It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING photos of Water on Mars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LonnyZone

1: an interesting phenomena wich acoording to scientists are carbon geisers
2:cracks on the surface
3: sandstorm marks
4: this one is just a unzoomed version of 2

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

sand plains with some "trees" made of sand

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Who are you, Dis-information man? try and get it right in one post spammer! or is it Spanner?

edit on 9-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

asshole detected *alarm*

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Hey Guys! Lonnie is right! I just discovered this AMAZING photo of a huge salt-water ocean on Mars!

P.S.

Could someone move this to the hoax bin?

I'm really disappointed no one has commented on my photo of an enormous salt-water ocean on Mars. You can even see the fishes if you look closely.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

All I see are the orca. And orca aren't fishes

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Sorry but sand is not water and sand is all there is to be seen in those photos.

Pretty much. Just darker colored sand, or blown decayed "blueberry" sand that has a slightly blue tint to it. Here's a close-up of the "water."

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think maybe your all over-reacting a tad. It's clear to see there are oceans and rivers on Mars from these photos. The amount of water contained in them may be nothing more than just a mush at the moment. But It also appears to be difficult to be able to get close enough to these rivers/oceans without getting the rovers bogged.

PIA19930 - NASA - JPL

edit on 9-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: Greggers

All I see are the orca. And orca aren't fishes

My apologies. Yes, it's a pod of killer whales. But there is also one huge blue fin tuna up there, if you look hard enough.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LonnyZone

PIA19930 - NASA - JPL

That's sand. And it's not blue.
From www.jpl.nasa.gov...

This view taken from orbit around Mars shows the sand dune that will be the first to be visited by NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover along its route to higher layers of Mount Sharp.

The view covers an area about 1,250 feet (about 380 meters) across, showing a site called "Dune 1" in the "Bagnold Dunes" dune field. It was taken by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. The image is in false color, combining information recorded by HiRISE in red, blue-green and infrared frequencies of light.

The University of Arizona, Tucson, operates HiRISE, which was built by Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Boulder, Colorado. NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, manages the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Project and Mars Science Laboratory Project for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I think maybe your all over-reacting a tad. It's clear to see there are oceans and rivers on Mars from these photos. The amount of water contained in them may be nothing more than just a mush at the moment. But It also appears to be difficult to be able to get close enough to these rivers/oceans without getting the rovers bogged.

Those are tracks in sand, not mud - the material is just disturbed and compacted by the tyres, not wet. I think you're over-reacting a tad. It's clear to see that there are no oceans and rivers on Mars, no matter how many 'alternative' websites you go to for your sources that tell you otherwise.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

sorry but you are wrong all of your "water" is an ilusion
photo analysys:
1: i see nothing watery in this photo
2: false colored sand

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Sorry guys but NASA has already confirmed that there's water on Mars, even if its just a bit muddy. That silty sand that rover got stuck in (have a look how many times he had to reverse) is definitely not dry. It doesn't take genius to work that out.

Now one more time for the non-believers or those stuck in the past:

“This is a significant development, as it appears to confirm that water -- albeit briny -- is flowing today on the surface of Mars.

SOURCE:
NASA CONFIRMS WATER FLOWS ON MARS

Are you going to doubt NASA?
Source = www.nasa.gov

edit on 11-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

not sure what the point of that pot was ?

everyone in this thread so far has reffuted YOUR claim that the pics you link show " water on mars "

now you claim vindication based on a premise no one ever denied [ in this thread ]

just WTF ? now you are taking the piss

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Water Fresh Pool

To my eye this looks like a flat feature raised above the martian surface, as opposed to the feature to the right of this one that looks like it's a dip in the surface....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ahh sorry Ignorant ape. Sometimes I don't explain myself very clearly.
Yes, at first some of the photos I posted looked like oceans and I thought they were! False colour imagery makes me a bit confused sometimes. (Did anyone get my 'false' coloured image joke at all?)

Not everyone has refuted my claims, as Gortex pointed out on page1, post2 the gif animation looks like flowing water.
Here's a few similar images:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Sorry guys but NASA has already confirmed that there's water on Mars, even if its just a bit muddy. That silty sand that rover got stuck in (have a look how many times he had to reverse) is definitely not dry. It doesn't take genius to work that out.

Now one more time for the non-believers or those stuck in the past:

“This is a significant development, as it appears to confirm that water -- albeit briny -- is flowing today on the surface of Mars.

SOURCE:
NASA CONFIRMS WATER FLOWS ON MARS

Are you going to doubt NASA?
Source = www.nasa.gov

Are you just trolling? Nobody here denies that there may be some wet briny mud streaking down the slopes.

Even dry sand may streak downslope like a liquid:

What we're attempting to show you is that the blue "water" you see in many images is dark sand, and that there are no bodies of liquid water on Mars.

Now it looks like you're clutching at straws.

So let's reiterate:

#1 - Blue or dark areas on Mars is sand or some other mineral formations (showing up blue in false-colour images).

#2 - Water on Mars exists, but as ice or occasional briny mud streaks.

#3 - Lakes and rivers of water can't exist on Mars due to very tenuous atmosphere and frigid subzero temperatures.

If you don't agree with any of those statements, please explain why.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Are you just trolling? Nobody here denies that there may be some wet briny mud streaking down the slopes.

Not trolling at all. I would like to find out what IS water on mars and what ISN'T so far I'm just getting confused.
But I thank you for spelling it out in 3 points for me.

#1 - Blue or dark areas on Mars is sand or some other mineral formations (showing up blue in false-colour images).

Ok, so can you or someone else please explain to me (I'm not trolling here)
#1 why the sand is dark? (if its minerals what type of mineral?)
#2 Why I cannot find the original images of these "false coloured' blue sand ocean photos (please post if you have them!)

#2 - Water on Mars exists, but as ice or occasional briny mud streaks.

I agree about the ice and briny mud streaks. However I'm just correlating information, and I personally don't believe its just mud or streaks, I personally think there's a lot more water than that. Even in the press release from NASA they admitted:

“confirm that water -- albeit briny -- is flowing today on the surface of Mars.”

Now 'flowing' on the surface of mars could mean just muddy streaks I guess.

#3 - Lakes and rivers of water can't exist on Mars due to very tenuous atmosphere and frigid subzero temperatures.

Can you prove that for me? link to an article or some other form of evidence?

edit on 12-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: adding hypertext for clarity

edit on 12-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Here's a couple more, this time with proper red/green/blue filters:

Looks like ordinary sand to me, perhaps with some clay-like minerals.

Comparison Image Overlay

I did a comparison myself of the above images (uploaded to imgur above, as having problems with ATS uploads at the moment)
And found that they don't appear to be the RAW images you linked to from the news article. Infact they seem to be a competley different position. RAW image is the main image with wild-space's image overlayed and rotated and scaled into position to pixel match (as best as possible) the correct location.

This is what I found
Blue: the colour-depth is higher in the image Wildspace provided as shown by the blow-out from the Raw which indicates less colour-depth. And if you know anything about photography you will know you can't get more colourdepth from less. I have over 20+ years experience with graphics of all kinds. If you want the levels of each image, I can gladly upload them.
Red: The machinery is not in the correct position in reference to the placement of the minerals/sand/whatever it is and the dirt hole
Orange: Theres an item in the raw image that's not present in your image Wildspace, so wtf is going on?

Conclusion
The images you used are different and show a different alignment for some reason. Please provide your original sources or leave it alone.

Some part of the rover moved (not sure if it's the robotic arm or the camera itself), so some of the images don't line up with the main mosaic. Hence the discrepancies in the published version of the mosaic.

Original, raw images can be found here: mars.nasa.gov...
You need to look for images from the Panoramic Camera, see Sols with more than 10 images.

For example:
mars.nasa.gov...
mars.nasa.gov...
mars.nasa.gov...
mars.nasa.gov...

You'll also need to learn how to recognise from the image filename which filters the images were taken though (important for judging the resulting colours when you make a colour image): mars.nasa.gov...

Some of those images were taken through red, green, and blue filters, allowing for a true-colour image, but most others used near-infrared, green, and violet filters, giving inaccurate colours but allowing to distinguish various minerals easier.

You can try assembling a mosaic from those images yourself using Microsoft ICE.

Hopefully, that answers your questions.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Thanks Wildespace, much clearer now 0_0

I guess I'll have to: "find sets that were taken at the same time of the day. Use similar sets to build stereograms and color composites."

edit on 12-1-2017 by LonnyZone because: :

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join