It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY did the Russians do it????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
CIA defied Congress when Congress asked to be briefed about this. Looks like Brennan is in hot water. Trump will have his guts for gutters.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
interesting event...

Obama orders Russia expulsions, sanctions for interference in 2016 election

President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats and sanctioned Russian intelligence officials who Washington believes were involved in hacking U.S. political groups in the 2016 presidential election.

www.reuters.com...

kind of scary really...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hmmm, since I don't think the Russians did it, a better question might be WHY the Dems can't secure their cyber systems from hacking. Maybe the Republicans paid professionals to keep their secrets secure while the Dems hired someone's frat brother because, well, he needs a job and ....a big donor....and ....you know, he might be able to do it. That's the way the Dem party works.
But hey, I happen to believe the simplest answer---that the "hack" was actually a leak from inside the corrupt Dem party. Someone found their integrity sitting on the back shelf of a closet and decided they couldn't let such a blatant criminal sail off to victory---even one with the little jackass beside her name.
Now we have this big smoke and mirrors show being put on by the top dogs in the Dem party---the new top dogs of course, because the old top dogs were exposed by the leaks and resigned in disgrace.

The only real hacking I heard of was the attempts by the office of Homeland Security to probe the voting systems of several states, including my home the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Now, what did the folks at HS need to know about the voters of Kentucky that they couldn't find out by simply asking our Secretary of State?

Maybe the question the prez should be asking is why is Homeland Security attempting to hack state voter registration sites? Oh, wait----are there Russians agents working for HS? Or maybe there were Republicans working for the Russians' team?
Sigh...it's all too confusing.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MysticPearl

a reply to: Annee

You're concerned about Trump's childishness when Obama is throwing a global temper tantrum as we speak?

Is this thread about Obama?

Why, NO - - it isn't.

It's partly about Obama.

So you couldn't answer the question, which again proves your bias.

NO, its about Trump and Putin.

This is an interesting mental exercise to witness, you conveniently pretending the inconvenient doesn't exist.

Obama sure as # is connected to all this as he's the one leveling sanctions against Russia and attempting to make a global mess right before Trump takes office.
edit on 29-12-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
CIA defied Congress when Congress asked to be briefed about this. Looks like Brennan is in hot water. Trump will have his guts for gutters.

Nothing personal. But what you posted is BS.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

You're concerned about Trump's childishness when Obama is throwing a global temper tantrum as we speak?

Is this thread about Obama?

Why, NO - - it isn't.

It's partly about Obama.

So you couldn't answer the question, which again proves your bias.

NO, its about Trump and Putin.

This is an interesting mental exercise to witness, you conveniently pretending the inconvenient doesn't exist.

Obama sure as # is connected to all this as he's the one leveling sanctions against Russia and attempting to make a global mess right before Trump takes office.

MY post was only about Trump and Putin.

I am not interested in talking about Obama.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
interesting event...

Obama orders Russia expulsions, sanctions for interference in 2016 election

President Barack Obama on Thursday ordered the expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats and sanctioned Russian intelligence officials who Washington believes were involved in hacking U.S. political groups in the 2016 presidential election.

www.reuters.com...

kind of scary really...

Scary how? Putin is like all bullies a coward. Obama is letting him off light..but there is also the non public retaliation....making hidden accounts disappear was one thing I heard discussed. Business is business and Putin needs to know there are costs otherwise he will double down next election season.
He is also sitting on a trove of hacked emails from RNC and congress...it makes us vulnerable going forward. He needs to be thoroughly slapped down.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, when Trump is inaugurated, and he "lifts sanctions" on Russia, we'll all have the answer to "Why Russia did it."

This move by Obama, expelling Russian diplomats, is quite funny, because the Russians will respond by expelling US diplomats in return. But, those US diplomats would have been replaced by Trump anyway, once he's in Office, and needs to put his own men over there in Russia.

So, maybe Obama and Trump are working together, and all this tit for tat is just for public show of illusory discord between the camps.

They are all "acting" on the same page.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: network dude

Here's the problem I have with the leaks. They only show one party's info. Mysteriously, the RNC's corruption is still relatively hidden. Are you going to try and tell me the RNC are total angels with no bad secrets to reveal?

By only showing the underbelly of one side, it makes the other side not look so bad. Tell me that doesn't affect and manipulate the mostly stupid population of our country.

The fair thing would have been to show it all. Let the people have all the information on both parties - that's the only fair way. But that didn't happen, did it? Not a fair election.

first off, I wan to be sure you agree that what was exposed was factual, however bad it made the DNC look. Second, I highly doubt the RNC is filled with God's workers, but nobody seems to have spilled any beans on them, so we can only guess. I do know they were idiots in how the managed the election on their end, which is why out final choice was what it was. A criminal or a narcissistic blowhard.

The end result here is the DNC was a victim of it's own making. RIP.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

That post is ramble ranging from smoke grenade to BS bomb.

This is not some Dem charade...the CIA and NSA skew GOP in politics but operate non partisan..

Hell Comey very much hates Hillary and twisted the knife every chance he got...but even he knows the Russians hacked the DNC and what their intent was.

What nonsense and BS being paraded around here.

Hillary is OVER...Trump is POTUS...AND we need to hit Putin back hard in the nose. Those truths are not mutually exclusive. Hillary would have lost without the hacking...that is not the point.

So much disgusting dishonesty and cheerful America hate around here...you guys oscillate between calling Putin a hero and pretending he had nothing to do with it.

Putin is a weak Tyrant in power through fraud and with a little grace will end his reign face down in a puddle behind the Kremlin. No..we should never take any crap from him or his ilk.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the Russians did this. What I want to know is, did Trump know it - did he and Putin have some kind of deal going?

well if you trust the FBI, then no, he didn't.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is a non issue. Even I can hack a gmail account. It does not require an intelligence agency to do it. Thousands of gmail accounts are hacked every single day.
edit on 29-12-2016 by tridalop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Indigo5

Stop BSing...be direct and honest in your questions.

Ok.

You are a hypocrite. Obama and the DNC are hypocrites.

But when the vile corruption in our own government is exposed

What vile corruption in our own government was exposed?

The DNC is a private org and thier bias toward one candidate was exposed.

then what the # is Obama punishing Russia for? They didn't hack Obama's bathroom schedule, they hacked Podesta and along with everyone else, Hillary's server. (possibly, no proof has been offered)

Your own words will be your worst enemy.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The CIA never said there were WMDs..they actually said the intelligence claiming the same was unreliable. Bush and crew concocted that lie. FOIA have proved the same in recent years.

Ignorance...so much of it..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Unless they hacked the brains of voters, there isn't any way the Russians might have effected the outcome of the election.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You keep trying to explain my position and then attack your own explanation.

What are you confused about here?

Russian hackers, specifically the threat known as Fancy Bear APT 28, GRU/Russian Military Intelligence hackers conducted a cyber hacking and leak campaign against US organizations and individuals, former heads of state, congress people and political parties with the intent of interfering with and influencing the outcome of a US Presidential election.

Seriously ...wtf are you missing there?

I have no interest in discussing with someone that pretends to be dumb as rocks for rhetorical or trolling purposes...of course you might not be pretending?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm pretty sure the Russians did this. What I want to know is, did Trump know it - did he and Putin have some kind of deal going?

well if you trust the FBI, then no, he didn't.

www.nytimes.com...

Amazing how you whip out actual articles with actual facts and details when you feel like it.

Note on that investigation...not concluded yet.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'll put my tinfoil hat on for just a second and pretend that the Russians actually did hack the DNC and Podesta; now, how do we even know what their actual intentions are...Isn't it more than likely possible that if both the DNC and the RNC both experienced hack attempts, then maybe Russia was trying to collect blackmail intel on Trump and Clinton, not knowing who would actually be elected...

And to say that we have to 'get back at Putin' for this is laughable and the same damn type of mentality that got Trump elected to begin with. Are you folks so naive as to think that US intelligence agencies don't have massive files and e-mails on Putin and his government, that they most likely hacked themselves. Does that give Putin a green-light to 'get back at Obama' for it...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

I'll put my tinfoil hat on for just a second and pretend that the Russians actually did hack the DNC and Podesta; now, how do we even know what their actual intentions are...

My guess is projection. The CIA has been trying to influence elections for quite some time, that they likely assume everyone else is doing the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
if they did do it, and lets face it they probably did something, its probably because THEY DONT WANT TO GO TO WAR WITH THE US!
edit on 29-12-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join