It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer, the disease that we cannot cure (ever?) but we CAN treat people!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Well here it is... I cant read understand it (not a doctor nor scientist).

ijnr.us... ch.pdf

Sorry but your link doesn't go to a cancer research study, it goes to a page with many documents but nothing on cancer.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Mercola, anti vaccines and chemophobic websites, thread full of conspiracy stuff, and not one single article on the newest research in cancer treatments. No one single peer reviewed study.

Smoke weed and eat kale folks. Doctors don't know # about cancer. They go to school all their lives to make sure they can watch you die from "no money in cures".

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Sorry but your link doesn't go to a cancer research study, it goes to a page with many documents but nothing on cancer.

Here it is, looks like you need to register with that website to read that pdf.

Cancer research pdf

edit on 26-12-2016 by LonnyZone because: url edit

edit on 26-12-2016 by LonnyZone because: quote added

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: TerryDon79

The only reasons I even came into this thread was because a, it's a cancer thread and b, you posted about the PH nonesense.

Again the hostle PH is not nonsense. The hoaxes that were caused by mallinformed individus are. PH in combination with cancer treatment is researched by Regular science. I'm disappointed that you cannot see the difference between those 2.

Let's say for the sake of argument that raising PH levels kills cancer cells. You know what else kills cancer cells? A handgun, boiling water, hydrochloric acid, compounds found in olive oil, and literally thousands of other foods, plants, fungi and even a few found in rocks.

Just because something works in a lab doesn't mean it works in humans.

This is also ignoring the fact that cancer isn't just one disease. There are many forms of cancer and many of these forms don't respond well to certain treatments where others respond extremely well.

I have no idea why you seem to think you know better than people who study cancers for a living. People who have a vested interest in understanding these diseases. You seem to think there's a magical method of curing all cancer, and you're simply wrong.

What you would propose would kill people. It is based on pseudoscience that has killed people, and here you are doubling down a conspiracy theory because you have no idea what modern science actually says on the subject. People like you are all over the internet spreading this dangerous bull#. People who are dealing with cancer and other diseases are looking for hope, and you people spread deadly placebos as the source of their hopes.

If there's one thing I dislike the internet for its folks like you who are more concerned with how people react to your bull# than you are about the fact that you're spreading it.
edit on 26 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

You can´t mess with your PH levels, your urin will show different levels but that´s because your body is regulating the PH levels so constant that you simply can´t change it much with your diet.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There is very promising research going on in Sydney, Australia with new types of cancer drugs. However the problem they have is that it breaks down the cancer tumours too quickly and then you have liver poisoning which kills the patient.
However the method of destruction seems to work very well and doesn't harm non cancer cells.

I did a quick google search and couldn't find a link (too many to sort through) for that particular research.

I'm also an advocate of Lactoferrin as a supplement. Lactoferrin is derived from Bovine mothers milk. Its the multi-glycoprotein that activates the new-borns immune system and also helps the baby fight virus and infections while their immune is developing. Anyhow, being a multi-functional Glyco-protein, it has other functions as well that can aid in the reduction of cancer cells. The main function in helping fight cancer is its ability to bind with iron to become a molecule known as transferrin. Transferrin when taken up iron then delivers the iron to healthy cells with transferrin receptors, this avoids cancer cells and effectively starves cancer of its 'food' iron which it needs to grow and spread.

So in short taking 600-800mg of pure Lactoferrin daily can aid in the treatment of all types of cancer by reducing its spread and allowing current chemos to work more effectively. There is also research being done that shows in lab tests lactoferrin can induce apoptosis in some cancer cells, but that one isn't for certain yet.

A few links:
pubmed
Lactoferrin explained

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Main Stream Medicine will NEVER ALLOW Cancer to be cured. Just think of the economic impact. What would happen if all of a sudden a BILLION DOLLAR industry suddenly collapsed?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Ive been a reader on this site for years now and rarely comment, but your argument and understanding of ph treatment for cancer is totally skewed.

Its actually very real but not in the way you think. The bodies ph cannot literally be raised beyond a particular threshold because of its natural balance BUT its the mere presence of alkaline substances in the body which makes is more aerobic or highly oxygenated. When one consumes non hybridized alkaline foods and alkaline water it increases the amount of oxygen carried by your red blood cells.

The kicker here is that that incresed oxygen actually causes damage to cancer cells/tumors. Most dis_ease within the body is caused by an oxygen deficency and cancer is not excluded. All i have seen you do TerryDon is ridicule and disregard the theory without a single scientific argument like you are an agent of the very pharmacutical companies that dont want us to have these dialogues.

So no, of course no one is going to directly inject a foriegn alkaline substance into a persons bloodstream... its illogical... and dangerous..try not to assume people are not that simple in their thinking.....oh an checkout hydrogen peroxide therapy in europ and hyperbarics... you might be surprised that oxygen/ph plays a large role in your well being.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectiveJohn

Most dis_ease within the body is caused by an oxygen deficency and cancer is not excluded. All i have seen you do TerryDon is ridicule and disregard the theory without a single scientific argument like you are an agent of the very pharmacutical companies that dont want us to have these dialogues.

I'd like to see one peer reviewed paper on ANYTHING you just said.

Good god.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

pfff Again and again and again ....

PH levels of cancertissue can be changed and this has been done in experiments.
I DID NOT SAY TO CHANGE THE PH LEVELS OF BLOOD.
BLOOD IS A BUFFER!!!!

I just said PH IS THE KEY.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

f there's one thing I dislike the internet for its folks like you who are more concerned with how people react to your bull# than you are about the fact that you're spreading it.

Just because something works in a lab doesn't mean it works in humans.

So why should there be lab tests then ? Even the paper says that there has to be further research...

What you would propose would kill people

So what did I propose ? ALL I SAID IS PH IS THE KEY. You reading thing that I didn't write.
than you start to insult..

Folks like me , you don't know me do you ? Point is that the PH relation is still researched.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

As said in multiples post here, you cannot change blood pH except for a tiny margin (7.35 to 7.45), but sure you can make the compensations mechanism work harder one side or the other.

It is true that solid cancer cells induce a much more acidic environment for themselve but this is stricly within the tumor micro-environment. That acidity is one of the mechanism to protect themselve from immune cells. Extracellular pH values in tumors can be as low as pH 6.0-6.5. As said before, solid tumor have poor perfusion, so even if you could change blood pH, the tumor micro-environment would still be shielded against this pH modification. Terminal stage patients sometimes dies of acidosis when cancer is so developped that blood pH compensation is no longer able to keep pH at physiological level.

If you truly want to intervene on pH of tumor micro-environment, the key is to send a monkey wrench into the enzymatic mechanism producing this acidity from the start. Recent work have provided evidence that Lactic Acid production by cancer cell is not simply a waste product but a major mechanism for cancer survival and metastasis promotion. And it is this Lactate production that produce the acidity.

Lactic Adic production can be interfered either at metabolic level like blocking Lactate dehydrogenase or by blocking transmembrane transporter monocarboxylate transporters (MCTs). This is a very exciting recent change in paradigm for cancer research.

However, we must remember that cancerous cells have lots of trick to stay alive and are capable of adaptation, and stunningly, some tumors are multiphasic, made of cells of complimentary metabolism that help feed one anothers, like an organism.

edit on 27-12-2016 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectiveJohn

The kicker here is that that incresed oxygen actually causes damage to cancer cells/tumors. Most dis_ease within the body is caused by an oxygen deficency and cancer is not excluded.

No, cancer is caused by accumulation of defects (genetic or epigenetic) in a cell coupled to a process of natural selection that eventually produce a rogue cell that ignore most regulation message telling it what its job is supposed to be, and reproduce in a disorganised and variable way (genomic instability). In fact, normal cell are in a metastable state that can sometime revert to a more stable and "survivable" cancerous state.

This is why there is an infinity of variation of cancer... The day we solve for good the problem of all cancers, we will also solve the problem of immortality!
edit on 27-12-2016 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

ALL I SAID IS PH IS THE KEY.

You've said a lot of things. None of which are supported by peer review studies.

I can wait until you post them. By the time you find one I'm sure ATS will no longer be in service, and we'll all be long dead.
edit on 27 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

BTW I have a 3rd cousin a girl who at 9 got luciema tehy did all thouse treatments on her taht was back in 1980ds she lived and lives still it going and never even lost her hair (not every one does you know ) Glad her mom was smart enough to get it treated in a way taht worked .

Chemotherapy have proven to be very successful in non-solid cancer like Leukemia. The same cannot be said about solid cancer...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

I'm not a Doctor nor a researcher. But I can confirm that there is a recent change of paradigm in cancer research. The reason that I said 'PH is the key' is because I heard it first hand.

However, we must remember that cancerous cells have lots of trick to stay alive and are capable of adaptation, and stunningly, some tumors are multiphasic, made of cells of complimentary metabolism that help feed one anothers, like an organism.

Interesting , Indeed controlling PH of cancercells might be a great step in the good direction though.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The reason that I said 'PH is the key' is because I heard it first hand.

From an oncologist? An epidemiologist? A geneticist?

Who did you hear this from?

You want recent cancer research start here:
www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

If you had you wouldn't be asking for what's already out there.

Enjoy the read

Interesting read if put in perspective with another work that have studied effect of Lactate on murine cancer xenograph. Lactate stimulated the formation of metastatic foci by ~10-fold.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You've said a lot of things.

it's a conspiracy forum man ? you know what that means don't you ?. Look my friend is into cancer research researching results of ph change in cancer tissue. Told me PH is the Key, I dont mean the Cure. that are two different words ? You just jumping to conclusions and start to insult do ya ?

Your reasoning :
Because you know about Dr manchini and he was a hoaxer so ph is a hoax all ph is a hoax..

Look I know about the alkalic hoaxes I condemn them. But that doesn't mean that PH can offer valuable insights in how to combat cancer.

By the time you find one I'm sure ATS will no longer be in service, and we'll all be long dead.

april 2017... ATS stops !! oh please protect me with ya big gun and ya little head

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Doctor of medicine involved in cancer research.

thanks for the link to the ... scanning through....

Love this one...

Maybe Linus Pauling was on to something after all. Decades ago the Nobel Prize–winning chemist was relegated to the fringes of medicine after championing the idea that vitamin C could combat a host of illnesses, including cancer.

www.sciencemag.org... or-cells-hard-treat-mutation

Yeah ...this site did crap on linus pauling a long time ago as I remember...
If it comes to research I rather talk with scientists than ATS'ers

edit on 12272016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join