It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police holding Trump to promise: re-militarization.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Police expect Trump to lift limits on surplus military gear.

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -- If president-elect Donald Trump keeps his promise, surplus military grenade launchers, bayonets, tracked armored vehicles and high-powered firearms and ammunition will once again be available to state and local U.S. police departments.

National police organizations say they'll hold Trump to that promise.

President Barack Obama issued an executive order restricting that access in 2015 amid an outcry over police use of armored vehicles and other war-fighting gear...

But state and local police organizations have protested, insisting that military-style vehicles and gear help protect officers' lives and public safety...

During his campaign, Trump sided with the police. In September, he promised to rescind the executive order in a written response to a Fraternal Order of Police questionnaire that helped him win an endorsement from the organization of rank-and-file officers.

Obama's Executive Order was actually a departure from his administration's original stance.

September 2013:
Police departments acquiring military armored vehicles at an alarming rate.

February 2014:
Rise of the police state. Army supplying police with 13,000 armored vehicles.

June 2014:
Obama: "Weapons of war have no place on our streets (unless youre employed by the State)".

August 2014:
Presidential hopeful Rand Paul slams the militarization of police.

In defense of police militarization, the above article references Ferguson, police vs a Black community and San Bernardino, a multiple victim public shooting labeled as terrorism.

Standard operating procedure, divide and concur strategy.

Since at-least 2001, terrorism has been used to advance most of our anti-freedom agendas.

And more recently, the police have been positioned against the Black community or "BLM".

Ferguson did not occur until 2014 but liberty minded individuals were opposed to and concerned with the rise of the police state prior to.

But Trump doesnt seem to understand why non-criminal types might be opposed to the US looking and becoming a militarized police state.

Looks like Trump is going to pick up where Obama left off.

edit on 11-12-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
SEIG HEIL MEIM TRUMP

SEIG HEIL!

SEIG HEIL!

SEIG HEIL!

SEIG HEIL!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Bad idea. This could turn very ugly.

There are very few police, and if they need military hardware, call in the national guard, they there for that reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
so left its right lol.

why compare him to hitlor, who was a r0thschild?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It is a horrible idea, but I have seen it coming.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
a reply to: Willtell
so left its right lol.

why compare him to hitlor, who was a r0thschild?

Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Bad idea. This could turn very ugly.

There are very few police, and if they need military hardware, call in the national guard, they there for that reason.

The national guard??? Yes it is a stupid idea making police paramilitary, but the national guard is no great shakes for public safety either.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Greetings-

I typed about the militarization of PDs in an earlier thread today.I noticed surrounding PDs were getting militarized around 95-96. I was working 'Crime Suppression' and the Sgt. wanted Me and My partner to drive up to Sacramento and pick-up an armored personnel carrier. It was like a tank with real hard wheels. The bulletproof glass provided about a '4' on the visibility scale and the door to enter/exit was raised and I bumped My knee trying to get into the thing and it hurt like Hades..
I also found it hard to breathe sitting in it and it just felt 'weird'. In the 9 years I worked after that, I think SWAT used the thing 2x because it was a 'death trap' it would be good if You had to drive across the Dessert maybe? But in a Live-Shooter type deal it would suck.
Now where I worked, one could actually argue for using one, We usual ranked in the "Worst Places to Live" but there were other PDs that wouldn't ever need one unless they wanted to show off for a parade.

It wasn't a good idea then and in today's climate it would rise to "Terrible Idea" What a lot of folks don't seem to understand, and that is not everyone has had contact w/the police and even the most righteous of folks 'may' exhibit nervousness when/if they have contact w/the cops, so a professional, low key approach always seemed to work for Me, so maybe it is the 'type' of person they're recruiting for PDs nowadays??

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
There is no good option when things get out of hand. The police shouldn't be armored up with fully auto 223's.
I think if you want to have a little war it should be a little more inconvenient.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A couple months ago there was a video on here of police doing a traffic stop with armoured vehicles to harass a guy over flipping the bird.

thats a flag

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You do know Obama is the one that authorized the sale (and gifts) of excess military equipment to the police force. Damn near forced them to accept . How do I know? My small city got a Bradley APC complete with M242 25 mm chain gun for its SWAT Team. Unfortunately , my small city does not have a SWAT Team
True story
PEACE

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is this any surprise? Trump wants nationwide stop and frisk. Trump loves Big Brother. Trump doesn't care about the people. If anyone thought Bush/Obama administrations were bad about trampling our constitution, wait till they get a load of Trumps!

So long America, we had a chance to make things right but those days are over.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

people like you need a new narrative

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

Does that narrative come with a tall glass of Kool Aid?

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is a horrible idea, but I have seen it coming.

Agree, give them these toys and they will start using the toys. No knock raids with APC's crashing through the front of a house.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Day people stop rioting and looting over football games can we see a down size in police. A lot of this is just upgraded body armor and neutral advanced tactical equipment like tasers to all cops. People are mad because can't blow cop car up? Why do need to do that?

In times of terrorist attack, police are first responders. People put life and limb, combat dangers to make safe community. Just recently a 14 year old was shot because officer had no other means to sedate the boy. Times police have take a life because not capable of being able to neutralize target, nor do have gear to do it.

Don't commit a crime, don't join a gang, and don't riot. That's not hard to do. Yea there's police brutality but cops do more good then bad. If disagree than you only look for the bad.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Anonopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Now where are the pro Trump ATS members? I would like them to make a comment regarding their messiah.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What hell are you talking about? Start backing that up cause I call bullshart on that.

Stop and frisk. lmao gtfo

Where exactly did we have a chance to change? Clinton I am guessing? You poor bastard. Have beer on me and let it out.

Oh and please don't say Ron Paul. Where all over on Trump boat with Russia strippers and bottle Gray Goose. xD

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonopolis

Well, you could have had Bernie Sanders, who would not have been arming the hell out of the police to this degree at all, would have been winding back and hamstringing the out of control law enforcement and intelligence communities, placing a boot across the neck of the MIC, divorcing the industries supporting these agencies and appendages, entirely from those agencies and appendages, and doing the same thing across all industries. Basically putting the corporate government out to pasture, and placing that which ought be the purview of the people, in the peoples hands.

But that never sits right with folk, despite being the only correct way to deal with a nest of crap like the US power structure.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wasn't Bernie's campaign sabotaged? By the DNC?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join