It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Googles new 'agreement policy'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: brokenghost

Oi, was it Navigator then Communicator? I can't remember which Netscape version came first!

Screw it, we all should just go back to IRC and meet up on Dalnet.

LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Oi, was it Navigator then Communicator? I can't remember which Netscape version came first!

LOL

Lol I miss that, great plan ahahaha Dalnet i lived on it! holy crap that's a while back now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Lycos and Dalnet damnit i miss those days.

No complications just good fun times.

The world took a bad turn now it's all full of crap.

Good Bing with Bowie Video

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
My wife and I use Bing and it is awesome

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

The bing is bung, the bong went bang..
I wonder what old billy sang
when his search engine went to bunk
poor microsoft, just so much junk...

idk.. bing has always been the worst search engine. ever in the history of search engines.
I still use the google. am on youtube, and facebook and they're all in cahoots. I dont mind. They can see me and do what they want, makes me more vocal.

never saw any terms and condition changes though..
edit on 26-11-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

LOL

Lol I miss that, great plan ahahaha Dalnet i lived on it! holy crap that's a while back now.

We can't do the /slap thing on forums

Anyone remember the trout slap?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Disclaimer: Using a search term that contains the word "tails" or visiting the TAILS website (ie: clicking on the TAILS related links below) creates a specific log entry at the NSA associated with potential extremist activity.
Source: wikipedia.org - TAILS

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Nope . Dont use google . Found far better and more secure alternatives .

What do you suggest then? I don't really like google it's too indiscreet now than it used to be, censored as the other poster said yea its starting to look that way.

A few days ago (YouTube link) Edward Snowden recommended StartPage .

If you are super paranoid you can also find an old computer, unplug the hard drive and do your searches (and browse the internet) using TAILS (4GB or larger thumb drive required). Of interest - the developers of TAILS set DuckDuckGo as their default search engine of choice.

edit on 26-11-2016 by CraftBuilder because: typos

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

Even the black phone wasn't hackproof. An exploit was found so it was hacked...sort of:

From 2014

The Blackphone is widely known as the best secured smartphone in the world, its creators claimed that it’s impossible to hack this device. So when news reported that this highly secured device was hacked, the whole world was raising their eyebrows.

Link

Nothing, absolutely nothing is hack-proof if a hacker is willing to take the time

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

edit on 11/26/16 by Gothmog because: nm need another cup of cofee

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

LOL

Who remembers >? They were both Nutscrape

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Disclaimer: Using a search term that contains the word "tails" or visiting the TAILS website (ie: clicking on the TAILS related links below) creates a specific log entry at the NSA associated with potential extremist activity.
Source: wikipedia.org - TAILS

What do you suggest then? I don't really like google it's too indiscreet now than it used to be, censored as the other poster said yea its starting to look that way.

A few days ago (YouTube link) Edward Snowden recommended StartPage .

If you are super paranoid you can also find an old computer, unplug the hard drive and do your searches (and browse the internet) using TAILS (4GB or larger thumb drive required). Of interest - the developers of TAILS set DuckDuckGo as their default search engine of choice.

startpage says it's a google product

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Startpage is ok, yandex is better.

I use Opera mini most of the time and flick between browser's, if you're using an Android phone or have android devices? download (CM Security) and it gives you private browsing and choose what browser you want, plus you could use a VPN along side.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
You guys talk like irc is long gone.
Trout disk was a mirc thing, but it's still around.

Freenode, efnet, etc.... It's a fairly millennial-free network, as it predates the snow flakes and doesn't have flashy features to catch their attention.

Also, Bing is terrible.
When it first came out and they were advertising it wad better than Google, it's backend was literally just googling your search then handing you Google results with a Bing font.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am looking for alternatives. duckduckgo is pretty good, but a bit limited. Could you share the ones you are using?

The agreement policy has been used for about 2 years (if I remember correctly).

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

For email protonmail.ch does good .
Ixquick does pretty good for search or duckduckgo for search .

Funny, Ixquick is enhanced by google. So they can't be trusted as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

protonmail. yeah, give me a break.

last time i've checked, no access logs and no 2-step authentication. so basically, when someone guesses your password (or gets it from your computer via malware), you're screwed - no 2-step authentication means they will get logged in without a problem, no access logs means not only no proof of such hack, but that protonmail owners wouldn't be able to tell you from your impostor even if they wanted to.

basically, it's as insecure as it gets. oh, and the encryption of messages? that works fine when both persons use protonmail. how many of your friends do? you're not gaining anything with unencrypted emails (and you can use such encryption with any other service if you want to), you're just giving up your privacy to yet another entity (protonmail), while sacrificing 90% of your security. great deal.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Use a few . Among them are Gigablast , Privatelee , oscobo , Metager ( default language on it is german ) .
Theres several out there available to use .

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
startpage says it's a google product

Can you provide a link to that? No you can't.

They do say that it is "enhanced by Google", which is entirely different. What that means is that you enter a search into StatPage and they use the Google search engine for you without storing your search history. They act as a middle man so that Google never knows it is you who did the search.

Please do not post rubbish as though it is fact. Make an effort, be accurate, contribute quality to ATS in order to preserve integrity.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

Funny, Ixquick is enhanced by google. So they can't be trusted as well.

I think you misunderstand the connection. They use Google (as some privacy enhanced search pages do) because it has the most advanced search engine. But Ixquick acts as a middleman, submitting your search request to Google for you and then passing Google's results back to you so that Google doesn't know that it was you making the search request.

I should add, that your search request is likely intercepted somewhere before it reaches whatever search page that you use. That is why it is recommended that you use Tails for any search/browsing activity.

Wikipedia - Tails

edit on 26-11-2016 by CraftBuilder because: clairified

edit on 26-11-2016 by CraftBuilder because: I added to it.

edit on 26-11-2016 by CraftBuilder because: I added the wiki link.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Public Library is "open".. If nobody goes then Your kid's kid's won't have any place to take the old people...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join