It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Wants to Dissolve Electoral College.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What was their Modus Operandi for Suggesting that?

The topic of the Electoral College is news, originally promoted by Donald Trump, btw. Their agenda is to report the news and educate their viewers on the topics being discussed. They did that. No more no less.

They are Suggesting that in order to find a way for the Democratic Party to Control the Election Process in America by Allowing Untold Numbers of Immigrants to enter the Country , Register as Democrats , then Change the Election Laws to make the selection of a President be Determined by a " Popular Vote " Alone . In other Words , Suggesting TREASON . It cannot be Plainer than that .

What video did you watch? I didn't hear any of that in the one in the OP.

Please quote Trump saying he wants the Electoral college dismissed, Your leftist progressive post are amusing to read watching you squirm all over the place having to defend yourself to your own ilk at times, good stuff keep it going dude your ilk is the reason we elected Trump

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
8:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012
138,825 138,825 Retweets 96,064 96,064 likes
Follow

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.
8:30 PM - 6 Nov 2012
6,792 6,792 Retweets 1,957 1,957 likes

nymag.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Floridagoat

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
8:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012
138,825 138,825 Retweets 96,064 96,064 likes
Follow

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.
8:30 PM - 6 Nov 2012
6,792 6,792 Retweets 1,957 1,957 likes

nymag.com...

2012?

Are people not allowed to modify their views over time?

4 years is an eternity when talking about political views. Anyone's political views.

Hell, I used to be a moderate conservative. I am now a centrist leaning Democrat for the most part overall and as part of that my views on many issues have changed.

N'est pas?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

...dictatorship of the proletariat.

Somebody doesnt like democracy...
2nd

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

2012 was yesterday, in that it was the last presidential election! Trump was blaming the Electoral College for Obama's win. Calling for protests, even!

PLUS, Trump and his campaign spokespeople continued with the "The election is rigged" rhetoric throughout his campaign and Trump himself refused to say whether or not he would accept the election results, he so distrusted the "system". He only changed his mind after winning the Electoral College.

C'mon on now! I'm not saying Trump isn't our president elect, or that his election is invalid in anyway. I'm just saying that not that long ago, even during his campaign, he addressed the idea that there are flaws in the Electoral College system.

I don't want to see the Electoral College repealed. But I do think it could be reformed. What's wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't want to see the Electoral College repealed. But I do think it could be reformed. What's wrong with that?

Reformed how exactly in your opinion? I am genuinely curious. Because whatever reform you may propose will always cut both ways at times.

And that doesn't even touch on the immense hill that would have to be climbed to try and amend our constitution. I assume you know what that entails, right? 2/3's majority in both houses and a 2/3's majority of all states after that - and the states have seven years to even vote on it.
edit on 11/16/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The Electoral College procedures have been amended before, and it can be amended again. This doesn't seem to really be a partisan issue, but an all or nothing issue. I think the solution lies in the middle.

The Electoral College system is tied into the two national political parties, I'd like to see the Electoral Votes be neutral. I don't know why the Electoral votes are represented by individuals, it seems to me they should be overseen by individuals, but automatic calculated per each district's popular vote. I think we should be open to modernization.

Also, I wish that there was some way to protect against gerrymandering, but you know they say about wishing.....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: JinMI

A big "no" to state run media. As for the integrity of the press, the market will take care of it.

Ha, no it wont. the market is governed by the people. what people will buy or use or read, social media will provide in abundance, and more and more people are willing to buy yellow journalism coloring the latest story to their personal taste. everyone picks the information they want, and media has capitalized on that with tailor made bunk designed to keep us wanting more. saw a video about it recently, ironically enough. malfeasance in news because that is what people want to buy. and unless news providers can make money and provide news, well...they cant provide news.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Huh?

Try to sound a little less like a crazed authoritarian if you can manage, please.

You mean like the left has been doing for the past 8 years, from using the IRS to target conservative groups, to labeling Americans in the right as "possible extremists" just for not bowing to left wing ideals and doctrines? Do you mean the type of authoritarianism that the left has been using including against Ron Paul, and Judge Andrew Napolitano, alongside Americans who would dare want to defend the second amendment, or who would dare question any of Obama's policies, or who would dare not want the U.S. into a globalized communist regime meanwhile people in the left like you did not protest or say a peep against this type of leftwing authoritarian mandates?

Do you mean that type of "crazed authoritarian BS"?...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

From a large populous state that is democratic in large part, and a democratic senator proposes it.

[sarc]Big surprise![/sarc]

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Trump said during a "60 Minutes" interview on Sunday that he still has issues with the Electoral College.

"I'm not going to change my mind just because I won," the president-elect said. "But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win."

www.msn.com...

Like I said, this isn't a partisan issue.
edit on 16-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If you change the rules of the game then you change how it's played. DT said that if there was no EC then he would have spent all his time campaigning in CA, NY, and FL and would have won more easily. I don't know about the winning more easily part, but I certainly believe it would have changed how he campaigned. So changing the rules will not have the transformative effect Democrats are after. But they are pushing to change the rules of the game while it's being played, and that is just wrong on many levels.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: JinMI

A big "no" to state run media. As for the integrity of the press, the market will take care of it.

Ha, no it wont. the market is governed by the people. what people will buy or use or read, social media will provide in abundance, and more and more people are willing to buy yellow journalism coloring the latest story to their personal taste. everyone picks the information they want, and media has capitalized on that with tailor made bunk designed to keep us wanting more. saw a video about it recently, ironically enough. malfeasance in news because that is what people want to buy. and unless news providers can make money and provide news, well...they cant provide news.

My personal taste is only for the truth, and we aren't getting much of the truth from any MSM if any. People who do lie every other word, like Obama and Hillary believe that everyone believes what they say, and by doing this, it tells everyone just how they feel about people in general including those who support them. It isn't rocket science to discern between the truth, and lies, especially since the media has become very poor liars, just like Obama and Hillary.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Trump said during a "60 Minutes" interview on Sunday that he still has issues with the Electoral College.

"I'm not going to change my mind just because I won," the president-elect said. "But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win."

www.msn.com...

Like I said, this isn't a partisan issue.

Of course its not a left or right issue. But the more liberal people outnumber the non liberal so it would be totally unfair. Thats why they want it.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Does anyone remember this? Ironic that 2 years later demonrats like Hillary, and others in power in the left are advocating for getting rid of the electoral college. At least now they are openly advocating for it and people can see who they truly are. Authoritarians who only want for the majority in their states to be represented meanwhile taking away rights from less populous states and their people.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Completely ignoring that the electoral college was put in place to protect the nation from a tyranny of a few states, or even cities...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

*shrugs*

So leftists and leftist networks are working to overthrow the Republic.

Here's my shocked face.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
History has proven that Trump always triggers the triggerables !!!

Long term Strategy working 😎

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
See, as a 'foreigner' the entire idea that you guys in the US still use that old system is confusing as hell...

Why not have every eligable persons vote count towards the party they vote for we have country spannign technology and cross country communications now days right? Why have an electoral college? it serves no purpose at all...

If your so sure Trump is loved by the people and you truly believe in a representative, every citizens vote counts kind of election result... Ditch the electoral college and do what the rest of the god damn world does and have every vote count. If a person votes for the dems or repubs then thats a vote, if the majority of the individuals in the population votes for repubs then repubs win, if its the dems, dems win...

How is wanting that some act of tyranny?.. but hey go on keep having your popular votes (which are the god damn peoples choice) over turned by the politicians and their whims, thats the true American way i guess... seems alot less democratic than the US seems to paint itself.

And dont use the old oh but California bull. Californias got a sizable number of republican voters in it the same way good old Texas has Democratic voters... if every persons vote counted towards the end tally and who gets the election it doesnt matter a god damn if some large states have a larger number of one sides voters or not... since the end vote count will be a representation of what the majority voting population wanted... the fact so many ardent EC supporters cant seem to see that or actively ignore that boggles the mind.

But I dont see the EC ever being gotten rid of, since its mentally branded into the minds of so many of the citizens as being important like their illogical almost religous devotion to an old piece of paper penned by a bunch of guys a few hundred years ago...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join