It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Jennifer Tilly gave $500, just one of 660 concerned fans who donated to a GoFundMe campaign that aimed to raise $100,000 for Shelley Duvall, the quirky, Minnie Mouse-voiced star of films like Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and Robert Altman's Nashville and Popeye. Now Tilly will be getting her donation back - and be left wondering, no doubt, exactly what happened.

Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign

Shelley Duvall, famous actress most known for her role in Stanley Kubrick's silver screen rendition of Stephen King's The Shining, appeared on the Dr. Phil show recently to go public with her mental health issues.

Link to clips from the Dr. Phil episode can be seen here.

The campaign was a direct response to a shocking and much-criticized Nov. 18 interview with Duvall by talk-show therapist Phil McGraw on his syndicated Dr. Phil. In it, the 67-year-old Duvall, practically unrecognizable from her doe-eyed younger self, demonstrated signs of severe psychosis accompanied by hallucinations. Appearing dazed and exhausted, she made erratic references to the Bermuda Triangle, yellow jacket wasps and a "no-kill policy" before eventually conceding, "I'm very sick. I need help." In the episode, McGraw does attempt to bring Duvall to a Los Angeles clinic for treatment; she refused care and medication and flew back home to Texas. McGraw goes on to explain that the show is keeping up with Duvall in Texas and attempting "alternative" treatment methods. The controversial episode has since disappeared from the Dr. Phil online episode guide.

Shelley appeared on the Dr. Phil show where she was openly criticized for not accepting psychiatric treatment. At some point, the episode was brought to the attention of Stanley Kubrick's daughter, Vivian Kubrick.

Vivian Kubrick is a Scientologist, and as a Scientologist she is fervently opposed to any and all Psychiatric treatment.

Stunned at what she characterized as the brazen exploitation of the woman her father once directed in what is now considered a masterpiece of modern horror, Stanley Kubrick's daughter, Vivian Kubrick, launched the GoFundMe in Duvall's name on Nov. 18, telling THR, "I just think she deserves a great deal more respect."

(Her father, it's worth mentioning, famously subjected Duvall to very real psychological torture techniques to elicit the performance he was looking for in The Shining; they regularly left Duvall emotionally shattered, sobbing alone in a room for upwards of 12 hours at a time.)

In what appeared to be a gesture of sympathy and compassion, Vivian lashed out on her twitter account to criticize the producers of Dr. Phil.

Vivian says she does not know Duvall personally and was not aware of the Dr. Phil appearance until she was alerted to a promo for it by Pixar director Lee Unkrich (Toy Story 3). (Unkrich is writing a book about The Shining and has been in touch with Vivian for it.) "Neither Lee nor myself, had any idea how severe Shelley's state of health was until Lee texted me a link to the Dr. Phil trailer 2 nights ago. We were both horrified. That's when I fired off my 2 Tweets to Dr. Phil," Kubrick wrote in an update message on the GoFundMe page. She also referenced a "sad group of haters" who questioned her motives.

But in a unique twist, Vivian shut down the gofundme page that she set up for Shelly Duvall.

But Kubrick abruptly pulled the plug Nov. 22. Many Twitter users and GoFundMe commenters are now questioning if Vivian's deep ties to the Church of Scientology, an organization that vilifies all forms of psychiatry and mental-health treatment, had something to do with it.

Kubrick released a statement of explanation on Twitter. "I spoke today with Shelley's mother Bobbie," she wrote, who "explained that after her discussion with SAG-AFTRA and the fact that Shelley is on government benefits, they can't afford to accept any large donations at this time."

This leads many, including myself, to speculate on what hidden motives Vivian had in the creation of the crowd sourced charity for Duvall. As it turns out, the account was created and moderated out of Scientology's headquarters that just happens to be in my back yard of Clearwater, FL.

According to Hollywood Interrupted's Mark Ebner, Vivian was policing the GoFundMe page vigilantly since its Friday launch, "blocking anyone who simply asks if the money could possibly go to legitimate [psychiatric] health care" - practices which the organization has openly and aggressively derided as barbaric and corrupt since its founding in 1954. In Los Angeles, the church runs Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, a permanent museum devoted to the topic located on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

Ebner also points out that the GoFundMe page was listed as emanating from Clearwater, Fla., headquarters of the Church of Scientology.

As of now, all funds allocated for Shelley Duvall from gofundme.com have been returned to the individual donors. But, Shelley is still helpless, Dr. Phil still has a TV show, Vivian is still a Scientologist, and the world is still on fire.

"That raised a red flag," Ebner tells THR. "I don't think Vivian even knew Shelley. It seems rather opportunistic to raise money for this very sick, if not psychotic woman, out of the spiritual mecca, Clearwater, for a woman she doesn't know. I knew there was no chance there would be any money earmarked for mental health. It's doctrine. The motives are disingenuous at best."

It's not my usual type of Scientology thread, but it's a good prequel to set up my epic thread on Scientology, Vivian Kubrick, & Eyes Wide Shut (coming to ATS this Xmas!)

Discuss.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I worked for the company that processes all the payments for gofundme. The process is often arduous and a pain to the point that we would receive death threats from angry donation recipients.

It was required that all recipients of donations collect their money at least once a month.

In an event where the donations are returned, the recipient's account is immediately debited that amount. It is highly possible Miss Duvall's bank account count just got seriously over drafted if there were a lot of donations.

I don't know what her financial situation is, but I can't imagine very good if she is experiencing untreated and recurrent psychosis, which Is what It sounds like, as she has some pretty serious and strong delusions.
edit on 23-11-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
It is highly possible Miss Duvall's bank account count just got seriously over drafted if there were a lot of donations.

Why do you think any of the money went to Duvall? This was run by the money hungry $cientologists, they do not give money to other people, they take money!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Thanks for the info regarding GoFundMe's accounting methods.

The purpose of this thread was to identify Scientology's sinister agenda to undermine Psychiatry as a profession.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Congressmen Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania.
www.fox25boston.com...

Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pennsylvania, watched footage of the interview and said Duvall's mental state made it impossible for her to consent to sharing her story with a national audience.~Murphy.

I agree with him, as I see this as a violation of HIPAA. Not even implied consent would work in this case.

As far a Scientology is concerned, they beleive that talking to an auditor ( like a therapist in a way ). A proper diet for cleansing your body. Sweating out toxins known as a Purif..

www.scientology.org...

L. Ron Hubbard tought his followers that the reason for the purchase of Alaska; was to send the mentally disabled, insane and criminally insane to Alaska. Like Australia for the U.K..
Using this fear based tactic, he was able to convince followers not to except drugs buy pharmaceutical companies. Or psychiatric care from professionals.

Kinda lost my point i was trying to get to with the gofundme .
I do not believe Shelly Duvall is in scientology. If she was, Scientology would have sent her to one of their facilities. And since she's not on top in Hollywood anymore, They would have made Duvall pay out of pocket.

edit on 23-11-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
From the few clips I can find out the interview she raised concerns that her problem was "physical" not mental and when Dr Phil asked if she would see the doctors she asked "Are they going to kill me"?

Stranger still, when asked about where she thinks Robin Williams is she says "shape shifting"

Lastly she asked for a close up of her legs where you can see either some sort of bug bites or old scars of bites. She says it was the wasps. Suddenly my mind races to the torture boxes (alleged) that they filled with snakes, rats, bees, etc. To (alleged) children for Satanic rituals.

The parallels are a bit remarkable. Frightening even.
edit on 23-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
how utterly heartbreaking.

she always seemed like "one of the good ones". I've seen most movies she was in (mom took me to see Popeye in the theater when it came out) and really loved her. She looked just like my 2nd grade crush (which is why we went to see Popeye, a marginally entertaining film), i was in 2nd grade at the time.

I hate to hear this. Hate even more that she might be subject to the whims of Texas MHMR. No wonder she's not amenable to treatment.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I started hearing voices and ended up in psych wards. $2000.00/day to stay in these hotels of pain. Uncomfortable beds, HVAC systems and sounds that augment audio hallucinations. Medications that cause restless leg, diabetes(which I developed after taking risperdal), tardive disconesia which broke my neck giving me perceptual disorders, and voices are still there, torturing me. Scientology is right about psychiatry. Voices can be handled with a applied mental strength process, I'm not a scientologist, I have my own method.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Watching the video was pretty rough. Whether it's Shelly Duvall or anybody in that state of mind it is painful to see. But an actress you respect is especially painful.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Does your method involve the use of Psychotronic devices?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

no it involves destroying them...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Before you destroy them, can you show me what one looks like up close and how it works?

I've been on this mission for a while now. Everybody says they're real, the CIA says they're real, I want to see one work in action.

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Before you destroy them, can you show me what one looks like up close and how it works?

I've been on this mission for a while now. Everybody says they're real, the CIA says they're real, I want to see one work in action.

I was being sarcastic, all I've seen is the few videos on YouTube . But I understand to a small degree how they are used.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

are you saying that the CIA claims that these imaginary Scientology aliens are real?

When I was younger I read a short lived comic that seemed to be based on this notion, but they were demons from hell, not outer space. It was out around the same time Prudence and Caution was out, same company (I think Dark Horse Comics, maybe Defiant). Anyway, I always wondered if they lifted the concept from Hubbard.

ETA: here we go....Dark Dominion
edit on 11/24/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Lol no I was deviating slightly off topic. But I got onto the topic of psychotronics because another member mentioned hearing voices and ending up in psyche wards because of it.

Unrelated to Scientology, but sort of similar to Shelley, psychotronics are (allegedly) a type of psychic weapon that uses ELF, pulsed microwaves, and transcranial magnetic stimulation to induce a psychedelic state in a target person, from a distance. Supposedly, they can target a single individual among a crowd of individuals and insert voices that can only be heard inside the head of the target individual.

Part 1 of 7. You can follow the other videos in the suggestions.

So also, allegedly, many UFO close encounter cases were military testing of psychotronic weapons. Some go so far as to say that TPTB were the architects of many of the common ET folklore stories. Some of this can be validated by the Pentacle Memo.

Anyways, I'm not saying any of this is true but it's a hell of a lot better than Xenu and the intergalactic federation.

edit on 11/24/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

First of all, and I say this as a man of faith...

Shelley Duvall needs psychiatric care, not cultism and zealotry, nor a pyramid scheme dressed up as religion.

Also, it is deeply troubling that a crowd funding campagin was set up for Duvall, which seemed to have a focus on getting her the help she needed, but actually was focused on promoting a cult to a woman with clearly debilitating mental health problems. This sort of victimisation is entirely typical of such organisations, but none the less is entirely unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What are you guys talking about?
A foreign intelligence entity that lives inside your mind (or something like that)?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

No. Read my above posts.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

No. Read my above posts.

First anotherside said,
I started hearing voices and ended up in psych wards...
voices are still there, torturing me...
Voices can be handled with a applied mental strength process, I'm not a scientologist, I have my own method.

Then you said...

Then anotherside said,
no it involves destroying them...

Then you said...

Then anotherside said,
I was being sarcastic

Then I asked what you guys were talking about?

Scientology claims that we're all born with dead aliens in our mind, right?
I thought that might be what you guys were talking about, no?
edit on 27-11-2016 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Lol no I was deviating slightly off topic. But I got onto the topic of psychotronics because another member mentioned hearing voices and ending up in psyche wards because of it.

Unrelated to Scientology, but sort of similar to Shelley, psychotronics are (allegedly) a type of psychic weapon that uses ELF, pulsed microwaves, and transcranial magnetic stimulation to induce a psychedelic state in a target person, from a distance. Supposedly, they can target a single individual among a crowd of individuals and insert voices that can only be heard inside the head of the target individual.

Part 1 of 7. You can follow the other videos in the suggestions.

So also, allegedly, many UFO close encounter cases were military testing of psychotronic weapons. Some go so far as to say that TPTB were the architects of many of the common ET folklore stories. Some of this can be validated by the Pentacle Memo.

Anyways, I'm not saying any of this is true but it's a hell of a lot better than Xenu and the intergalactic federation.

If you are still confused, see here

edit on 11/27/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join