interact with facts, because emotions and appeals to our base and lesser instincts are more effective, and get better ratings, more clicks, views, and so on.

My hope is that cutting out the middle man in this way, will force the news media to be more objective, to abandon talking heads and agendas, to refrain from bias, to return to facts and throw off the weight of years and years of its position as an unofficial arm of government, or as a detractor from whomever is in power, to be what it always should have been. Good reportage, investigative journalism which follows the truth instead of creating its own.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My hope is that cutting out the middle man in this way, will force the news media to be more objective, to abandon talking heads and agendas, to refrain from bias, to return to facts and throw off the weight of years and years of its position as an unofficial arm of government, or as a detractor from whomever is in power, to be what it always should have been. Good reportage, investigative journalism which follows the truth instead of creating its own.

Although thats a noble aspiration, my simple response is...

...nah, they always lie and don't give a rats ass what noble people think. They know the key to getting people to believe things is to repeat it over and over so that the most buy into it. Its an ongoing mission devoid of conscience about the truth.

I know, I suffered thru the nightly news during the Vietnam war era.

Having said that, the notion that a politician (Trump has never held office, is not 'connected') would address the people directly thru the internet is ground breaking. It completely goes over the head of main stream official channels. It is preposterous from their POV, how dare he.

We'll see how long he keeps it up.

Imagine he is trying to influence key members of congress and they play politics with him and he goes all twitter, exposing their skullduggery. He can't be bribed (he's a billionaire) already stated he's doing the job for free.
Imagine a presider with no pursuit of money and a direct line to the people?

Potential is there....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join