It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY did the Russians do it????

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So what???

It's who we're dealing with. Life means a hell of a lot more in Russia than it does in the ME.

What's your point?

Is your point, Putin is a tough guy???? Sure he is, he absolutely should be.

And your solution...is what?

Have you ever heard of a guy named Roman Abramovich???? Do you know who he is and how he relates to Putin? Do you know what he did in eastern Russia? What he stands for?

Dude, you're an amateur. Just a "puppy".

I'm so tired of little puppies like you. It's just Earth shattering!!

So UN-informed!!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is thoroughly disgusting and tiring...

I'm done.

I'll leave you all with this...some "ska" (lost on Mr. Indigo I'm sure)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

.But NO they do not conduct hacking/cyber campaigns with the aim of influencing the electoral process

I know you may be young but there is plenty of information as to how the US installed their fascist South American puppet's into power in the 50/60's. I guess you'll keep your head in the sand saying..."but they had no computer's then"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

the cancer of the MIC needs to be reigned in, not the general good hearted people of USA who are a paying in blood and dollars. Even our own Government paid 120 million into Hillary's Foundation!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
From the Russian perspective, Trump is an unknown, which is generally considered a bad thing. However, Clinton and her team were a known threat to independent countries all around the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I believe the whole "RUSSIA HACKED OUR DEMOCRACY!!!" was a ploy to distract from what was revealed in the emails. The lies, corruption, election rigging, connection to the Clinton Foundation, foreign money, pay to play....I could go on and on. The Democrats and especially Hillary Clinton, were caught with their hand in the cookie jar and need some way to misdirect the people's attention.
Looks like it worked.

pretty much the entire narrative and agenda is stated in this paragraph. Well said.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Russia hacked the emails at the invitation of Donald Trump. There is nothing mysterious about this story. Trump asked Putin to hack the emails. Putin cravenly acknowledging American supremacy in skulduggery, complied, and the FBI, scurrying for "brownie points", did what they could to bring down the republic. It was a win, win, win for all concerned except Crooked Hillary Popular Vote Winner Clinton.

I'm with the President-elect. Enough time has been spent already on this tiresome topic of drilling holes in the machinery of the world's greatest democracy. Let's move on!
edit on 30-12-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Russia wants Trump to be president because he will lift sanctions and he can be convinced to look the other way when Putin
moves west and challenges the UN. Further more, Putin and many of his associates have huge stakes in the currently sanctions drilling projects in the region, and it just so turns out our new secretary of state has a stake in it too. Russia stand to be a world player again if they have an ally leading the US, that ally is Trump.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: draoicht

Russia is not capable of directly threatening the USA any longer militarily.

Thermonuclear missiles should not be dismissed lightly.

They may not be planning to invade.

Underestimating your enemy is a mistake that has been made before....

Pakistan is on equal footing by that measure. With nukes .. getting hit by 300 or 3000 is really a mute point. Once one is used and nuclear war starts the world is screwed. Putin will not go there.

As it stands Russia doesn't even have the resources to secure their own nukes. The USA had to lend them teams to disarm and secure their nukes post Soviet collapse...sure Putin could fire off a nuke, but Russia would be instaneously wiped from the map..it's not ever going to happen...assured mutual distruction now with bias for USA tech .. but still mutual.

I do not believe Pakistan has ICBM's or submarine launch capability...they can attack US allies but not the US.

As for Russia, they have modernised over the last decade, introducing new submarine based missile capabilities in 2006 and 2011. They have a more up to date ICBM capability than the US. Indeed they are still developing and have a brand new missile ready for service in 2018 - the Sarmat. It's set to be the most accurate and devastating ICBM in the world, and also the most stealthy, rendering any US anti missile defences pretty useless.
The US still rely on older technology for it's arsenal of ICBMs. Russia would wipe out the entire US coast to coast in a nuclear exchange very quickly. They are more of a threat to the US than the other way around.

From a nuclear launch capability at intercontinental distances, Russia leads the way, followed by China. The US is a distant 3rd and will be usurped by North Korea fairly soon in terms of technology (if not numbers). There's been much development around the world during Obama's administration. The nuclear arms race has been back on for some time whilst he has been asleep at the wheel.
edit on 30/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

Or you really thought that the chosen [vatican] candidate Trump wásnt groomed to win..?

Personally I think Clinton was groomed to win and the whole thing backfired. I believe Trump was groomed to be Clinton's opponent to ensure her victory....
edit on 30/12/16 by djz3ro because: I had to fix the work of the layout Goblins...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

You keep trying to explain my position and then attack your own explanation.

What are you confused about here?

Russian hackers, specifically the threat known as Fancy Bear APT 28, GRU/Russian Military Intelligence hackers conducted a cyber hacking and leak campaign against US organizations and individuals, former heads of state, congress people and political parties with the intent of interfering with and influencing the outcome of a US Presidential election.

Seriously ...wtf are you missing there?

I have no interest in discussing with someone that pretends to be dumb as rocks for rhetorical or trolling purposes...of course you might not be pretending?

Obama even came right out and said Russia hacked the DNC, then you go on a rant about how the DNC is a private entity. SO either Obama is an idiot or you are. But one of you needs to make up your mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So .. HRC lost because the Russians .. not because voters had no confidence in her .. not because Trump had a better performance overall .. not because Americans wanted something different.

No, the democrats lost because of the Russians ...

We better pack up and learn Russian because these guys in Russia have so much power that they can direct/change entire election processes.

We lost the game.. seriously. Pack up go home. Hand over the keys to Putin. No need for Obama, HRC or Trump because "all" americans are so pro-russia that whatever the "motherland" says it's the truth.

--

I can't wait until these libturd clowns are finally gone.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

The CIA never said there were WMDs..they actually said the intelligence claiming the same was unreliable. Bush and crew concocted that lie. FOIA have proved the same in recent years.

Ignorance...so much of it..

Sure is a lot of ignorance.

Keep digging that hole deeper.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
DNC is a private organization. It is not part of the US government. Hacking the DNC is not hacking the US government let alone the US election.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

You keep trying to explain my position and then attack your own explanation.

What are you confused about here?

Russian hackers, specifically the threat known as Fancy Bear APT 28, GRU/Russian Military Intelligence hackers conducted a cyber hacking and leak campaign against US organizations and individuals, former heads of state, congress people and political parties with the intent of interfering with and influencing the outcome of a US Presidential election.

Seriously ...wtf are you missing there?

I have no interest in discussing with someone that pretends to be dumb as rocks for rhetorical or trolling purposes...of course you might not be pretending?

Obama even came right out and said Russia hacked the DNC, then you go on a rant about how the DNC is a private entity. SO either Obama is an idiot or you are. But one of you needs to make up your mind.

"SO either Obama is an idiot or you are."
Your forgot the third option...You being the idiot.

Yes..Russia hacked the DNC...No.. the DNC is not a government agency, it is private...just like the RNC, the Green Party et al. The US government does not manage or run Presidential or congressional candidates campaigns.

The ignorance + arrogance around here is stunning.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kaylaluv

If the Russians did it, then they exposed corruption in our government.

The big question is why would they do it not knowing what was in those emails? Were they like...lets hack the DNC to see if they have any good emails we can expose...lol not likely. This still stinks of a high insider that was upset with how The Burn was being rolled by the DNC.

The other scenario is they hacked both parties and only got into one of them...we know how Democrats treat they email security.

In the end this is the tail wagging the dog to first deflect that the emails were actually real, and second to continue to create illegitimacy to the Trump win, something they still can not understand why. It is obvious if Obama kicks out 35 Russian diplomats then it must be true they hacked and it sets the stage for Trump to either continue it or look like he is in with Russia.... ya right. Lastly, Obama is trying to leave office in the last month as a strong President who stands up the Russia, though for 8 years he has let them do as the pleased. Putin is like whatever....

edit on 30-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
DNC is a private organization. It is not part of the US government. Hacking the DNC is not hacking the US government let alone the US election.

So far the hacking that has been reported includes...

Ex-Political figures (Ex: Colin Powell)
The DNC (Podesta, Brazille and others..108 people were targeted at DNC)
The RNC and/or Republican Political Operatives
(A fact apparently included in DNI internal classified reports and leaked by Republican congressman Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee)
PACs supporting both RNC and DNC
The DCCC (Leads nation-wide efforts to vet and nominate Dem. lawmakers for Congress)
Voter Registration Rolls (Personal Data) in multiple states..Reports range up to 20 states, with a handful confirming.

Of that material hacked by Fancy Bear APT 28 (Russian Military Cyber Hackers), the DNC, Podesta, Powell and DCCC info was leaked to damage Dem candidates.

The election is over and how much those leaks damaged Dem candidates is debatable, but a moot point.

What the US Gov. needs to do is take steps to make sure it does not happen again.

It also needs to be deeply investigated as to what the Russians got from RNC et al and any members of Congress etc. because that is obviously a blackmail risk with that information not having been leaked.

Putin has done this extensively inside Russia to neutralize political challengers, using cyber assets to personally attack and neutralize political opponents. He decided to apply these tactics in the United States this past election.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kaylaluv

If the Russians did it, then they exposed corruption in our government.

The big question is why would they do it not knowing what was in those emails? Were they like...lets hack the DNC to see if they have any good emails we can expose...lol not likely.

I thought this question kind of silly the first time it was asked..But will try to answer..

Yes..of course..It was a fishing expedition...all hacks are??? Why do you think otherwise?

As it stands, the leaks were pretty plain and drama free, requiring right wing whacko's to invent things like "Pizzagate"..

They did serve to PO Bernie supporters...and they did provide a steady drip of negative headlines even if most voters didn't have time to actually read the boring details...

As far as the DCCC hack...that was pretty ugly as it actually leaked full opposition research..aka the self-critique that candidates run on themselves...every potential scandal that might be used in an election...that was a goldmine that cost local congressional candidates elections when that stuff was leaked to opponents..

They also released DNC donor personal info and CC numbers etc. ...which no doubt was aimed at dampening contributions.

Safe to say...They found equally salacious if not more damaging stuff when they hacked RNC and GOP Operatives, PACs etc.

The idea that hackers would have to know what they would find before hacking is 110% illogical. That is not how hacking works.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes..Russia hacked the DNC...No.. the DNC is not a government agency, it is private...just like the RNC, the Green Party et al. The US government does not manage or run Presidential or congressional candidates campaigns.

In the end the DNC worked hard to prevent The Burn from winning when they saw him gaining momentum, isn't that something you would have liked to know about? Also it is very likely that Hillary was fed questions.... something else one would like to know about.

If the Russians did it then they got info from a DNC insider(s) in the first place, so the Russians might have been the tool used but not the reason. Even Wikileaks is hard set in saying the Russians were not the primary party in the exposure of the emails.

I can see DNC insiders going to Wikileaks with the information and Wikileaks finding a tool that could successfully do the job.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

They also released DNC donor personal info and CC numbers etc. ...which no doubt was aimed at dampening contributions.

Safe to say...They found equally salacious if not more damaging stuff when they hacked RNC and GOP Operatives, PACs etc.

The idea that hackers would have to know what they would find before hacking is 110% illogical. That is not how hacking works.

Then why wasn't the RNC hacked also, seems those darn democrats just can't figure out cyber security. When the information about the emails came out the media was strangely quite, and the saltiness of Bernie supporters was there long before the emails were released, I think they disliked Hillary more the Republicans do lol. In the end the whole deal had little in affecting the election even though Trump was flagged extremely quick as being in bed with Russians over the whole mess.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join