It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economist Steve Moore: Civil War in the US If Election Results Overturned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I happen to agree whole heartily, which is why I don't give all this recount talk much credibility. I really hope the other side realize what kind of turmoil such an action would cause at this juncture. The media has been excessive in their fear mongering and their attempts to incite violence through a drum beat of propaganda. Who would even believe the results of this so called recount?

The bright side is that it appears most the country is seeing through this insanity and are going on with their lives. Lets hope that continues.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I agree.

But,also remembering that with the highest number of republicans voted into office since the 80's-Hillary wouldn't get approval to wipe her own ###.

I don't think that veterans (in particular) would be very happy with a reversal of the vote.

Something tells me that it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.(In the case of combat veterans/active military)
edit on 27-11-2016 by angryproctologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just to entertain the idea of what would happen if the election was overturned. You think the protests were bad now? You haven't seen real violence yet. This time it won't be some ignorant liberal causing riots.

It will be short of a small war maybe. The left take control, you can kiss democracy goodbye.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And you brave warriors are going to be at civil war with who, exactly?

Your fellow voter?
For voting?

You're all nut cases.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Nice attempt at baiting.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Your fellow voter?
For voting?

You're all nut cases.

Yeah you are right would go nuts of a election turnover. It's the complete opposite of a democracy. Clinton already conceded before the results came out.

You are damn straight I'm crazy. I will happily sacrifice myself to preserve what has held this country together.

Nice baiting though. I applaud the effort.
edit on 27-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

Even of Clinton was elected by some miracle. I would do the same thing if the republicans tried the same thing and worked. I hate that woman Killary.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Listen to the Trump hypocrites. You do not think Trump would ask, no demand, a recount if he were in the same place as Hillary.

Trump is the foulest hypocrite ever, a noxious human being.

A candidate has every right to ask and get a recount.

And the recount doesn’t overturn anything if it reveals a mistake or corruption.

So if Hillary wins in a recount

Bring on your civil war

Of course after Trump would demand another recount himself

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Listen to the Trump hypocrites. You do not think Trump would ask, no demand, a recount if he were in the same place as Hillary.

Trump is the foulest hypocrite ever, a noxious human being.

A candidate has every right to ask and get a recount.

And the recount doesn’t overturn anything if it reveals a mistake or corruption.

So if Hillary wins in a recount

Bring on your civil war

Of course after Trump would demand another recount himself

An election CANNOT be overturned no matter what the vote is if either candidate CONCEDES to the other before the nomination was made. Which HILLARY DID....

If the election is overturned it would be unconstitutional.....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why would anyone go to war over 2 sociopaths that don't give a damn about any of them?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You and Hazardous are calling for the civil war (baiting as usual)-don't try to drag the rest of us into your violent fantasies.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Why would anyone go to war over 2 sociopaths that don't give a damn about any of them?

It's not about the candidate, people give a damn about other crooked people making up rules for the sake of preserving their politcal status and personal gain.

You lost get the hell over it. Hillary gave up her position before the call was made. END of STORY

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the thing that gun hating liberals dont realize that some people have been stockpiling supplies; guns and ammo for something like a civil war.... im guilty of this

and these people are just waiting for a reason..........im not guilty of this

people thought the protests were bad....... they would be nothing
edit on 27-11-2016 by Perjury because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Your fellow voter?
For voting?

You're all nut cases.

Seems to be very clear, in one side you'll have The Elected President and whoever supports him and also is tired of the same corrupted leaders, and in the other side whoever is left.
edit on 27-11-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There wouldn't be any civil war. People have too much invested in the lie of America to jeopardize their jobs and family and their income.

If a civil war happens how will we all get the new iPhone? /sarcasm

A civil war would never even be considered until there is a loss of food, water, and WiFi. When you see those in jeopardy, head for your shelter. Or Mexico if you're smart like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Your fellow voter?
For voting?

You're all nut cases.

The government for stealing what does not belong to them and any who decide to back the usurper.

See those tiny little areas of extra water? That's Hillary's America. It wants to rule the land which voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There is already a civil war going on in this country.

So far it is pretty much just a war of words.

Although the left has been acting violently after their candidate of choice lost the election.

The right has remained pretty much passive.

If the left somehow steals this election that will change quickly!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The only way I can see any kind of rebellion happening is if proper legal protocol and procedure are grossly violated to deny Trump the win. Even if that happens, I would seriously hope and expect that our first resort would be the legal process, and our second would be civil disobedience, and our absolute last would be armed conflict.

Having said that, I also believe that there are folks on all extremes that are itching for a fight and will gladly try to drag the rest of us into it. But I believe for the greatest part we're better than that. Much MUCH better than that.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's coming anyway.

It's already starting.

Government does more damage to families and communities than it does good and people are getting pissed.

Don't think it's going to change cause of Trump.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It's interesting that you brand Trump a hypocrite because you merely think he would do what Hillary, in fact, is doing.

Some people would call that blatant projection.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nice try but that's not a civil war, that is a Revolution.

Maybe the above posters are just too stupid to know the difference.

The "tiny" areas that are populated heavier than the rest of that map?

Another nice try.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join