It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've all seen this movie before..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Or maybe we haven't...

The people are blindly divided, oppressed and lied to.
Unknowingly pitted against one another in an internal war orchestrated by powerful hands.
Then out of no where an unexpected hero comes along and stands up for the people while staring down the "establishment"
The "establishment" try and discredit said hero with more propaganda and lies.
All of a sudden the collective conscious of the people start to awaken and start to rally behind the hero and question the "establishment"
The "establishment" start to feel a revolution coming and start to panick and are now desperate.

Now as we are reaching the climax of this film there are a couple of possible endings.

Said hero and the people rally together, overwhelm and defeat the "establishment". Everybody unites and lives happily ever after (typical easy Hollywood ending)

The "establishment" are so desperate and have no choice but to assassinate the hero. Which causes a civil war and a revolution still happens. The people unite and live happily ever after (maybe not. A more somber ending but still a happy one)

Or.. Everything goes accordingly to plan. Hero gets assassinated. Civil war breaks out. The "establishment" start a world war suppressing any kind of revolution and deploy a police state. Wins war and after all the chaos, under the cloak of order goes through with a one world government. The plan continues and the "establishment" lives on. (the most extreme but very possible ending)

I don't know, maybe I watch too many movies but for the sake of this film I hope it's a typical Hollywood ending.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
and I came to see what movie I had watched. cute story tho.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

You're watching it right now

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The hero seems to be surrounding himself with Establishment folk, so probably none of the above.
edit on 13/12/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Start a war with Russia and everything is sorted.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986
The problem here is that it is just a movie. Any ending you pick is nothing more than an imaginary construction. We are doomed if we are waiting for a hero to pop up on the scene."Those Heroes have got to be somewhere." "Nope, no Heroes over there ... maybe under here?"

It is way past time for people to stop believing that a Cinderella or a Prince Charming is going to come knocking on the door, or that a civic minded hero is going to ride over the horizon at the last moment, taking from the rich to give to the poor to save the day.

If you want someone to save us, go look in the mirror. If that person is willing to make sacrifices and step up to the plate, then we have a chance. If that person is afraid, complacent, or gullible, than there is little hope that Rome will not again fall.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
and I came to see what movie I had watched. cute story tho.

Priceless!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Or in real life no one is altruistic and looking out for you except yourself. The guy standing up to the establishment is just as flawed as the establishment and will bring his own problems.

Stop basing reality off of Hollywood. Movies benefit from an ending where the credits roll. So we don't have to see the consequences of the hero's actions during the movie or what becomes of the hero. In real life there are no ending credits. After we've moved onto the next hot button issue there are still repercussions playing out from the last hot button issue, and that is saying nothing about how society juggles many different hot button issues all at once.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Journey1986
I don't know, maybe I watch too many movies but for the sake of this film I hope it's a typical Hollywood ending.

You want typical Hollywood ending?
I think my own crack at the problem came up with one;

There will have to be a surprise twist, and a reconciliation.
Just before Inauguration Day, Hillary is invited to a meeting in Trump Towers.
Though her friends warn her that it won’t be a Safe Space, she finds that Trump greets her with a smile and shakes her hand warmly.
“I told you, Hillary”, he says, “that I would sort out the aliens in this country, and I’m going to start with THAT MAN”.
He jabs an accusing finger towards Nigel Farage, who faints with shock.
As Boris Johnson tries to revive him with a nice cup of tea, Donald explains to Hillary that “making America great again” was always meant to cover the entire continent, from Baffin Island to Tierra del Fuego. Why should the two leaders not work together on the basis of the Monroe doctrine?
He invites her to become his Chief of Staff, warning her that she will probably have to do most of the work, because his business interests may still take up more of his time than he had anticipated.
“I told you I would put you in jail”, he joshes, “and this desk will feel like a jail once the policy papers start coming in. I now sentence you to four years. Or eight, with good behaviour”.

Hillary the Movie
edit on 13-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was actually just trying to insinuate how life imitates art. Everything you said is true and I wasnt trying to make some bold prediction or prophecy but merely playing out the fantasy of the film, for the films sake. This plot would still be recognizable even if it weren't being played in front of our eyes as we speak.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Think of it like this. Film is just taking real life and putting shutters over certain aspects of reality that are inconvenient to the plot, whether realized by the screenplay's writer or not. You must NEVER forget that. Too often people try to base their perception of reality off of film and that is dishonest because film is by its nature dishonest about reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am fully aware of that. I was not trying to perceive reality from a film. Just thought it was interesting the eerie similarities from a recent very popular blockbuster film (hunger games) and thought it would be fun to create a plot in the context in which I did, never directly implying I was talking about reality. Because I didn't have to. At this point even reality itself is dishonest about reality

top topics

join