It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY did the Russians do it????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So, half a day has gone by, CNN is still talking about this, and therefore still can't answer why Russia did anything, or if they even did anything at all. Now there's a senator fellow - Ted Yoho, on CNN saying the reports he read said conjecture. No proof, and he doesn't think Obama should be retaliating without proof positive.

Obama's acting without proof.
Poking that friggin bear.....

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My conclusion is that if the Russians did not do it, fine . And if they did do it, thank you. Maybe they're getting as tired of progressives as I am.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Can I just say congratulations to radical Islam and democrats for doing the impossible:
Making a born and raised Texan conservative open to allying with Russia...

The enemy of my enemy indeed...

It is unfathomable that the president of Russia is aspousing more sane policies than our current POTUS who seems intent on importing Sharia into America...

Again, congratulations democrats and your pet "religion" for such profound idiocy that I am now willing to view Russia as a potential ally....freaking Russia for christs sake

-Chris

I think the lid is finally being lifted off this can of worms. The painted enemies are not really the enemies. It's the US that is perpetuating war all over the world. They have lied, stolen, murdered and cheated their way through the last 30 odd years and blamed everyone else for crimes they never committed. I sincerely hope we are seeing the end to this cancer on the world.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So let me make sure I've got this right...

You feel the US is a "cancer" on the world and should be similarly eradicated??

Is this a fair interpretation of what you said, or did I miss something??

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: UKTruth

So let me make sure I've got this right...

You feel the US is a "cancer" on the world and should be similarly eradicated??

Is this a fair interpretation of what you said, or did I miss something??

Who said anything about eradicated?
I am also, of course, talking about the US govt. But yes, the real enemy of the world is the US govt - right up there with the terrorists they fund.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: diggindirt

That post is ramble ranging from smoke grenade to BS bomb.

This is not some Dem charade...the CIA and NSA skew GOP in politics but operate non partisan..

Hell Comey very much hates Hillary and twisted the knife every chance he got...but even he knows the Russians hacked the DNC and what their intent was.

What nonsense and BS being paraded around here.

Hillary is OVER...Trump is POTUS...AND we need to hit Putin back hard in the nose. Those truths are not mutually exclusive. Hillary would have lost without the hacking...that is not the point.

So much disgusting dishonesty and cheerful America hate around here...you guys oscillate between calling Putin a hero and pretending he had nothing to do with it.

Putin is a weak Tyrant in power through fraud and with a little grace will end his reign face down in a puddle behind the Kremlin. No..we should never take any crap from him or his ilk.

Just tryin' to match the style of the Putin and Trump haters on this site sweetie.

Putin is a weak Tyrant in power through fraud and with a little grace will end his reign face down in a puddle behind the Kremlin. No..we should never take any crap from him or his ilk

Unfortunately, I can't even begin to match your class on posts such as this. I only stand amazed at the ability of msm to invade some folks brains and embed such nonsense. Perhaps if some of you Putin haters could actually speak with some Russian people and actually get some view of him other than the propaganda currently being pushed by people who want to move us back several decades instead of going forward to peaceful trade with all people who share our value systems. Putin is no more communist nor Tyrant than Obama. Possibly less so. He rides tigers and wrestles bears while Obama has a pen and phone and brags about what he can do with them.

I have no idea how Trump will lead this nation. He didn't get my vote for that reason. However, I'm willing to give him at least a day in office before I go off screeching and calling for WWIII to begin. What a childish approach you have to life. You must be a real joy to your grammar school teachers.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Perhaps if some of you Putin haters could actually speak with some Russian people and actually get some view of him other than the propaganda . . .

From what I've gathered, Russia kind of has a Right and Left like America does. And fundamental Christianity is on the rise with Putin's support.

I have no idea how Trump will lead this nation. He didn't get my vote for that reason. However, I'm willing to give him at least a day in office before I go off screeching and calling for WWIII to begin.

I think Putin is far more aware of the political power of the US and Russia, then Trump is. I honestly don't believe Putin wants war with the US. It would not be an intelligent move. IMO

Russia, China, and the US need to come together with a united front.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

My understanding, from speaking often with former students who have returned to Russia, is that they have far more "sides" than do we. I think there are four or five represented in national legislature. They have more choices when it comes to representation. The restrictions on the Orthodox church have been removed and Putin has made it okay to be a person of faith in a higher power. I'm not sure whether that would be considered fundamentalist or not.

I fully agree that neither Putin nor Trump wants war. No sane person wants war. Trump has more reasons than most of us not to want war since his business depends on people being able to travel freely and spend time enjoying themselves in their leisure time. I understand that it is people who are investing in warmongering who are attempting to push the buttons that would make them money. I also understand that some of those folks probably contributed to the Trump campaign but since he spent mostly his own money, I don't really see how they could have a lot of influence over him.
I understand why the banksters want war and why they hate Putin. But again, they have largely lost their influence so despite my uncertainty about what sort of leader the Donald will be, it would seem that at least some of influence of those folks has been lost to them. Yeah, they probably own most of the Congress critters but Congress has turned over the business of war-making to the president so maybe that's a good thing.

China? China is a communist country. I don't see how we can unite with them any more than we can unite with other countries who condone slavery.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thousands of journalists and political activists brutally murdered, tortured and jailed by Putin for asking questions or challenging him politically. Men, women..husbands, mothers, daughters murdered for reporting news or asking questions. He's a cowardly tyrant..you should do some research some time.

And YES I know Russians ..even a couple that have fled Putins regime.

The Russian people are good people not unlike Americans at heart. The Putin regime is the opposite of everything this country stands for.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

There is no coming war with Russia. Those days are over. They are not that kind of threat to the USA anymore. Putin just wants a discredited USA and a weak NATO so he can annex former soviet republics.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Seriously? You know a couple of Russians? Wow, I'm impressed.

Obviously, you are far more knowledgeable than a poor ignorant peasant like me. I bow to your superior knowledge.

What's it like living in the '80s? Do they still have disco in your world?

ETA: Wow, another mind reader of foreign leadership as well as the people posting here! Now I'm really impressed. Thank you so much for your wonderful insights into the mind of a world leader. So you speak Russian or does he think in English?

edit on 29-12-2016 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Seriously? You know a couple of Russians? Wow, I'm impressed.

Obviously, you are far more knowledgeable than a poor ignorant peasant like me. I bow to your superior knowledge.

What's it like living in the '80s? Do they still have disco in your world?

I think you are trying to be insulting?

Try again when you are able to contribute.

You had said " perhaps if some of you Putin haters could speak with Russian people"

I clarified your confusion. I have been to Russia, know Russians ..both still there and ex-pats. Your assumption was false. Your confusions while trying to insult folks are not my issue they are yours.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I don't need to know Putin to know the status of his military, his economic resources and tentative political capital. The USA has massively overspent and invested in military resources, training, technology etc. There is no scenario where Putin would ever threaten the US militarily..he wants to rinse and repeat Crimea, but he needs a weakened NATO and US sanctions lifted. Trump buys him that...but no Russia is not capable of directly threatening the USA any longer militarily ....THAT is living in the 1980s..and even then most of Russians capability circa 1980 was a facade.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I fully agree that neither Putin nor Trump wants war.

I did not say Trump. I said Putin is too knowledgeable for war with the US.

China is the 3rd most powerful nation.

Trump cares about Trump and what's good for Trump.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Thousands of journalists and political activists brutally murdered, tortured and jailed by Putin for asking questions or challenging him politically. Men, women..husbands, mothers, daughters murdered for reporting news or asking questions. He's a cowardly tyrant..you should do some research some time.

And YES I know Russians ..even a couple that have fled Putins regime.

The Russian people are good people not unlike Americans at heart. The Putin regime is the opposite of everything this country stands for.

Proof. Non-western, non-NGO source.

Putin just wants a discredited USA and a weak NATO so he can annex former soviet republics.

Same with this gibberish.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Russia is not capable of directly threatening the USA any longer militarily.

Thermonuclear missiles should not be dismissed lightly.

They may not be planning to invade.

Underestimating your enemy is a mistake that has been made before....

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It was the white hats in the NSA/CIA/FBI/DIA not the Russians. The whole Russian theme is to cover any trail for them.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
It was the white hats in the NSA/CIA/FBI/DIA not the Russians. The whole Russian theme is to cover any trail for them.

Of course, you can prove this.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht

Russia is not capable of directly threatening the USA any longer militarily.

Thermonuclear missiles should not be dismissed lightly.

They may not be planning to invade.

Underestimating your enemy is a mistake that has been made before....

Pakistan is on equal footing by that measure. With nukes .. getting hit by 300 or 3000 is really a mute point. Once one is used and nuclear war starts the world is screwed. Putin will not go there.

As it stands Russia doesn't even have the resources to secure their own nukes. The USA had to lend them teams to disarm and secure their nukes post Soviet collapse...sure Putin could fire off a nuke, but Russia would be instaneously wiped from the map..it's not ever going to happen...assured mutual distruction now with bias for USA tech .. but still mutual.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Putin owns it. He wants his opponents to see what he does to them. Thousands...hell he had his biggest political critic killed crossing the bridge in front of the kremlin a couple years ago and shared the video.

He had another critic who was x fsb poisoned with left over radioactive material while he had asylum in London ..it's a long list.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join