It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream: Flying Angels & Hellish Storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Okay, ATSers, I've had another weird dream. I don't take this to mean something literal but I do consider it a "message" dream. It was not awesome. I've thought about it quite a bit, but you may have insight that I lack. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

I looked up into the sky and saw an unusual pattern of "clouds" - small clouds - that seemed to be angelic looking. In my dream I got out my phone and zoomed in on them. At some point they turned pure gold and started flying around in a sort of swarm. There were at least seven but I didn't count them so I don't know. They dropped coins that flashed gold in the sky - when they hit the ground they were ordinary coins and I picked them up, but they felt "special." They seemed to be trying to get my attention.

Shortly after, a horrible roiling charcoal grey "cloud" like I've never seen before, boiled and churned into the sky beneath where the angels flew. It did not seem like "weather" but more like a cloud of smoke and dust and ash of some kind. It was immense, yet I could still see a small blue patch with the swarm of angels. But in general everything went grey and dark and dangerous.

The cloud was made up of "curling strands" that when they touched the earth unleashed a legion of monsters / demon like figures - you name it, everything from cloven hooves and bare chested warped faced things to bigger-than-elephants dragon types with long sharp teeth. I was outside when they hit and saw one come up and grab and animal in its path and eat it. Honestly, they were less scary than a lot of movie monsters!

I ran inside a tall city building (I have no idea where I was) and called everyone to come in. There were no two of the monsters alike. They saw me but I got inside and they did not come in there, but still I had the sense of them walking past me, looking to wreak chaos and havoc and death. They were straight up movie monsters - a casting call of HellBoy, the Angel tv Series, Lord of the Rings types and such - I did not take them as a literal threat, but as "Agents of Chaos." Potentially deadly, but not directly after me personally- more just generally BAD.

Also in the dream, after the "monsters and demons" landed, things started bursting into general chaos and fear -- machinery started going haywire (a laundry machine flooded and soap was everywhere - that sort of thing). Annoyances - weird happenings - a sense of everything going wrong at once - a sense that the world had gone crazy.

I want to remember this dream, as it seems like a vivid and important one. I am not the kind that thinks ALL dreams are simply characters in one's own psyche - I think some dreams are connected to the collective unconscious and archetypal world, and are highly symbolic of future events -- the unconscious bubbling up with messages. I have had dreams that told my future before, and didn't realize it until the events had unfolded that I'd been given a "head's up" in my dreams, so I tend to take them seriously. Is this one of those? Well, unfortunately, I won't know until events match the dream, so to speak...

Interpretation? Well, I'm still working on it.

I was surprised in my googling on angel dreams and angels in general that they "leave gifts of coins" -- I had NEVER heard that before! That was a bit of a shock, as I thought it was just some random thing that happened in my dream. Thus the phrase "pennies from heaven!" So I decided to pay more attention to the dream.

The "message" to me (the angels are messengers) seemed to say that an impersonal (i.e. not directed at me personally) time of darkness and chaos was coming. They were still with me, and the coins were signs as well as potentially a time of prosperity right before the chaos. They gave me money/gifts to let me know they were "real" forces too - but they were removed and not participating in fighting the monsters. This tells me that the monsters were less "from hell" than symbolic of Chaos and Monstrous Behavior. I was physically safe as long as I stayed inside. Honestly, I didn't see people getting killed, it was more just a general climate of everything upended, of fear, of chaos, of "bad things happening." I don't want to make light of it though - it changed everything - it kept people in shock and chaos - afraid to go outside- powerless while forces beyond their control wreaked havoc, etc.

If I were to go with taro archetypes, the tall city building could be The Tower (disruption and chaos), and the roiling dark "thing" the Devil Card of chaos, entrapment, bondage, hard times, etc... In either case. This isn't about rose buds and unicorns, if you get my drift.

Some religious folk might be tempted to take this all literally, but as the one having the dream, I can tell you it isn't meant to be taken literally, as I know my dream world pretty well, and how it feels when something is meant to be literal and not -- it did feel like I was personally a bit insulated from the chaos - more of a witness on the edges of it and more a recipient of annoying malfunctions than being physically harmed.

In terms of my daily life -- I don't know what this means (yet?). Is it a warning just for me? A warning about forces of chaos about to be unleashed in my life, or in the lives of a larger group -- like my city or country or world in general? I can't say. I don't know. It might mean that a period of struggle is ahead, but that the light is still there above it all... Was is just nothing? Was it entirely personal? My "personal demons aka "bad thoughts" and internal chaos needing to be dealt with??? That is a possibility, of course! Usually my dreams are more personal than predictive of mass issues.

Whatever it was, it didn't give me the feeling that great things were on the horizon.

- AB

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Incredible!!

How do you remember all that detail?

Mine are like "something about a tape dispenser, I think"

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not all my dreams are like this!

I have tape dispenser type dreams too...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Maybe take this into consideration, but don't let it scare you. What if the coins represented a monetary exchange of some sort, and we didn't hold up to our side of the bargain? Awhile back, a message was left outside an observatory. A crop circle of sorts, but unlike any other. The message read something like, we don't take kindly to lie's and deception. You're time is short, and the pain will be great.

Perhaps the people making these deals didn't follow through. Now the nice angles will become monsters in our eyes.

I too had a very vivid dream awhile back. I was in my room watching the news on TV. And out of no where an earthquake hit my house so hard it tossed me out of the bed. I ran outside to escape the house before it fell. As I ran out the front door I could feel the wind blowing, it was so vivid. In the distance I could see what could only be described as a hole in the atmosphere above, and the vacuum of space was sucking everything off the ground and pulling it into the hole. As I turned away, I woke up.

It left me with a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know all that much about dream interpretations other than sometimes figuring out what mine mean to me personally. As for warning dreams coming true, I have had many precognitive dreams through the years. For me I will I will have recurring dreams, either the same dream or similar in nature and that is when I know to pay attention.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

..can't remember where i posted it,
but from a week ago - was the same type "dark devious cloud, next to earth, waiting for the command to engulf earth" .... so that part would make Sense..

- i dont know you love so it's tricky to interpret
but the angels and coins seem to be "the same dark cloud, preténding to be angelic"
The house is your own consciousness

edit on 4-1-2017 by loNeNLI because: text

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Also in the dream, after the "monsters and demons" landed, things started bursting into general chaos and fear -- machinery started going haywire (a laundry machine flooded and soap was everywhere - that sort of thing). Annoyances - weird happenings - a sense of everything going wrong at once - a sense that the world had gone crazy.

Not very original, except for exploding heads and jewish rtes, your dreamscape included most elements from the climactic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark...

edit on 4-1-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not very original, your dream included almost every element from the climactic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, verbatim...

please let's give him some credit love
i for one am most interested in genuine dreams
and trust that OP didnt make it up

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

Not very original, your dream included almost every element from the climactic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, verbatim...

please let's give him some credit love
i for one am most interested in genuine dreams
and trust that OP didn't make it up

I don't accuse OP of faking, I think they have angels mainly on the brain. We dream whatever we think about.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not very original, except for exploding heads and jewish rtes, your dreamscape included most elements from the climactic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Wow. I know you generally don't like me, but to claim I lied in my OP? That is cruel. This is a real dream. Bleep off.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Wow. I know you generally don't like me, but to claim I lied in my OP? That is cruel. This is a real dream. Bleep off.

I already stated^^^ I 'm not accusing you of lying, but wow, here we see the real vitriol behind questioning anyones religious persuasions.

Get the stakes out, make a cross, begin the spanish inquisition.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Thank you for your thoughts.

I am feeling vulnerable now for sharing and angry, not at you, but at the idea I would post a lie. Sorry. That really upset me. I appreciate your willingness to listen objectively without calling my integrity into question. As to it being unoriginal, it is obviously heavy with standard symbology.

I've always had very vibrant dreams. I can still remember vivid dreams from High School and college.

Anyway, it is very interesting you saw a black cloud in your dream. I feel strongly the angels were not the same as the cloud. They were far above it and not related to it in any way. It was more a sense that they were still there above it all and a sign to not be afraid, perhaps, regardless of what happens in life.

Thanks again,

AB

edit on 4-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not Christian. This was not a religious dream, it was a symbolic archetype dream.

I apologize. I understood you as saying I was making it up based on a movie. If that was not your intent, but only general negative feedback, then I stand corrected. Still, you must admit, your posts to me are quite negative.

To liken my anger at having my integrity questioned for no reason to the Spanish Inquisition? Seriously?

I guess I should know better than to post anything at all these days.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I posted this because I thought it was interesting, and because sometimes in the past my dreams have come true in ways I could not understand until 20/20 hindsight.

For example, I had a vivid dream about free climbing a cliff only to be bitten by a king cobra under my right collar bone while getting onto a ledge. I fell and hit the ground, hovering above my body yet in the end I went back in my body and did not die.

A couple months later I was diagnosed with a lymphoma. A tumor popped up right where the snake bit me. I had chemo in a porta-cath which was near the same place, which was like the venom. As to the fall and almost dying, well, I almost died a couple of times during that adventure, once from being given too high a dose of chemo, which happens as they try to get the max without going over.

It will be interesting if down the line something happens to make sense of this dream too. Having it posted now before I understand it would make it more credible later if it turns out to predict something. Or maybe it is nothing and I just had a weird dream.

So I pay attention to dreams. Thank you for your input.

AB

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

My question is: why are you so frightened of non-human entities? Are you a xenophobe? Maybe the guys with elephant eyes and horns were just saying "hello".

You think just because angels look human that they are friendly to you? You know there's a lot material on how bad things happen after a human witnesses the Angelic form. Not say all accounts are negative, just saying the appearance of an entity has absolutely nothing to do with its intent.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hi AB!

Just some thoughts about your dream, which sounds memorable and awesome, in the true sense of the word. It's interesting that you started by looking up at the clouds, since you like UFOs and the like. So if something significantly bizarre was to happen, to you it would make sense if it came from the sky. Out of interest (to me, maybe not you
) is that fairies are often associated with coins; we give them coins in wells when we make a wish, we give newborn babies coins to keep them safe from fairies etc.

But you felt that these coins were ok, they were to get your attention and perhaps this led you to notice the dark cloud, which as you describe, represented chaos. You were the one who was able to call to everyone and gather them inside because you were paying attention and noticed these monster beings come from the dust cloud. In other words, despite the chaos and horror, you were ok and still able to help others. It wasn't easy or pleasant to watch but it was bearable.

I tend to think of dreams as our subconscious making sense of the bits and pieces in our lives, and slotting them into patterns, to try and alert us to what's going on around us. For me, your dream speaks about a gnawing sense that life will be overturned as you know it but that you will get through it. Does that make any sense to you?
Hope this finds you well.
edit on 4-1-2017 by beansidhe because: smiley

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09

My question is: why are you so frightened of non-human entities? Are you a xenophobe? Maybe the guys with elephant eyes and horns were just saying "hello".

You think just because angels look human that they are friendly to you? You know there's a lot material on how bad things happen after a human witnesses the Angelic form. Not say all accounts are negative, just saying the appearance of an entity has absolutely nothing to do with its intent.

I am not afraid in general on non human entities. Lol!

If the "monsters" which were there to symbolically represent chaos and danger, were friendly nice guys, they would not have behaved as they did in the dream.

As to the angels, they did not come near but stayed up above everything. They threw coins down from above, which if it happened in reality would have killed people just as readily as the monsters. Luckily for me, physics did not apply. I was not afraid of the angels, merely noticing them and thinking how amazed And shocked I was to be seeing them at all.

ETA: There were not monsters with elephant eyes, there were dragon type monsters with very sharp gobbelly teeth wanting to crunch and munch whatever was in their way, and not with friendly intent. They were bigger than elephants.

Peace,

AB

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Hey beansidhe!!

That is a very good interpretation. It reminds me of getting a bit of money this holiday and just as I was starting to think about what to use it for, all of a sudden the song with the lyric "you better, save it for a rainy day..." came on from some random place and I had to laugh.

You may be right! I was ok in the dream in spite of witnessing what should have been terrifying. I was mostly trying to get people to safety (so as not to be eaten) and dealing with really annoying small things. Like mechanical failures, etc.

Thank you so much,

AB

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not Christian. This was not a religious dream, it was a symbolic archetype dream.

I apologize. I understood you as saying I was making it up based on a movie. If that was not your intent, but only general negative feedback, then I stand corrected. Still, you must admit, your posts to me are quite negative.

To liken my anger at having my integrity questioned for no reason to the Spanish Inquisition? Seriously?

I guess I should know better than to post anything at all these days.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant that so much of what we dream about is from our daily lives, our minds try to make sense of all the input we get from everywhere, sorting it out in our sleep. Particularly what we obsess about.

Didn't mean to offend either, how could I dislike you personally, we never met. It is an open forum, if you put it out there, you may not like what you get back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join