It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete reversal: Germany's Merkel announces plan to deport 100,000 migrants.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True, however when your in another country, you should be a gracious guest if you expect a welcome. You don't get drunk and rape the hosts.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Merkel is famous of her turncoating. She has made promises before like this just before elections and after.. you know. Nothing has changed with her.. most likely she will eat her words once again.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hmmm, I tried find another source but only found right wing sites parroting this story so...

You act like left-wing sites would jump all over this huh? Oh wait, they don't want egg on their face.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

No, you shouldn't.

But given the appalling behaviour of the US and its allies toward the Iraqi people, the Afghans, and the whole Middle East more generally over the course of the War on Terror, it is hardly surprising that these immigrants, having seen their lives ruined by the failure of US foreign policy, are disinclined to offer respect. They have been shown none in their own homelands, and would probably be surprised to hear that anyone in the West would DARE to suggest that their behaviour once they arrive, could become a problem.

What do you have a greater problem with?

1)Occupying army shoots innocent civilians from helicopter gunships, executes dronings and air raids, shoots the hell out of hospitals from a AC-130 Gunship, ruins buildings and infrastructural elements of entire nations.

2)Visitor driven mad by war you paid to help create by paying taxes to your evil government, gets properly out of line and has a psychotic break once in a while.

See, one of these things could have been avoided, which would have prevented the other becoming the case, and the other is simply an effect of the cause, which once the cause has been brought about, cannot be avoided at all, but is still someones responsibility to deal with.

My position is, the troublesome immigrants did not go crazy on their own. They had help, and the majority of that help came from the citizens, the system, and the foreign affairs policy of the West, most notably America. Should they be grateful to the nation that deliberately and systematically destroyed their homes, towns, and nations, just because it is now offering them a put up bed and a few square meals a day?

I mean seriously?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wouldnt that prove that shes an intolerant racist xenophobic sexist ignorant bigoted backwoods islamophobe?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Turkey's decided to play hardball over its membership of the EU threatening to release the refugees on Europe.
So it's either accept the threat of Ankara releasing all these refugees on Europe or 80 million Turks instead. What a choice for Brussels

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: slider1982

To be fair to her, it was not her fault that these people were displaced from their original residences by war, economic collapse, or both.

The drivers for nearly the entire migration from the Middle East and North Africa, have their roots in US and UK meddling both militarily and economically, in the nations from which these migrants come. Making Merkel the scapegoat for that is hardly a legitimate position to take.

If they wanted to live free they should had stayed in their own countries and fought for their beliefs. SO what if someone else is responsible. you yourself make your own way.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Turkey's decided to play hardball over its membership of the EU threatening to release the refugees on Europe.
So it's either accept the threat of Ankara releasing all these refugees on Europe or 80 million Turks instead. What a choice for Brussels

Could just set up a no mans land and post signs saying you cross you die. go home.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No us serviceman who get sent to wars in m.e. wants to go there. Wars are buisness for the political /buisness insiders who profit from them. All we get here in America is more debt and dead family/freinds. You really think that's what the citizens over here want? Secondly, I would have to say 99% over the whole planet would love for this crap to end. I know I've never woke up and said" boy, I hope we can ruin some lives today". And I'm going to assume you feel the same. That said, what exactly are we going to do about it? Assigning blame doesn't fix the problems, so how about ideas for correcting it? Not trying to start fights, and diversity in opinions spurs thinking- which I thank you for. But I still don't know what I, or you, can personally do about this. (Unless you happen to be mega wealthy- i.am not)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You know... That would be a fine thing to say, were you not part of the problem which caused their distress.

No one who paid taxes into the countries which caused and prolong the suffering of those in the Middle East, has ANY business commenting on the choices of those who have fled the mess we caused, certainly not to stand in judgement of these people, people who have been through what most of us cannot even imagine accurately, leave alone say with confidence we would survive long enough to flee from ourselves.

If I, as a British citizen, whose taxes were used to fund terror groups, and the war against them both, for the betterment of a rich few individuals, were to stand up and say "I refuse to take responsibility for the excesses of my countrymen, I refuse to acknowledge any culpability for myself or my nation in the state of your country and your liberty, despite the fact that my nations meddling is ALL that really caused the situation you are now in, and I think you should all strap on a set and go back to your ruined, bombed out homes, and watch your children die for your bravery" then you know what that would make me?

It would make me a hypocrite worse than any you would find in Parliament in this country, or any you would find in government in the US. It would make me SCUM to hold that view. An inhuman monster with no compassion, nor a single laudable virtue.

I am not playing along with that game Yuppa. You can keep that for yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Natas0114,

The most crucial thing we can do as western persons against war, is not to hate the scapegoats we are given. We must be more prepared to die because we retained our liberty and insisted that others be afforded it too, than we are to hand over our liberty in order that we be protected from the worst the world can throw at us.

We also have to be prepared to show love to those who have already experienced the worst of what we have to share with the world, to show them that we are not the monsters that their experience would suggest, but that we are as much powerless in this situation, as they were to prevent bombs raining on the heads of their families, homes, towns and cities, to show them compassion that has been absent from their lives during these horrid times in which we live.

We must also be prepared to vote for those who call for a total end to military involvement in the middle east, those who want drone programs suspended, who want funding and equipping of rebel groups to end, we must be prepared to vote for those who are NOT strongmen, or political beasts, but for rational, thinking, and compassionate people, who want to heal those whose lives we have sundered, and by extension return honour to the flags we live under, after so many years of dishonourable conduct being enacted in our names, by people sworn to protect us and our nations both.

That is where you start. You start in your heart and mind, and work out from there. Spread the message that you can support your troops without supporting war, that you can support refugees and immigrants without supporting terror, that you can fight terror with love a damned sight easier than you can with bombs that kill more people than they need to, with military invasions that lead to oppression, with any of these idiotic diplomatic failures.

There are better ways, and we have only to have the courage to partake of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I disagree. We reap what we sow, right? Therefore it is in our ability to fix the situation.

Problems were present long before the US or "TrueBrits" ever encountered that part of the world. It all boils down to raidically diverse stratifications.

Our taxes go into many things, but I strongly disagree that because we payed taxes into the system, therefor we are part of that problem.

No, just no.

Regardless of situation and reasoning, we have a very different situation that involves displaced immigrants. If the powers at be are trying to help stem the tide by offering entry into those countries, then it is up to those people to adhere to law, or they simply become the very fighters we are currently fighting.
This is unfortunately how the world works. Nation displaces, you want in? Follow the rules.
Now do we like that? No.

So ultimately, we are faced with a rather unique situation, hmmm?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Taking a realistic number of refugees is one thing but having a open border policy with bugger all vetting is just insane..

I also get fed up hearing that these people "are" refugees, they are not.. They are Migrants from a copious amount f countries, what the hell are people from Morocco and Algeria doing posing as Afgans as I have personally witnessed a number of times in London??..

All her rhetoric has done is make all the chancers come out of the wood work and go for it regarding entry into Europe, as someone that is married to someone of South East Asian heritage who was here "legally" working on a invited visa within the medical field why did we bother spending thousands to gain a extension after we was married??.... We have been together 6 years with a child and there is still no end in sight for a unrestricted residence visa (we are told "maybe" around 2022 it will be issued!!!!!!) yet people have been able to by pass even the most basic of checks and have it all for nothing....

Total disgrace and fundamentally wrong on so many levels...

RA

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: slider1982

To be fair to her, it was not her fault that these people were displaced from their original residences by war, economic collapse, or both.
The drivers for nearly the entire migration from the Middle East and North Africa, have their roots in US and UK meddling both militarily and economically, in the nations from which these migrants come. Making Merkel the scapegoat for that is hardly a legitimate position to take.

originally posted by yuppa
If they wanted to live free they should had stayed in their own countries and fought for their beliefs. SO what if someone else is responsible. you yourself make your own way.

www.bbc.co.uk...

76 years ago the UK was bombed for 76 days continuously plus more something

few people tend to remember .... what did these homeless refugees do flee

abroad?

No they stayed and rebuilt their country. That's remembered by very few these

days?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Unique, yes. Intractable problem? No.

As I said, dealing with these matters correctly will require that people stop denying their responsibility for what they have allowed to go on under their noses. All proper solutions begin at that point, and failure to gain and move past that point will result in no solution what so ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"We must be more prepared to die"

Wow, most shocking words I've read here today.

Let's also have the women and children more prepared for rape and assault while we are at it.

Perhaps consider mandating conversion to Islam for "westerners" in areas at higher risk?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nobody can argue that the Syrians are true refugees and should be helped and sheltered in safety.

But the Africans are another matter. From what I have read over the last few years, they are the ones doing most of the looting, burning, and destruction. They are not war refugees and shouldn't have been let in to begin with. Since they can't be returned, they seem to think that have carte blanche to do anything they want.

Ms. Merkel has to fix this. FIX IT.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

How many Britons would ever have thought of leaving back then, when travel was even more expensive relative to earnings than it is now, and more to the point, to where would they have run, with pretty much every reachable destination East of the English Channel being over run with enemy troops?

The situations are not alike in the least.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Well done.

You have successfully removed the context within which the comment you are referring to, was being made. That was fantastically dishonest of you, and a perfect example of how not to have proper discourse.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Nobody can argue that the Syrians are true refugees and should be helped and sheltered in safety.

But the Africans are another matter. From what I have read over the last few years, they are the ones doing most of the looting, burning, and destruction. They are not war refugees and shouldn't have been let in to begin with. Since they can't be returned, they seem to think that have carte blanche to do anything they want.

Ms. Merkel has to fix this. FIX IT.

It really is insane,

Cases in point, a illegal immigrant of Nigerian heritage was in court for a minor fraud offence. This person had previous and get this the prosecution was not allowed to mention any of it, the reason?, in case of prejudice..

Errr the person should not even be in the country let alone breaking the law!!!!!....

madness absolute madness.....

RA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join