It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Bank Gives Food To Muslims, Muslims then Demand Food Be Halal Compliant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
You forgot to mention that this alleged incident allegedly happened almost two years ago and was completely unsubstantiated even back then. Just more click bait Islam bashing trash.

old news

Mhmmmmm

Yeah right.........

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
meh
edit on 12 26 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This is so easy. If you don't want the food go hungry. Period.

"whadda ya want for nothing? Rubber biscuits? bow bow bow"

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I agree with testingtesting on this. Maybe the Muslims could start their own food bank. Getting that food might be kind of hard unless you had the connections somewhere. On top of that, their kind of food might not be good for other people. It takes many generations to adapt properly to foods. It goes both ways, for them and for others not like them.

Adapt ?

Hardly more than a sticker on the box in most cases.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

I agree with testingtesting on this. Maybe the Muslims could start their own food bank. Getting that food might be kind of hard unless you had the connections somewhere. On top of that, their kind of food might not be good for other people. It takes many generations to adapt properly to foods. It goes both ways, for them and for others not like them.

Adapt ?

Raises an interesting question ...How many workers are pissed off about having to "halal" the food and do the old spit in the burger trick like at your favorite hamburger shop

food handled by people anywhere down the chain gives me the creeps and the cynical side of me thinks this halal food might be gaining some extra ingredients so to speak somewhere down that chain...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

True.... we can only guess.

My post was of experience, i had to help out a mate at a meat packaging plant. His job was to apply stickers to 20% of the boxes that came along his conveyor, on the sticker it said ( Halal Certified ). All he had to was look at the job sheet, calculate how many boxes he needs to apply said stickers. My point is, is that *non blessed meat simply passes along with all the other meat too, so what's the point.

I am sure this is not for all places, but i saw it, and since have heard of others. Eastern Australia.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Trump will be doing them a favor by deporting them. Not only will they not have any non-halal food then but they also wont have any food banks to have any issues with.

Its a luxury issue.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
People who want to be that particular for religious reasons ......

I say let the solution be ....

That they allow that their deities provide for them, if there is no

provision for their needs they will meet their *maker* sooner than they

expect!!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We have food banks and are charitable for many reasons, some of which is to have the opportunity to be charitable, to be philanthropic, to be generous. It's kind of a human need, and it counter-acts one's own tendency to be 'selfish' (not the same as logical self-interest to the Randians).

I agree with the idea of an ethnic group starting their own food banks to support their own tastes and religious constraints. It does not matter if it's 'not easy'. Most, if not all ethnicities have some financial strata that could be funding.

However, this phenomenon is pretty ubiquitous - the picky attitude, the unreasonable demands (from our point of view - people that work(ed) for a living and are self-sufficient to an extent.

We do a homeless meal on Mondays (one is up tonight). Inevitably we get people who complain they are vegetarians. We get meat eaters who say they need their meat. We get homeless who don't want something because they have a sense someone 'touched' it (like Sheldon, lol).

We get people who say 'there's a hair in my food' (but it's gone now...). There are some other funny ones, oh, I know - I was manning the clicker at the door and some guy shouted over at me to get him some catsup. I'm like 'huh?' I'm somewhat new, I don't know anything about the 'food' part.

Normally this is a pretty nice group. Most of the stuff they do is comical if you think about it. One guy came in and said 'you look like you're packing heat'. Another wanted to shake my hand (I was clicking and didn't have a hand to shake, so I just didn't 'engage him', though I admit I'm not there to press the flesh with street people at this time.

Anyway, to -me-, as long as they ask nicely, do their own banks or start to, and just leave if they're not happy, it's all good.

We have to remember that -we- who have food and domicile have to suspend our urge to slap the forehead, lol.

FWIW

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Adapt ?

I actually study food chemistry and epigenetics. It is more than a sticker on a box. Over many centuries of diversity, people have developed traditional eating practices which keeps them healthy. I have many enzymes I am deficient from which is a result of the availability of food my ancestors ate. I have developed some tolerance, but I can only eat a small amount of certain foods that I do not make enough enzymes for. The foods I can eat my wife has a hard time with and the foods she eats regularly, and needs to stay healthy, I cannot eat much of. She is only around twenty percent Finn and about twenty five percent Swede. The rest is a mixture of European genetics, Cornish, Irish, etc.

The differences in the diet of middle eastern diet from Northern European ancestral diet are major. Many Northern Europeans who try to eat the Mediterranean diet can get sickly. Even Traditional Native American foods may cause problems for many Americans, they evolved with their foods. The new highly processed foods and stupidity in altering the diet to try to eat way more fruits and veggies is causing a lot of problems in this country. Evidently our FDA wants everyone weak and sick, they allow Fad Nutrition to have a free reign. People in Finland did not have available greens in their diet half the year which meant they pickled things and they retain certain chemistries, not having the enzymes to break them down so they stay in the body. This is an adaptation. It is not a genetic flaw. If they try to increase the green in their diet they do not have the enzymes to detox it. This same thing, varying greatly all over the world, is why we should not alter our diet too fast, it takes generations to alter it successfully, Epigenetic traits are traits, not flaws.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
is there another source?
first, I can't seem to follow the link...
I am interested in what that promise they keep on about was, and who it was made to...
and well, while I was searching I found this...

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

along with a few other links in the search engine that seem to indicate they aren't that trustworthy...

realorsatire.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would love to see the OP in a similar situation, but located in the Iran or Iraq - their eating habits and seasoning is *quite* different to that you are accustomed to.

Or how about a country where they eat horse-meat? Or dog-meat?

We all are culturally formed. To ignore the customs of a different culture is a sign of a bad education to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Screw em, let them go hungry.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Dude it's the same meat just killed slightly differently.
It's religious woo woo, unless you are making the case that halal meat is chemically/biologically different in some measurable way?
I'd be interested in some links to studies.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: rickymouse

Dude it's the same meat just killed slightly differently.
It's religious woo woo, unless you are making the case that halal meat is chemically/biologically different in some measurable way?
I'd be interested in some links to studies.

They do, as do the Jewish people, have special ways to kill animals. But there are differences on how the animals are raised too many times. I know more about the Kosher rating, I did some research on that and studied genetics as related to the regular Jewish people somewhat. The Kosher rating does not really help those who are not original Jews.

The Halal rating would not be needed except for people who lived that way for a long time.

When I go deer hunting, I know that what happens before and after shooting a deer effects the chemistry of the meat, changing the flavor of the meat. Now that alteration of chemistry is different than the Calfs prep by Jewish people and by the way they do our beef. Hanging of a side of beef changes the chemistry quite a bit, natural enzymes work on the meat. The wet aging does not work the same way, it is not tolerated by a lot of people, our young do not even know the difference, my kids are used to that and it has not got the same properties as real aged beef. This will lead to future susceptibility to diseases and a lessening of muscle elastins. The average age of death is dropping now. Partially because of alterations to the American diet and that includes the way our beef is grown.

Did you know that by starving a lamb before slaughtering it there is a major change in the meat chemistry?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to: rickymouse

This thread is about halal.
Do you have any links/studies to support claims of measurable differences in chemical composition in halal meat?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Exactly why the left worships this protected group!
The bigger the cry baby the better I suppose.
"I don't want my meat slaughtered as humanely as possible."
"I want it beat to death by hand!"

Exactly what I have come to expect from this particular group.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I would learn to love the traditional food of the country, learn their language and customs as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Poor women and kids... sorry, poor adults. Very famous video but public refuse to see the reality. Like worldstarcountry said earlier in this thread: Nothing boils my blood more than ungrateful pieces of # who are hungry, and then become picky about the food given them for free. This is Europe reality, destruction of own society .

Can someone repair the link to vid ??

Link to video,
edit on Mon, 26 Dec 2016 15:01:49 -0600America/Chicago490126America/Chicago12312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon, 26 Dec 2016 15:03:33 -0600America/Chicago330326America/Chicago12312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why are any of us worrying about feeding a muzzie..... let allah do it if he likes them so much

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join