It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a growing trend being born, and it's freaky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

lol Wilson was an alright dude, he was there to help him

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As a crafter, I know this is a HUGE business. The workmanship time and artistry that goes into these dolls is amazing! And they aren't cheap either. The ladies I know seem to make most of their dolls for collectors and women who have had a stillbirth or miscarriage. I don't personally think its particularly healthy but I've not been in that position so dunno really

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

lol Wilson was an alright dude, he was there to help him

Yeah, and that's actually the point. Wilson was there to help Tom Hanks through his isolation. Its a self preservation mechanism in times of adversity.

These people are experiencing some form of defense mechanism in a 'normal' environment. Seems like they might be avoiding certain unresolved issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

It's a bit weird I suppose, but if they aren't hurting anyone I don't necessarily see an issue. As long as their fantasy is not cutting into a productive life and as long as they can tell the difference between the fantasy and reality (delusional), weird but there are far more harmful coping mechanisms.

Funny how it seems to be mostly males getting their panties in a bunch in this thread though. Interesting.

The artistry in those dolls is just blowing my mind though.

edit on 29-12-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I guess its for those who regret not having real babies and they are trying to fill the baby shaped hole in their lives.

Personally I see this as being as demented as men marrying or getting attached to sex dolls

Some of them are mothers for grownups kids.

I also saw the connection to men and sex dolls, but maybe as a man I can understand sexual needs more than emotional needs.

I haven't seen men getting married to them though

A google search came back with 1000s of hits.
The first page ones are mostly about a terminal cancer patient in China who married his but heres a link of a Westerner who not only has a sex doll wife but also a mistress.

Link

According to the article theres a whole subset of society called iDollators who beleive in silicone love and form emotional attachments to these things.

I wonder how long it will be till the PC crowd get on board with this and its no longer acceptable to call them "things" for fear of offending their human lovers?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ever heard of Carl TAnzler??

Link

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can see some crazy women doing this for a time, letting people believe it's real, never letting them close enough to realize it's not, and then well, just decide to switch out someone's real baby for their fake one or something...

really, how can grown women walk around with dolls, acting like they are real and think that the rest of us won't think they are nuts, or maybe like in my example, criminally minded?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

According to the article theres a whole subset of society called iDollators...

Wow. That is right up there with Bronies as the best deviant nickname.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm going to just assume this is a southern thing and not try to pick it apart very much but... I honestly have to say that I'd rather hold a kitten any day.

These people need kittens. I have a different product idea. Like, maybe sell each of these babies with a kitty inside and they'll slowly get to see the kitty eat its way out of their new "reborn" baby. It will be as beautiful as it is horrifying. I'll call them "re-reborn kitties"!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
I have a different product idea. Like, maybe sell each of these babies with a kitty inside and they'll slowly get to see the kitty eat its way out of their new "reborn" baby. It will be as beautiful as it is horrifying. I'll call them "re-reborn kitties"!

Nah. Chest Bursting Kittehs® would be better. And each doll should look like John Hurt.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Abysha
I have a different product idea. Like, maybe sell each of these babies with a kitty inside and they'll slowly get to see the kitty eat its way out of their new "reborn" baby. It will be as beautiful as it is horrifying. I'll call them "re-reborn kitties"!

Nah. Chest Bursting Kittehs® would be better. And each doll should look like John Hurt.

At least you have the imagery right. But I'm still marketing to a specific demographic. No, these dolls will look like Honey BooBoo.

But... I think I like your name better.

link   

I guess its for those who regret not having real babies and they are trying to fill the baby shaped hole in their lives.

Personally I see this as being as demented as men marrying or getting attached to sex dolls

Some of them are mothers for grownups kids.

I also saw the connection to men and sex dolls, but maybe as a man I can understand sexual needs more than emotional needs.

I haven't seen men getting married to them though

A google search came back with 1000s of hits.
The first page ones are mostly about a terminal cancer patient in China who married his but heres a link of a Westerner who not only has a sex doll wife but also a mistress.

Link

According to the article theres a whole subset of society called iDollators who beleive in silicone love and form emotional attachments to these things.

I wonder how long it will be till the PC crowd get on board with this and its no longer acceptable to call them "things" for fear of offending their human lovers?

My guess is that they're already offended by calling them dolls. The videos show it.

To be honest, I know things are mad in the east, but I really and honestly can understand marrying a GOAT more than a doll. I could have more sympathy for the living.

link   
I guess this fad is for all the crazy cat ladies who are too poor or too lazy to take care of all those real cats.

humanity is doomed, DOOMED I SAY!
edit on 29-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you had a black car and parked directly under the sun you might have been able to car hard boil the egg.

My neighbor loves hard boiled eggs. Maybe I should tell him to try that so he can fix a hard boiled egg samich.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
If you had a black car and parked directly under the sun you might have been able to car hard boil the egg.

My neighbor loves hard boiled eggs. Maybe I should tell him to try that so he can fix a hard boiled egg samich.

I could have explained that.

The cigarette burns on it, not so much.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The fact that you even had this idea makes me wonder a bit about you.

The fact that I have a very clear mental picture of this and I am oddly intrigued...

*closes door in subconscious

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
a reply to: Abysha

The fact that you even had this idea makes me wonder a bit about you.

The fact that I have a very clear mental picture of this and I am oddly intrigued...

*closes door in subconscious

Are you telling me this wouldn't be the most perfect thing to send to the in-laws? It beats the Trump Chia pet I gave mine.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
As a crafter, I know this is a HUGE business. The workmanship time and artistry that goes into these dolls is amazing! And they aren't cheap either. The ladies I know seem to make most of their dolls for collectors and women who have had a stillbirth or miscarriage. I don't personally think its particularly healthy but I've not been in that position so dunno really

I must admit I discovered it because I'm in a new business selling stuff for babies, like clothing and dummies etc. And I see all kinds of women from all over the world with a reborn surname liking the fb page, and it made me wonder... They cannot all have reborn as surname
There was something fishy about it, and most of these women had a baby as PROFILE PICTURE. I guess they are all FAKE!

That's where I started digging and discovered it's actually a trend. It became more and more bizarre by the hour.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At least you got out of all potential babysitting duties tho....

Maybe this real baby contraption will help with the teen birthrate. Now when a 15 or 16 year old girl says she wants a baby they can go buy her this thing to tempter her motherly instinct.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Shuye

I hate to break it to you but this is not even close to the freakiest thing people do with life like dolls.

Ummm...So...what DO you do with those life like dolls...?

Enquiring minds want to know...ya know...

YouSir

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join