It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a growing trend being born, and it's freaky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Reborn babies!

This must be one of the most bizarre human behaviors I have ever seen... and I have seen some crazy stuff! It's planet Earth, the freakshow is everywhere!

For any of you not knowing what a reborn baby is, it is a fake baby for adults that look extremely real. Basically a doll for grownups, but not treated as a doll. Women don't buy them, they adopt them. Seriously. These babies are being carried outside, in a baby carriage, in the car, in shopping. They're everywhere, and more and more women are endorsing them. There's a whole industry behind it, artists that making them real, clothing, vibrant communities. You probably won't spot a reborn baby unless you start looking really up close like some of the people in the videos below.

My question is, as a human, when did humanity go so wrong? Lol, what is the need for adult women to have fake babies? At what stage in our human evolution did women decide that it's not good enough to get pregnant, or get a husband or whatever, and just decide to sit at home alone with a bunch of fake babies?

Here are some YT videos on it (there's so many tbh)

So... it's my first time actually seeing this. I haven't found a single discussion about it on ATS.

I think it's worthy of discussion.

I think.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It is my assumption that it is only the mentally deficient that are involved in this.

The look in those first two women's eyes, even without watching the video, screams lunatic.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah, those people are missing a few screws. Small fry short of a happy meal. One beer short of a six pack. Nutso.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess its for those who regret not having real babies and they are trying to fill the baby shaped hole in their lives.

Personally I see this as being as demented as men marrying or getting attached to sex dolls

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I hate to break it to you but this is not even close to the freakiest thing people do with life like dolls.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes, lunatic.

I don't mind a few lunatics doing some bizarre stuff, the thing is I sense it becomes trendy.

Could be that just lunacy has become a trend.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

what is the need for adult women to have fake babies?

Well, try and look at it from a positive point of view. Ladies and Gents can use them for a Trial Run, and see if it really is something they want in their lives before taking the real plunge. That in of itself would probably prevent many unwanted pregnancies and the drama and chaos that follows...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

what is the need for adult women to have fake babies?

Well, try and look at it from a positive point of view. Ladies and Gents can use them for a Trial Run, and see if it really is something they want in their lives before taking the real plunge. That in of itself would probably prevent many unwanted pregnancies and the drama and chaos that follows...

Now they have those classes in many schools where the kids get robot babies for a week or so and are supposed to take care of them and the dolls record how well they were cared for.

It was designed to teach kids that being parents isn't all that great, but they've discovered it's not that great of a deterrent. Kids are getting through the week fine and then deciding if they can hack it for a week, parenting must not be all that bad.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I guess its for those who regret not having real babies and they are trying to fill the baby shaped hole in their lives.

Personally I see this as being as demented as men marrying or getting attached to sex dolls

Some of them are mothers for grownups kids.

I also saw the connection to men and sex dolls, but maybe as a man I can understand sexual needs more than emotional needs.

I haven't seen men getting married to them though

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now they have those classes in many schools where the kids get robot babies for a week or so and are supposed to take care of them and the dolls record how well they were cared for.

It was designed to teach kids that being parents isn't all that great, but they've discovered it's not that great of a deterrent. Kids are getting through the week fine and then deciding if they can hack it for a week, parenting must not be all that bad.

When I was in high school they gave each couple an egg to take care of.

We failed because I left it in a car with the windows up.

edit on 29-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ketsuko

When I was in high school they gave each couple an egg to take care of.

We failed because I left it in a car with the windows up.

Surprised you didn't feast on it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I hate to break it to you but this is not even close to the freakiest thing people do with life like dolls.

Yeah, the only difference is that these women are treating these dolls as if they were real. And you insult them by calling them dolls.

It seems like the same PC feminist crowd, but that's what I personally find freaky.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It is my assumption that it is only the mentally deficient that are involved in this.

The look in those first two women's eyes, even without watching the video, screams lunatic.

I can't speak for each individual person that is involved with this phenomenon, but I have mixed feelings about this.

Some of the people that prefer the fake babies over real babies may be doing both themselves and the child a big favor. Some of these people may be a danger to a real child, and if they are just into the fad of it, this will pass and the doll will end up in a box in the closet, instead of a real child in a box in the ground.

link   

originally posted by: Shuye
Yeah, the only difference is that these women are treating these dolls as if they were real. And you insult them by calling them dolls.

Guess what? Some dudes do the same thing with their Real Dolls.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Surprised you didn't feast on it.

Who said I didn't?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Somehow this story puts me in mind of dogs or cats who are fixed but still go into false heat and try to mother everything like socks and stuff.

link   

What ever happened to owning a pet? They can be quite therapeutic. I personally, am a cat person, but dolls, that's just not healthy. Its not like these are children, learning to be adults by playing. Its more like they're living in the past.

link   
I'm sure those women are considered passingly strange in most circles.

But at least they are not dressing up as nurses and stealing newborns from the neonatal unit.

Yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I swear I've heard it all now.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Lets ask Wilson what he thinks.

edit on 29-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: fixed video

edit on 29-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join