It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Bank Gives Food To Muslims, Muslims then Demand Food Be Halal Compliant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Mind you imagine If you was in China at a food bank and they offered you Dog? Im sure many would turn their noses up to that also.
I wouldn't had it in Nam and it tasted pretty good.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Erm [and no sarcasm] these people are not proper muslims. A proper muslim knows that in time of need or if your health would be at risk or any such things, muslims are actually ALLOWED to eat whatever there is.

This is all i can find at the moment: www.boycotthalal.com...

It has the koran bits mentioned in there if anyone want's to double check.

These moaners are dumba$$es who have no idea about anything apart from how to get freebies. They have a victim mentality and no idea about their own religion. Could some actual muslims please step in and enlighten them.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
These moaners are dumba$$es who have no idea about anything apart from how to get freebies. They have a victim mentality and no idea about their own religion. Could some actual muslims please step in and enlighten them.

Whilst agreeing with most of what you say .... I disagree with your use of

saying they have a *victim* mentality, I believe they have an *entitlement*

mentality.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Food Bank Gives Food To Muslims, Muslims then Demand Food Be Halal Compliant

Well I guess beggers can be choosers.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm not a picky eater, but if you don't like something it's pretty tough to eat it. No matter how hungry I get, I'm not going to eat mushrooms for example. I just physically can't do it. For religious dietary restrictions it's even worse because going against them is basically like telling your god to f off. If you're going to offer a Muslim food bank, it's deceptive to not make the food Islam compliant.

Also, what did you expect your friend to do with his dogs? Not feed them?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

For religious dietary restrictions it's even worse because going against them is basically like telling your god to f off. If you're going to offer a Muslim food bank, it's deceptive to not make the food Islam compliant.

The only difference in the meat is the way in which it is slaughtered....

There is no difference in the taste. I should imagine many Muslim's

have inadvertently bought and eaten non halal meat sold as halal

without knowing it.

As an earlier poster on this thread *Scubagravy* page 2 mentioned a factory

where a certain percentage of chickens coming of the conveyor belt had a

halal sticker stuck on the label.

So the eating of halal is not in the knowledge of what it is but a matter

of *faith* in believing that it is halal.

edit on 27-12-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Religious restrictions have nothing to do with taste.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Blaine91555

There are people across all cultures who have an entitled approach to the food they're given. Agree on that.

But this is different. This is one culture migrating to other cultures in other countries, and then complaining about the food. Which other culture does this?

I've yet to hear of say, Canadians moving to Russia and crying about the food they're given from a food bank.

Not quite the same as the food is a requirement of their faith. I see nothing wrong with them asking, but anger and demands would be a whole other thing.

The best answer would be if the food banks worked with them for a solution.

The anger I suspect is related to what I was talking about. It's embarrassing needing handouts, even more so having to ask for them and it no doubt makes it worse having to ask for accommodations from another culture for religious reasons.

Maybe it would be far less confrontational if both sides learned to live and work together, but it seems a weakness of the human condition is hate directed at those who are different. I suspect the veiled fear and hate of each others cultures had a lot to do with this from both sides.

Look at the title which uses the words "Muslims Demand". It would be better if it read Muslims asked if there could be an accommodation made for their religious needs and the food bank worked with them to find a solution.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Give them all mirrors so they can watch themselves starve.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Religious restrictions have nothing to do with taste.

That's not what i was implying. Just saying that unless they actually

slaughter or go to the slaughter house the chicken/meat is bought in

*faith* there is no way of telling if what they are eating is halal

They take it on trust??

There are factories that put different labels on the same products

coming off the same conveyor belt .... in the effort of satisfying the

different requirements of customers.

As I said it boils down to *believing* in that what they eat is the real

thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Assuming the company is telling the truth is all you can really do though. Sometimes they lie, but usually they don't.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
The best answer would be if the food banks worked with them for a solution.

Firstly the people working at the food banks are not being paid, they are

giving of their time freely, and I have no doubt working hard to accommodate

everyone's likes and dislikes, and dietary needs within reason and what is

available, we have our own who are needy and need help too.

The stock is not chosen, It is often donated (by those only just managing themselves)

The anger I suspect is related to what I was talking about. It's embarrassing needing handouts, even more so having to ask for them and it no doubt makes it worse having to ask for accommodations from another culture for religious reasons.

What I find embarassing is the lack of 'gratitude' for things that are given freely.

They aren't exactly singled out ..... like wearing armbands or queuing in separate

queues. From what i know the people working for free at these food banks

are very supportive and sympathetic.

Look at the title which uses the words "Muslims Demand". It would be better if it read Muslims asked if there could be an accommodation made for their religious needs and the food bank worked with them to find a solution.

It would probably be better all round IF they did ASK rather than demanding

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You are misunderstanding. When I say work with them, I mean work with the Muslim community as a whole. Were that the case, they would receive donations of the right food and even end up with Muslim's volunteering.

No need to highlight the working for free part. I've put in many thousands of hours at charities helping those in need.

Believe me, Muslims need not be present for some of those being helped to be angry and seem ungrateful. Once I realized it was in no small part related to the embarrassment of having to ask for help, it could be ignored for the most part.

You also need to remember that a devout member of any faith can't just ignore their teachings. To expect Muslims to just change their diet to one they can't eat and remain faithful is not a reasonable answer and if the help is given out of love, those involved would work with them to find an answer.

But then one of the things that keeps the world a dangerous place is hate between cultures, rather than learning to coexist together. Bigotry is sadly all too common among us and the idea of actually working with others to find a way to get along does not occur to those consumed with hatred of anyone who is different. Tribalism will be the death of us on a global scale sooner or later.

Imagine for a minute being on the other side of this. You are having to go to people you do not know and beg for help, you can't eat the wrong foods without being unfaithful to your heartfelt religion and beliefs and then you run headlong into people who pretend to care, but don't really unless you fit into their mold of who they think you should be and don't care about your faith. Anger might just be a natural response to the situation.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

To expect Muslims to just change their diet to one they can't eat and remain faithful is not a reasonable answer and if the help is given out of love, those involved would work with them to find an answer.

To go demanding that a charity, a charity food bank changes what it does is poor manners.

Should Vegans get their own food bank? What about Jews? How about diabetics?

The Muslims in question are just a bunch of bad behaving children, ungrateful for the genuine help that is being offered. And they are slapping the face of the kind hearted people who do donate to these places.

As I said before, if they don't want to eat the pork, then don't take it home or give it to someone else. Vegetables are Halal, Bread is Halal, only meat has these stupid regulations. So why don't they just shut up, take the food and go to a Halal butcher for the meat they prefer instead?
edit on 28-12-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
maybe ditch them so he can go back to work like he should have did after the first week?? He got rid of them after a month so his mother and brother would let them live with him.

An adult man has misplaced priorities if he sacrifices his source of income and a place to live over some rat dogs.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's a new twist.

Apparently, now beggars can indeed be choosers.

What next...street beggars asking if you have any spare notes?

(post by JimChino removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You've never been truly hungry.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
An adult man has misplaced priorities if he sacrifices his source of income and a place to live over some rat dogs.

Maybe he loves the dogs? Perhaps you don't like the breed, but some people consider dogs members of their family. It's not as easy to just get rid of them.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
You've never been truly hungry.

No, but I've had food be really tight before. A few years back for awhile I was at a point where I was rationing myself to a half pack of ramen per day because that's all I could afford. I've been at other points where for example I only had enough food to eat a cup of rice or two every other day.

Is that "truly hungry"? I suppose it wasn't quite at starvation level, but I wasn't exactly eating well either. What's the phrase though? Missing meals builds character?

Regardless, there's some things I just can't eat, because they don't register as food to me. It doesn't matter how hungry I get.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join