It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I might have invented an over-unity device - design included

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Several problems so ill start at the easiest and work forward. First your motor would have to be 100 percent efficient there isn't a motor created that can do this do to friction in the motor. Next Your magnets wouldn't stay stabilized while spinning and eventually just make contact with one of your coils. Next under any load meaning when your motor kicks in will take more power to generate energy Meaning even lower efficiency draining your battery to zero quickly. And if you overcome all that eventually your magnets will need to be replaced this is why electric motors eventually stop working. Those coils start to develop there own magnetic field which destroys the magnetic field in your magnet eventually leading to failure. I used to repair electronic cars first thing to get the motor running again is replace the coils and magnets. then your electric motor humms back to life. With a wheel like you use this would happen very quickly because your magnetic field only effects a small amount of the coils leading to it building up a magnetic field quickly. Id give it a couple of weeks before you would need to change the coils and a couple of months before you would change the magnets.

There is another problem all I;; say on that is with the position of your coils your creating counter current meaning you will see zero because your coils will be fighting each other instead of working together. And I didn't even address the heat that will be caused in your motor which is massively going to waste away energy as it gets hotter.
edit on 11/30/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
Free energy was discovered long ago... its called sound.

Sound is not free energy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You can spin/arrange all the magnets you want, you will never get "free" energy out of them.

The only way to make this happen is going to be getting into the physical makeup of the magnet itself at the molecular level. What you would want is a magnet that is always in a state of readiness to be able to have its poles flipped with the slightest provocation. Think of how a transistor is created by forming a junction barrier. It is basically an electronic lever, and the barrier itself is the fulcrum. The key to making a "magne-tran" or "flux-istor" will be the full understanding of what magnetic fields really are, and whether they can be treated like a "current". Basically, what we would be attempting to do , would be to build a self-oscillating magnet, where the magnet fields will be able to flip on their own by provoking the innards of the magnet with perhaps it own out of phase field being turned in on itself. Basically, just an "unstable" magnet.

But then, of course, if one were to succeed at such a device, the time cops would immediately show up and you would be warped into another dimension or universe.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Sure it is.

I have a microphone sensitive enough to constantly create a source of free electricity from sound.
edit on 6-12-2016 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

And where do you think that energy is coming from?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

And where do you think that energy is coming from?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

nice idea but your biggest enemy is equilibrium.

Like pouring water - it will find its equilibrium then stops.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Depends where I place the microphone....

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Good luck with that because it's not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I like the initiative you have put forth and the fact that you have not only told us in your opening post what you are thinking of but you actually provided plans and not a wait and see scenario like I have seen so many times on this site.

I do have some things for you to think about though, some may have been mentioned already but I wanted to be sure I covered all of my thoughts here in one swoop. Here goes.

1) Eddy Currents: There will be plenty of them and whether you think of them as back-EMF or any other force, they are responsible for losses in any system using electrical or magnetic fields. You will have them, they are inevitable.

2) the bridge rectifier is going to cause loss and since it is a full wave, you should use one with the lowest forward voltage drop you can get away with. You could try individual Schottky Barrier Diodes in the appropriate configuration.

3) the motor and the switching arrangement, this looks like a problem since I do not see you reversing the motor to boost in the appropriate direction of spin. Also, trying to spin the motor in the opposite direction that the suspended part is turning may just ultimately load the motor down or worse actually start to stall the inertia of the current rotation instead of amplifying it. You would need to know which direction to switch the motor on and time it or, possibly better, have a current sense shunt on the input to your storage capacitor/battery and only when the current falls below a threshold and the motor demand switch is active should you let the motor draw power. A power switching MOSFET and a level comparator circuit should be adequate here. I think fine tuning this for a given output load may help lengthen the time it will run for though I am not seeing enough overall gains to make it perpetual, especially under a load.

4) what are you planning to use for the string? It should be something not containing cotton, most likely a synthetic that will resist absorbing moisture or drying out as can happen in various humidity situations. Too much humidity and your string may start to create more friction or the torsion will change. Too dry and it may not last long and shred.

Again, I love your vision, just not sold on it based on what I know, not yet anyhow.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Why do you pretend to be omniscient?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

1) sound is not free energy. It all has a source.

2) even harnessing ambient noise would be useless on any practical level.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You didn't answer my question. You just proceeded to list things nobody asked you about.

Nobody asked about your opinion on the usefulness of this free energy.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Are you actually going to back up your claim with facts or just keep repeating it?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: hellobruce

Back emf doesn't affect the momentum of the permanent magnet.

Back emf simply means that there's a counter-current in the coils.

And that counter-current in the coils creates a magnetic field of its own, which extends in space past the coils, which interacts with the permanent magnet and imparts a force on it, which .....

yup, you got it, changes its momentum.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: hellobruce

Back emf doesn't affect the momentum of the permanent magnet.

Back emf simply means that there's a counter-current in the coils.

And that counter-current in the coils creates a magnetic field of its own, which extends in space past the coils, which interacts with the permanent magnet and imparts a force on it, which .....

yup, you got it, changes its momentum.

.... to equilibrium.

edit:

and while on this subject (energy) - here's something that I've been following for a while now.

For several decades now, scientists from around the world have been pursuing a ridiculously ambitious goal: They hope to develop a nuclear fusion reactor that would generate energy in the same manner as the sun and other stars, but down here on Earth. Incorporated into terrestrial power plants, this "star in a jar" technology would essentially provide Earth with limitless clean energy, forever. And according to new reports out of Europe this week, we just took another big step toward making it happen. In a study published in the latest edition of the journal Nature Communications, researchers confirmed that Germany's Wendelstein 7-X (W7-X) fusion energy device is on track and working as planned. The space-age system, known as a stellerator, generated its first batch of hydrogen plasma when it was first fired up earlier this year. The new tests basically give scientists the green light to proceed to the next stage of the process.

www.space.com...

looks promising...but we will see soon enough.

www.ipp.mpg.de...

edit on 11-12-2016 by edmc^2 because: edit:

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join