It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Wants to Dissolve Electoral College.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
CNN wants elections to be more suitable to their own politics, which is quite similar to politics and elections in North Korea, where their candidate wins every single time. When Trump takes office he should revoke their FCC license for inciting civil disobedience and rioting. CNN is not practicing freedom of the press, they are inciting a civil war and sedition of a duly elected government leader.
#REVOKE CNN FCC LICENSE
And show them he is a good president already because:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: windword

Electoral College Electors REPRESENT Every State in the United States . Any suggestion of somehow Dissolving the Electoral College System would Disenfranchise Ever State in the Union . A Very Dumb Idea.

I'm NOT in favor of dissolving the Electoral College. I was opposed to the idea when Donald Trump suggested it too. I do think that the system needs to be tweaked a bit. I aslo don't like that elections hinge on the same "swing states" every election season.

And, there's nothing in the OP's video links that suggests that CNN wants to dissolve the Electoral College. They merely did a segment addressing the ongoing debate around the subject, and interviewed scholars on both sides. CNN has offered no editorial opinion on the topic that I'm aware of.

edit on 15-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It seems that now CNN officially, and the left in general, want to dissolve the electoral college, and to convert the "representative Constitutional republic" into a "direct republic" which is nothing more than a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Nice talking points and rhetoric.

From where did you steal it?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This election is not over. Plan C is in effect.

I've been wondering if that's possible.

And what exactly Plan C would be.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Donald Trump is going to put Steve Bannon in charge of DISOLVING CNN.. and CNN knows it. They'd better be focusing on something more important, like their resumes.

If Bannon keeps running Breitbart, or has any influence over it, it will be a propaganda machine for the US government. And if he "dissolves" any other media outlets, even worse.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You've touched on a big issue that I've been thinking about. Does the US need a state run media? RT rebuilt in the US?

No thanks. I do however think there needs to be a modicum of integrity as well as freedom of press having limits on what exactly it is covered by. That might be an extreme but we are swamped with disinfo and hoaxes.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ok. Here's the way it goes:Try to follow through.
1) Each states is divided into districts (or parishes)
2) Each district/parish gets a certain number of electoral votes
3) Each state appoints Electoral College members that represent each district/parish
4) The Presidential Election is held
5) The electoral votes are counted as the popular vote (in EACH State) comes in
6) The popular vote BY District of each State is used to tally the total Electoral Vote per candidate.

The Electoral College DOES NOT GET A CHOICE. (Well , at least until they make their FORMAL declaration)
Get it.
Got it
Good
And , looks as if congratulations are in order . You just won

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

...as well as freedom of press having limits on what exactly it is covered by.

What does this mean? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: dreamingawake
While the electoral college has been long time "paid off" by specific interests and with it's checks and balances done away with, it's quite ironic the MSM(Cinton News Network) cares only now. The Dems got what they put out this time. And the cycle continues.

Can you explain how the Electoral College CAN be "bought off" .Otherwise,that statement right there earns you my award for "Excellence in Ignorance"
Enjoy

You're kidding right? Calling ignorance, look in the mirror man. Voters and politicians can't be paid off by special interests? Here's one source for you so you don't think I am BSing with ignorance:

See here

Oh ya,

Congratulations. You just sealed the deal

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It's off topic so here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

" They merely did a segment addressing the ongoing debate around the subject, and interviewed scholars on both sides. CNN has offered no editorial opinion on the topic that I'm aware of. "

What was their Modus Operandi for Suggesting that ? I will hazard to guess here . They are Suggesting that in order to find a way for the Democratic Party to Control the Election Process in America by Allowing Untold Numbers of Immigrants to enter the Country , Register as Democrats , then Change the Election Laws to make the selection of a President be Determined by a " Popular Vote " Alone . In other Words , Suggesting TREASON . It cannot be Plainer than that .

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A big "no" to state run media. As for the integrity of the press, the market will take care of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Washington state elector says he won't vote for Clinton

Faithless elector In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice presidential candidate for whom he or she had pledged to vote. They may vote for another candidate or not vote at all. Faithless electors are pledged electors and thus different from unpledged electors.
Faithless elector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get it.
Got it
Good

edit on 15-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: carewemust
President Donald Trump is going to put Steve Bannon in charge of DISOLVING CNN.. and CNN knows it. They'd better be focusing on something more important, like their resumes.

Huh?

Try to sound a little less like a crazed authoritarian if you can manage, please.

When it comes to CNN, I'd like to be an even more "crazed authoritarian". Sorry TheAnteDiluvian, but I must decline your request.

Best wishes,
-cwm

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If CNN posts an interview in their videos asking "Should Electoral College be Abolished?" and they give the input from someone who does want to abolish the electoral college, that is not telling you it is what they want?...

Why? It's a popular subject right now. Even Fox News addressed it, and posed the question in the same manner:

Should the Electoral College Be Abolished?

Interestingly enough the guest speaker Fox had on was for changing the current system. So by your logic Fox News is also promoting the abolishment of the Electoral College.

However, neither news network was doing any such thing.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What was their Modus Operandi for Suggesting that?

The topic of the Electoral College is news, originally promoted by Donald Trump, btw. Their agenda is to report the news and educate their viewers on the topics being discussed. They did that. No more no less.

They are Suggesting that in order to find a way for the Democratic Party to Control the Election Process in America by Allowing Untold Numbers of Immigrants to enter the Country , Register as Democrats , then Change the Election Laws to make the selection of a President be Determined by a " Popular Vote " Alone . In other Words , Suggesting TREASON . It cannot be Plainer than that .

What video did you watch? I didn't hear any of that in the one in the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Faithless elector In United States presidential elections, a faithless elector is a member of the United States Electoral College who does not vote for the presidential or vice presidential candidate for whom he or she had pledged to vote. They may vote for another candidate or not vote at all. Faithless electors are pledged electors and thus different from unpledged electors.

Get it.
Got it
Good

Nice example he just sealed his own ignorance deal LOL.
But I don't think there's getting it here. Damn wish people would do their own HW unless it's contrarian to be so.
edit on 15-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: quote issue

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
lets not set that level of precedent for bending the constitution, thats all we need is to encourage our next president to start disregarding it completely. as a matter of curiosity, why do we have the electoral college playing middle man instead of allowing the popular vote to go straight to congress? sort of feels like sleight of hand. but maybe im just ignorant of how elections work.

I can also say that I am, and have been, ignorant of how it works. I'm even guilty of voting for Obama the first time around, but I live in a state where my vote is irrelevant no matter which primary candidate I vote for. I was once against the electoral college, but after learning more about the country I live in, I support it.

That's why I voted third party this time- I knew my electoral college would support Clinton no matter what I thought- and I don't like trump, but Clinton belongs in prison. I'm still amazed Clinton didn't win. Every new day brought more proof that her and most of the existing system should be in prison, yet every single source of news showed she couldn't possibly lose.

Here's the problem, though- and this is where the electoral college shines.
High population density areas.
Humans need to produce food to eat, and harvest water to drink. In cities, there aren't natural resources to provide basic human needs. In nature, this is where huge die-offs happen. Locusts are just grasshoppers fleeing the population supercenter.
We've created gooberment- it overrides the needs of the average and steals from them to support the needs of the below average, in the form of tax. We've allowed an entire culture of humans unable to provide for themselves to procreate and grow, entirely dependant on the system which steals from those who are only working hard to fend for themselves.
This culture has been leveraged by the elite to push policy in the past, but it's reached a breaking point where slightly less than half of the people are indirectly supporting slightly less then the other half- all directed by the remainder, the elite rich and powerful.

What we see today is a minor self correction. The elite put all of their eggs in one basket thinking their game was complete, based on public outcry- but those of us carrying their burden were so busy working extra hard to indirectly support their cause against our own will to speak up before, or after, it really mattered.
Public outcry is only made by those who have time to complain.
I know many people who couldn't find time to vote- they were working hard to keep their jobs to support their families and pay their mandatory taxes, part of which go to pay the salaries of the electoral college that ignored their views this past election.

CNN has proven full well to be in the control of the Clintons. Most media is corrupt, and most government is too- hence the 2013 repeal that allows them to completely control public media to support their own agenda.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Get it.
Got it
Good

And ya just keep goin . It dont get no better than this.....
Read up on what a "faithless elector" is....
Here , let me spell it out for you:
A faithless elector is a member of the electoral college for their state that , for one reason or the other , decides to go against the district they represent . AT the formal declaration of the electoral college. Could they be bought off then ? Yes .But not at this time. And not when counted at the Presidential Election vote. And since the total of electoral college votes , and the way they will vote , has been tallied by then THE WORLD would know. And even then , what would be the reason ? Would you buy someone off knowing your money was 100% wasted ? One vote ? That the world would know who it was ? Facing legal penalties , lawsuits , possible end of career move.
edit on 11/15/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

Back on topic.:
Just CNN taking knee and kissing the ring of their God- King -
George Soros

edit on 11/15/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Of course CNN wants to get rid of electoral college.

It would help them get more money and influence over elections.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join