It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Bank Gives Food To Muslims, Muslims then Demand Food Be Halal Compliant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is a food bank that isn't giving food that is Muslim diet compliant. And there are angry Muslims that are unhappy about the food that is given to them from the food pantry.

A group of Muslims came to complain and give a list of demands recently after their local food bank didn’t give them food that they felt was up to their standards for “proper” food. The angry group then proceeded to make some heated accusations and berate an unidentified individual about how unhappy they were with their handouts.

Hassan Mohanoud is a teacher of Islamic law and spoke on the angry Muslim groups behalf, and said that the people are here just asking you to fulfill the promise you made.
A person from the group wanted the food bank to know that they are only asking for ethnic food, unexpired food and healthy food.

Imam Hassan Mohamoud, a teacher of Islamic law at William Mitchell College of Law, spoke on behalf of a group of Muslims living in America, stating: “All these people are here just asking you to fulfill the promises that you made.”

He stood around other Muslims, some women seated with their hijabs on, and some men standing around him, while he spoke an unidentified individual regarding food being provided to Muslims through, apparently, charitable food banks.

“We are asking only to have proper food which is, number one, ethnic food, and number two, unexpired, healthy food,” Mohamoud said.

usherald.com...

Another unidentified man said that he understands that some food banks have halal food that is Muslim compliant. He was interrupted by another person who said that was not the case.
It would be hard to get the food that is required at all time to give to every different group. Or so it would seem.

The unidentified man in the video, which was undated but posted to Laura Ingraham’s Facebook page on Tuesday, said that he believed some food pantry locations were already providing food that met the requirements of Muslim Shariah law.

“It is my understanding there are several food shelves that are providing halal,” he said, but was interrupted by a woman who claimed that was not the case.

As you might imagine, the comments on Ingraham’s page were generally not supportive.

edit on 25-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Maybe the muslim comunity could open a halal food bank.
If I was so hungry to use a food bank I would be glad for anything.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Me too. I can't find the video, I would love to get that and see a little bit of the body language and hear the talk.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Must admit though after I saw the halal slaughterhouse in Bradford (they were punching sheep) I stay away from halal food especially if it is not stunned first.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Does a non stunned kill make the meat taste off?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I agree with testingtesting on this. Maybe the Muslims could start their own food bank. Getting that food might be kind of hard unless you had the connections somewhere. On top of that, their kind of food might not be good for other people. It takes many generations to adapt properly to foods. It goes both ways, for them and for others not like them.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Dunno it just doesn't sit well with me cutting throats and bleeding to death at least if stunned first the beast will experience less pain.
I was always told if you stress the animal while being killed it does make the flesh taste not as good as unstressed flesh.
edit on 25-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well shucks, how about wealthy oil rich arab nations provide a world hunger relief fund for hungry muslims in diaspora.

Give that food they dont want to the plenty of hungry people in our own communities.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Does a non stunned kill make the meat taste off?

This question is not really a question.
edit on 2016-12-25T23:23:57-06:002201625America/Chicago12 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Mother#ers! Nothing boils my blood more than ungrateful pieces of # who are hungry, and then become picky about the food given them for free. I literally just kicked a homeless friend out of my driveway from being here a month for this same #ing thing!

Like he is homeless, and abandoned his job to live in his van because "I have nowhere to keep my dogs (three little #s/rat chihuahua)". Ok what the # ever, he is my friend, I will let him crash in my driveway seeing as I have a full house with a big family. I bring him food when I made it, only to hear him say "ohh im not hungry right now, I will eat it later" . I found out he was giving the food he did not like given to him by me, my neighbors, and his mother who would sometimes drop it off to his goddamned dogs!!! So I said # it, he don't need no more food from me.

On Christmas Eve, he said he was hungry in the midde of the night and asked him if he wanted leftover Chinese noodles that I was going to heat up. He said sure. When I bring it out, he is very hesitant to eat it, as if he does not like it. OMFG whatever, I would have just taken it inside, and then he goes "hey watch this" an proceeds to give a serving to one of his dogs from the fork as if to show me some cool trick his dog could do. I #ing lost it!

I snatched the whole thing from him and dumped it in the garbage. Then yelled at him "I don't #ing work my ass off and offer you the food that my wife or children could be eating to feed your god damned RATS! If you are going to be #ing a picky little bitch but claim to be a grown man at 38, you can just get your # out of my shed and drie the # out of here right now!!"

Tried to give me some salty guilt trip about "hey man your going to kick your friend to the street on Christmas Eve?!" I told him damn right, go spend the weekend with your brother and mother, who lied to you about where you live because they are tired of dealing with your parasitic ass! i ried to show mercy, but you just want to take advantage as if everything in life is entitled to you! NOW # OFF!!"

As a child who experienced hunger in the early nineties, I will flip out on mother #ers who claim to be hungry and then waste food or act all high and mighty about special accomodations . If your complaining about special preparations or feeding food to your dogs, your not #ing hungry so GTFO!!!!!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
An old saying...
Beggers can't be choosers.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I never thought I'd say something like this...

But Muslims either need to stop the complaining and entitlement crap or go back wherever they came from.

What was the last similar headline? They burned down the building because they didn't get enough German chocolates and gummy bears? Good lord!

This crap has got to stop. I am prejudiced now. Prejudiced against ALL entitled complainers!

edit on 25-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That's a ridiculous demand.. Food Bank food is graciously donated by stores and citizens. Trust me from personal experience, If you are hungry/desperate enough to go to the food bank you don't care what they give you. You shut the f*ck up, love it and be happy your family isn't hungry. I know I did we I needed help.

If you want religious complaint food for the poor, than get your ass out in your community and take up donations of non perishable or freezable whatever religion you are compliant food and take that to the food bank so they can distribute it to like minded folks in need. The food bank doesn't go out and buy food. Hell get on food stamps and buy whatever you want.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You forgot to mention that this alleged incident allegedly happened almost two years ago and was completely unsubstantiated even back then. Just more click bait Islam bashing trash.

old news

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My girlfriend is muslim and we have to get halal meat but she does have a guilty pleasure for bacon so it equals itself out

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is so easy. If you don't want the food go hungry. Period.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
You forgot to mention that this alleged incident allegedly happened almost two years ago and was completely unsubstantiated even back then. Just more click bait Islam bashing trash.

old news

It's not exactly Islam bashing but more bashing the prick complaining and providing some understanding of how the program works and a solution for their plight.

Nice try bud, try some different race bait next time.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This is so easy. If you don't want the food go hungry. Period.

It used to be easy until some people lost their damn minds and "feel" more than think.
edit on 2016-12-26T00:15:26-06:002201626America/Chicago12 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You could give them food, money, stuff... Some people are never satisfied or thankful for what they're given. These kind of people are completely classless.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Let the unappreciative SOB's starve then. Why should we feed such thugs anyway?

According the their holy book they can practise cannibalism, so why should they care if their baked beans are halal or not?

edit on 26-12-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join