It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35A could deploy to Europe by summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The first overseas deployment of the F-35A could come as early as summer, with a deployment from Hill AFB to an undisclosed location in Europe. SecAF Deborah Lee James made the announcement at a speech at the Atlantic Council. The deployment hasn't been finalized and may change once the incoming SecAF decides.

The first overseas deployment of any F-35 will be F-35Bs from MCAS Yuma, when 10 aircraft deploy to Japan next month. They will eventually be joined by six more aircraft, and will fly missions out of both Iwakuni, and off the USS Bonhomme Richard, in what will be their first shipboard deployment in an operational capability.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So much for it will never fight. I'm guessing they wouldn't say they'd deploy unless they really feel the software is about finished. It will be interesting to see where the USS B Richard goes and what follows it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Fist off I would like to say that I am super excited to see this bird get off the ground. I feel like a kid on christmas morning. Second does the f-35 utilize the same or similar stealth coating as the f-22? And if it does use the same how will desert operations be affected since the f-22 is losing its coating due to the desert conditions recently?a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

No. The F-22 uses a similar glue on coating like previous stealth aircraft, while the F-35 uses a more durable coating that's part of the skin itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The first overseas deployment of the F-35A could come as early as summer, with a deployment from Hill AFB to an undisclosed location in Europe. SecAF Deborah Lee James made the announcement at a speech at the Atlantic Council. The deployment hasn't been finalized and may change once the incoming SecAF decides.

The first overseas deployment of any F-35 will be F-35Bs from MCAS Yuma, when 10 aircraft deploy to Japan next month. They will eventually be joined by six more aircraft, and will fly missions out of both Iwakuni, and off the USS Bonhomme Richard, in what will be their first shipboard deployment in an operational capability.

www.defensenews.com...

..it's to keep the peoples within the mindset of the Revolutionary War, 300 y ago.

There *is no one* "to fight".

is all goodcop badcop in this world - every country - no one excluded
ruled by same clique.

now
why it hurts me to break this poor news...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
..i m so so hurt by Their theatre, constantly

even just ago, "the pakistani president so called misunderstood a newsitem and responded with war" ..

that is this their fake-news assault [!] about :

to never let people realize that the whole world IS UNDER THEIR RULE, already

and yet they come with stirring ** suggestions about wars and so-called tensions

as if we still lived in medeival times

one deluded created muppet theatre

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its good to see it getting some actual work and some real field testing, guess the main trick was to change it into a fixed price and thus its galvanized them to get their finger out and actually produce something they could sell.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

They haven't changed it to fixed price. They've been getting the bugs worked out for the last several years.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

They haven't changed it to fixed price. They've been getting the bugs worked out for the last several years.

Is this the same aircraft that is expected to be onboard the UK's two new Aircraft Carriers (Queen Elizabeth and the Prince of Wales)? as i heard Trump was going to bounce the project due to cost increases. Bin these aircraft and we will need to bin the half built carriers as there is nothing else on the market to fly from them.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I do seem to remember that they certainly put the pinch on the developers and suddenly there was a rather good bit of grey flying around...perhaps fixed price was wrong but suddenly once they had to deliver it under a certain price they decided to actually get it sorted as they couldn't milk the teat as much as they may of hoped.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

No, that was just another PR battle. Lockheed announced they're going to work harder to get costs, that are already coming down nicely, down, Trump declares victory.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The F-35 and F-22 planes are amazing...

Zaphod, u are the smartest person I know regarding our modern air fleet(which is a compliment considering my weekly golf buddy was a lt colonel and F4 pilot who, among other things, flew in linebacker I and II and was a top gun instructor)...

So what is the future of the F35 and F22?

-Chris(zaphod groupie)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Is this the same aircraft that is expected to be onboard the UK's two new Aircraft Carriers (Queen Elizabeth and the Prince of Wales)? as i heard Trump was going to bounce the project due to cost increases. Bin these aircraft and we will need to bin the half built carriers as there is nothing else on the market to fly from them.

USMC would lose its air cover too, never going to happen.

I would imagine having partners would mean there would be contract penalty clauses that would cost the US more to leave than to stay, a bit like Germany found out in Eurofighter.

Plus all the sunken costs means this baby is going to be flying from a UK Carrier near you soon!!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Now I'm jealous. I bet he's got some stories.

There's been talk for years that, if they can get it to work, at least the F-35B will get a laser. They're running into issues with the fiber lasers though, so that might be many years away.

Other than that, the upgrade plans are mostly classified.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

He's a hero...to be honest, we don't talk about much other than golf, civilian life and occasionally NASA...

-Chris

new topics

top topics

join