It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blade Runner: 2049 (Teaser trailer)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wasn't too keen on a sequel at first. But for some reason now I'm interested, maybe it's because it's directed by Denis Villeneuve (who made this years' Arrival, which is one of the best sci-fi's I've seen in recent times.), and it's executive produced by Ridley Scott.
Also this teaser got me excited!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Plz dont mess this one up, the first one was epic.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

YESSSSS!

And Ryan Gosling as the Runner? Yes please.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Abysha because: geek cred typo

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes please. This looks good. I think they could continue this into a franchise and a string of films if they don't muck it up.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I hope it's good but i wasn't too keen on the arrival.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Is Rutger in it?

No Rutger.. No Blade Runner

Sorry.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die."

Edit: Of course i hope and like to be it a good film, just got a little sentimental..

Mea culpa ! : )

edit 2: To me one of the best movie scene ever.. for a variety of reasons...

It just is , and lets all enjoy it and absorb !
edit on 19-12-2016 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
:horns:

(ATS needs a "horns" emoticon for news that rawks!)

Ridley Scott is a busy boy! That show Brain Dead is pretty funny which is odd for a sci-fi show. Then there are the Prometheus movies. And now Blade Runner 2. That is a lot of projects!

This should be good!

I think Sebastian therefor I am - Pris

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This looks awesome! Marking this down for a theater watch.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Is Rutger in it?

Sorry.

Time to die."

Edit: Of course i hope and like to be it a good film, just got a little sentimental..

Definitely my favourite Sci-fi BUT only the directors cut without the voice over.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Do androids dream of electric sheep in 2049?

Shout out to you, Horse lover fat, you RULE!

R.I.P The great Phillip K. Dick.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

wow! cool, can't wait.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
From the trailer it looks and sounds great. I wonder if Rachel will be in it.

I've read a few of the Blade Runner novels by K.W.Jeter which I thought would translate well into a film.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Wait.... I thought that the creators of the original acknowledged that Harrison Ford's character was a replicant.

In that light, something about the preview doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps I've got to go back and watch the original again.

Either way I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be a good sci-fi movie, even if it doesn't quite live up to the original.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Is Rutger in it?

Sorry.

Time to die."

To be candid, I think having a prequel/back-story flick about this character would have gotten me a heck of a lot more excited than a sequel.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Both you and EartOccupant make excellent point's, add to that the fact the soundtrack for the original was utterly brilliant and Vangelis was at his very best during this period (chariots of fire being another of his great work's) it made the atmosphere for the film almost as much as Ridley Scot's fantastic directing and the dark cinematography.

I would have liked to see a prequel story as well, maybe one that paid homage to the Character played by Rutger Hauer (I probably spelled that wrong) and the war's he had fled from when he realized his own nature as a synthetic soldier, who were they fighting out there, other human's in a corporate military war or actual alien's as they set out to colonize other world's.

I always thought that the time frame was too close and one edit I would have made to the original story was to move it a hundred years forward in time but then back in the 80's we had great hope's for our level of advancement especially with the old Moor's law not having come up against quantum barriers back than and the rate of circuit integration growing almost exponentially.

But then it was never about realism and was one of the great break's, oddly though I regard it as one of the finest science fiction movies of all time being as it was a shared inspiration with Ghost in the shell as both drew on Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep and therefore exploring the potential ethical ramifications of artificially intelligence being's and how we treat them, and how they treat us I seldom watch it having been immersed fully the first time around while less complex and more action oriented movie's I can often watch two or three time's.

And the Short promo video looks' to show that a similar style of cinematography is once again in use, just maybe Scot can actually better his original film, he has after all far superior speciel effect's available so let's hope, I wonder if they will re-use any of the earlier sound track or perhaps create a new one.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

No I don't think it was ever suggested H. Ford was a replicant.

edit: not in the published movie at least..
edit on 20-12-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

2049???? bit early to be advertising is it not

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Virtually they can replicate him like they did in rogue one..

Actors are just like other people ,if they are a benefit I've got no problem with that, if they are a hazard well I still would love to see the guy back there on the screen .

Let's. Hope it's going to be a great movie

edit on 0b55America/ChicagoTue, 20 Dec 2016 08:09:55 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Dec 2016 08:09:55 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Blade Runner is my all time favourite film , the cast made the film great as much as the story.
I hope the new film can live up to the mighty original but films these days rarely do , hopefully the money has gone into the story not the SFX.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

No I don't think it was ever suggested H. Ford was a replicant.

edit: not in the published movie at least..

Here ya go....

Blade Runner fans have long argued about the true nature of the film’s protagonist, Rick Deckard, and whether or not the film’s replicant hunting protagonist was, ironically, a replicant himself.

Well, director Ridley Scott has given his definitive answer on the matter, in an interview with Digital Spy. If you’re someone who appreciates the film’s ambiguity and would rather not have Scott’s answer effect your interpretation of the film, you should probably stop reading here.

Still with us? Okay, here it is.

“He is definitely a replicant,” Scott says.

Scott goes on to explain how elements of the film should tip audiences off to this fact, if they’re paying attention, including the unicorn dream sequence Scott added in his director’s cut of the film.

Source Link

Edit to Add: That's why the preview (as cool as it is) confuses me a little bit. I assure you though, I WILL be watching this movie.
edit on 20-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join