It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete reversal: Germany's Merkel announces plan to deport 100,000 migrants.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: eletheia

How many Britons would ever have thought of leaving back then, when travel was even more expensive relative to earnings than it is now, and more to the point, to where would they have run, with pretty much every reachable destination East of the English Channel being over run with enemy troops?

The situations are not alike in the least.

Sorry but there where options as we still had a commonwealth, I see little reason why people would not have been able to get to Canada for example. Large amounts of ships where making the Atlantic crossing even with the threat of Uboats, they didn't leave because they wanted to make sure their homeland was protected, the mindsets is about as far away as you can get from this current situation..

RA
edit on 28-11-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So, owning up to actions in other words? Fair enough. I can agree to that.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Your altruism is admirable, but altruism has limitations.

If I drive my car and knock down your mailbox and hit your dog, then I need to replace your mailbox and pay your vet bills.

Does that mean I should replace every mail box in your country, and pay everybody's vet bills, or just take personal responsibility for what I harmed?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Spoken with courage, love, and hope. The three things I respect most. Thank you freind.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well I dont pay taxes. LOL so Im not responsible for this crap. Stop assuming. As to m ebeing Scum. If i am not concerned for the MED its because they mad em so Jaded i just dont give a rip about them anymore.

Why dont they do like we did with the brits in the revolutionary war? Because they have no pride and no sense of wanting to fight for their selves.

They are responsible for bringing this down on themselves. its been coming ever since they were tossed out of europe th e first time.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Spoken with courage, love, and hope. The three things I respect most. Thank you freind.

No it was spoken with Im holier than thou attitude,which is just sad.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

So, owning up to actions in other words? Fair enough. I can agree to that.

A individual who has no control over their government should not be held liable for their stupidity. So you agree with taking the blame for something you personally didnt do. Wow.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I asked him for an idea on.what we should do, rather than just hyperbolic ranting about the causation. He met my challenge with a response. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I was in the m.e. with the Marines for 22 months, were you? Have you seen our diplomacy in action? Did you bury your friends? Did you nearly get buried? I did.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I asked him for an idea on.what we should do, rather than just hyperbolic ranting about the causation. He met my challenge with a response. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I was in the m.e. with the Marines for 22 months, were you? Have you seen our diplomacy in action? Did you bury your friends? Did you nearly get buried? I did.

NO,but ive lost friends due to the violence over there. Best thing to do is leave the MED,and cordone it off to everyone except locals. ALso tried to enlist was not able to complete training due to medical reasons.

Our diplomacy isnt like it used to be. now we let the poloticians and popular opinion rule. Patton had the right idea when it came to diplomacy.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

My informed "prediction":

France, Italy & Germany will fall before the end of 2017.

And probably in that order.

Watch....

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Huh? I don't have to agree, my very nature as an American will automatically place blame on me anyways.
If I went to Europe said, "Hello, I'm an American." How do you think I'll get greeted?
Guilty by association, hmmm?
Perhaps reverting to isolationism an helping out other countries economically is our only course of action. Given the climate of wars.
The US is powerful, there is no denying that, so we are in the position to do what is needed. Lets hope this new administration will focus soley on us and let us rethink our priorities.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Interestingly enough, I think most people are in for a shock, globally around the September 2017 timeframe, if anything the "BlackStar Project" has been evaluating. However that is for another thread that I will be posting today at some point.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Arnie123 because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Samuel Colt had the right idea on diplomacy. Patton was a glory hound. Give two men with problems the same weapon and let them sort it out. Patton sent anyone to their grave who was stupid enough to buy his bs. They teach that in class in the war tactics and leadership course. History and records prove it too. Patton was rewarded by the same assholes who profited from the war. Is it any different than a union worker for gm who gets a profit sharing bonus after a # ton of our tanks and apc's get blown up by ied's driven by my brothers because that means more contracts for gm? Nope. However I do still stand by my first comment. You don't emigrate to somewhere and act like a p.o.s. and take out your rage on the people who live there. But if we're gonna end the problem of war and profiteering- there is one way, kill the whole damn planet. As long as man is here, war will never end. Till then, I will rebuke wars started by politicians who don't fight em.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

By the way, I am not rebuking you. You said you've lost freinds, and tried to enlist. It's commendable, but be thankful you didn't have to go to a god forsaken wasteland of death and despair. It's hard to miss your family and freinds when you look at yourself and want puke because you followed orders the week before.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yep. we need to isolate ourselves a while. 10-20 yrs would do prolly.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Natas0114

By the way, I am not rebuking you. You said you've lost freinds, and tried to enlist. It's commendable, but be thankful you didn't have to go to a god forsaken wasteland of death and despair. It's hard to miss your family and freinds when you look at yourself and want puke because you followed orders the week before.

Same here. SOrry ya had to go through that hell because our moron in chief tried to follow in daddys footsteps. But do take comfort in the Fact God will not hold it against you because you were jsut surviving in a sad situation.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
False promises before the election no doubt.

Of course. It isn't just a coincidence that this comes on the heels of her announcement for re-election, especially since polls are showing her numbers tanking all over Germany.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Perhaps reverting to isolationism an helping out other countries economically is our only course of action.

No.... throwing money at the problem will only make the dictators/rulers of

poor countries richer.

Help by providing materials for infrastructure and farming, with the proviso

that they use the donor countries expertise to manage any and all projects and

to teach the native work force so that they become self sufficient, industrious

and gain some self esteem and pride for their own country.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That sounds suspicously like Nation Building and we know how that route went, hmmm?

What you describe sounds great for for poorer communities here in the states. Who is to say that materials won't be taken and used by said warlords? And if said warlords are an issue, how about security? In a sense, we're throwing money anyways and under your plan, it's back to square one, right?
edit on 28-11-2016 by Arnie123 because: Added info

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
She should deport herself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join